Chapter 11

Stella Messorem

The next morning I act happy around the boys until they leave. Then I grab my shoes and run out door. I spend the whole morning walking around collecting all the stardust I can find. Sometimes stardust falls to earth. When it does no one can tell. You can't find it with a radar or a metal detector. Humans can't see it. I can. I see tiny splashes of silver and gold everywhere. It glows. When I pick it up and look at in it I can see colors. The colors I see make the brightest colors you have look  dull. They remind me of home. When I collect all the pieces I can find I bring them back home. When I get home I dump them on the floor. Then I sort them. I put the brighter pieces in one pile and the duller pieces in another.

Then I stand in between the two piles and take of my shirt and bandages. I close my eyes and use my mind to weld pieces together. They form the shape of my wings  and then I ready myself and attempt to meld them to my back. As soon as they touch my back I scream. The pain is unbearable. I try to keep my concentration but the pain is too much and my thoughts slip for a second. A second is all they need. My makeshift wings explode. I get flung forward by the explosion and I hit the wall. I'm stunned. By back burns worse than before. I start to cry.

I lay there for hours. Then I realize that the boys are going to be home soon. I pull myself up off the floor and look around. The explosion didn't affect anything else in the room. Only me. I pick up my shirt and bandage. I stagger to the bathroom and get in the shower. I let the water wash the failure and sadness off me. I get out of the shower feeling better. I'm still shaky on my feet but now I can tell which way is up. I turn around and look at my back. The gashes are even worse. They are bright red and puffy. I put aloe on them (just touching them almost causes me to pass out) and grab a new bandage under the sink. I try to put it on but everytime I touch them they hurt too much.

Then I hear someone knock on the door. "I'll be out soon." I say and grab a towel. I wrap the towel around myself and try my hardest not to touch it to my back. I run out of the bathroom and straight into my room. Then I realize that the only way i will be able to put the bandages on is if someone helps me. I peek my head out the door and shout "EUNHYUK!" as loud as I can. He comes running. "What is it?" He asks. "I need your help with something." 'What?" I usher in the room and lock the door again. "Could you....um....bandage up my torso please?" I ask. "Uh.....ok" He answers. "Ok great now turn around and don't peek." He turns around and I drop the towel and pick up a shirt laying on my bed to cover my chest with.


 

Eunhyuk's P.O.V

I look back at her and she is holding a shirt covering her chest, but I can she her stomach. It's smooth flawless skin. "Please just do it quick, and I might pass out, or scream." She says. I nod and grab the bandage. She turns around and I see her back. It looks horrible. Worse than before. I touch the bandage to her skin and I can feel her in her breath. I slowly wind it around her torso. Everytime I touch the gashes she flinches and squeezes her eyes shut.I want to hug her and tell her it'll be ok. I get the bandage up to below her "chest" and then she takes it from me. 'I can do the rest" She says. I nod and hesitate for a second. She stares at me with big eyes. "What's wrong?" She asks. Then I do something I never thought of doing before.

I lean forward and kiss her full on the lips. She freezes. I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her harder. I can feel her hands holding her shirt up in front of her press into my chest. She still hasn't moved. I pull away, smile, and run out of the room.

 

Comment please ^^