Chapter 9

The Alpha

You woke up and slowly looked around the room. The sun was peeking through the curtains on the window and you figured it must've been morning. You didn't know how long you were asleep. Was it a day? 3 days? a week?...

Your body ached and your yaw hurt. You slowly sat up and pressed your back against the headboard. You inhaled and exhaled deeply, you remembered the last time you were awake. You remembered Kris's soft lips touching yours, his arms gently pulling you into him. 

You happily jumped up and went to your bathroom. You stood in front of the mirror and something about you seemed different. Your jawline was more defined, your cheekbones stood out more,your eyes were so bright, your lashes longer and your hair was now down to your lower back. 

You stripped out of your clothes and the shower. As you were in the shower you noticed your body got more muscular, your arms and shoulders were a little wider and abs on your stomach were nicely visible. The hot water running down your body relaxed you and you closed your eyes. 

You finished your shower and then brushed your teeth and your hair. You found some ripped skinny jeans and a white tee. You got dressed and pulled over his hoodie. You sniffed it and it still smelled like him. You smiled happily and then left your room. 

You walked downstairs and went into the kitchen. 

"Morning kids." you greeted the guys in the kitchen. 

"Ahh you're awake." Suho came and gave you a nice long hug. 

"Yes, how long was I asleep?" you asked and hoped on the counter. 

Suho raised his eyebrow and then smirked, "just a couple of days... you seem... bubbly." 

"Yeah, i feel great...I have so much energy it's amazing." you kicked your legs and poured yourself some coffee. 

"That's awesome!" Suho said and give you his wide smile. But something was wrong, you could see it in his eyes. Sure his lips were stretched almost all the way to his ears but his eyes were so sad and concerned. 

'Was there something wrong?' you thought. But quickly shrugged it off your mind as you saw Lay come in from the back. 

"Ohh, Eunmi." he smiled and wrapped his arms around your waist. 

"Morning Lay." you chuckled and hugged him back. 

"We missed you." he said against your shoulder. 

"I missed you too!" you said and patted him on the back. 

He removed his head from your shoulder and smiled brightly. "You did?" he asked and you nodded. 

"Well then join us for breakfast." He said and picked you up bridal style. 

"Omg Lay, what are you doing?" you wrapped your arms around his neck for your safety. 

He chuckled and walked out. All the guys that were sitting around the table turned their heads in your direction and started cheering and howling loudly. 

"Look the sleeping beauty woke up!" Lay said and you felt your cheeks blush. 

"Shut up you! And put me down please!" you hit his chest playfully. 

"Ok, but only because you asked nicely." he put you down and quickly pecked your cheek and then ran to sit down at his spot. 

You made a face and rubbed your cheek while the other guys laughed. 

"Alright kids, time for breakfast." Suho came and put plates with food down on the table. 

You sat down beside Luhan on the bench and he wrapped  his arm around your waist and kissed your temple. "Welcome back sis." your smiled and nodded. 

They all began to eat and you noticed someone was missing. "Isn't Kris joining us?" you asked and the table suddenly became quiet. You felt the awkwardness in the air and everyone started avoiding your eyes. 

"ummm.. he... he's coming later..." Sehun said and continued eating the food that was on the plate.

You knew something was wrong! What were they not telling you?  

 

You barely ate anything from your plate when you heard someone coming towards the house. You heard the footsteps so clearly and you could smell them. You immediately recognized the first scent, the woody fresh one. It was Kris no doubt. But you couldn't recognize the other one, it smelled like dirt mixed with flowers it was a heavy scent, something you never smelled before. 

You turned your head around even before they came around the corner. All of the guys followed their gaze and soon they came around the house. It was Kris and some other girl! They were holding hands and walking towards you. You didn't know who she is. How dare she touch your Kris?

You felt your blood boil and your throat became dry. The girl smiled and slightly brushed her other hand over Kris's arm. You looked Kris directly in the eyes but he quickly looked away. As they came closer you could smell her better and you scrunched up your nose. They stood at the table and the girl smiled widely, clinging onto Kris more. 

You turned your head away from them, trying to control your anger that was eating you alive. Some guys were sending her daggers with their eyes, the others just kept a straight face. 

"Hi guys, this is Yuri. From now on she will be staying with us." Kris said and the girl looked at him and quickly pecked his cheek. 

You felt your stomach turn, you wanted to puke so badly. You remembered who that girl was, it was the girl those old ladies were talking about in the store. You felt Kris's eyes on you but you couldn't look at him anymore. You felt so betrayed, your heart ached and you felt tears forming behind your eyes but you didn't let them fall. 

"Well, sit down ..." Suho tried to sound friendly but he sounded fake. 

"Oppa there's not enough space." Yuri said to Kris and you felt her eyes on you.  

You shot her a glare and let out the breath you were holding in for who knows how long.

You stood up from the table without looking at them. "I'm done." you said dryly and started walking away. You took off the hoodie that Kris gave you and threw it on the floor. 

You didn't know where you were going, you just kept walking. Finally you felt tears rolling down your cheeks and you didn't stop them. You started running, you ran so fast. The pain in you chest was unbearable. You ran until you started seeing white spots in front of your eyes. You stopped and collapsed on the floor. You didn't know where were you, you sat on the muddy ground and let all your emotions out. 

You brought your knees up to your chest and crossed your arms on them. You buried your head in your arms and sobbed. 

You lost. You weren't good enough. You never were! You weren't good enough for him! 

You sat there and sobbed until the day started turning into a night and you knew you had to go back. You started walking back home, no more tears ran down your cheeks. You couldn't even cry anymore, you felt so useless. 

 

You found your way back home and as you were walking towards the house you heard two voices coming from the back porch. 

"Look, trust me she is!" first voice spoke and you kind of guessed it could be Suho. 

"No, she can't be!!" the other one said; Kris. 

"She freaking heard you coming when you were still on the edge of the woods, she smelled her scent!! I'm not stupid Kris.!!" 

"It's not possible okay! Yuri is the only one! Deal with it!!" Kris hissed back. 

"Kris, you know she..." Suho suddenly stopped talking and you heard footsteps coming around the house. 

He looked at you and you looked back. He saw it in your eyes, he saw that you heard everything. You let your head down and shook your head. 

You went to the lake and walked around it to the other side. You sat down on the grass and watched the beautiful colors of the sunset. A small breeze made you shiver a little and goose bumps formed on your skin. 

You were in a different world, dozing off in your mind. Suddenly you felt something warm around your shoulders and your head shoot up. Lay was smiling down at you while wrapping his leather jacket around your shoulders. He sat down beside you and looked in the sky, thinking about something. 

He turned his head back at you and gave you a warm smile. He wrapped one arm around you shoulders and rubbed your arm gently. You leaned on his shoulder and looked in the burning sky. You inhaled his scent. He didn't smell fresh like Kris. He smelled like a hot summer night, he smelled warm. 

No words were exchanged between you. He leaned his head on yours and kept comforting you. Slowly you felt you eyelids close and you fell asleep on his shoulder. 

______________________________________________________________________

Hello! 

Finally an update!! 

I'm sorry I kept you waiting for so long guys! But now I promise I will update more often! 

And I want to thank you so much for supporting my story. I never thought so many of you would subscribe and up vote and commented! 

THANK YOU! 

Well that will be all! Have a nice day! 

Comment, Subscribe & Up Vote! 

~ Love, N.