Chapter 3

The Alpha

 

You walked back downstairs and everyone finished their breakfast already. You went to the fridge and took out some milk, you poured it into to the glass and took the cookies from the counter. You walked to the living room and sat down on the comfy sofa. You took your cookies and milk and started dipping them and tasting the delicious sweetness. The cookies just melted in your mouth and they were so good. You let out a silent moan and chuckled. “Is it good?” you heard a whisper in your ear and you jumped a little. Lay chuckled behind you and sat down next to you. “You have a little something over there.” He said and scooted closer and leaned really close to you. He used his thumb and ran it a little bit too much over your lip, then whipping it away and his finger, keeping his gaze locked with you. You didn’t notice his hand on your waist until he pulled you closer to him and you felt his hot breath on your face. You were so surprised you couldn’t even say anything. He started leaning in, his eyes moved from yours to your lips, you saw him running his tongue over his bottom lip and biting on it.

Suddenly the doors opened and your reflexes kicked in, you jumped from his grip, almost spilling the milk that was still in your hands. Kris looked pissed off and sad at the same time. “I’m sorry to interrupt.” He said annoyingly. “You weren’t interrupting anything.” You said and walked to the kitchen, putting your glass down. You felt your cheeks getting really hot and you knew you were blushing hard. You were embarrassed. “Well anyways I came to tell you we have a meeting at the village.” Kris said. “Wait what? What meeting?” you asked, facing Kris. “Well full moon is coming up, and this time the Alpha may finally be chosen.” “Yeah, but why now?” Lay said. “I don’t know, but we need to meet with the elders.” Kris said and walked out. You and Lay followed him outside, where the whole pack was. “I’m coming with you.” You said. You wanted to go, this is important to you and your family. “Okay fine, but we are going there as wolfs it’ll be much faster.” Suho said. “Okay I’m going with the car.” You said. “Ehh, Kris will take you there.” You didn’t notice Kris was gone until he came from the woods in a wolf form. He was the biggest of them all, and he had a black coat. You liked to pet him the most, because of his soft hair and he enjoyed it very much. He kept his gaze locked with you and was looking unusually sad. Was he really hurt by what he saw? But you weren’t even doing anything. He laid down in front of you, waiting for you to climb on his back. You climbed on his back and petted him softly on the head, he closed his eyes and let out a growl. Then everyone else was changed already and you headed into the woods. You had to hold on tight, because of the speed. Soon enough you reached the village and all eyes were on you.

You sat down around the ‘campfire’ on the beach, it was the place where the wolfpack usually had their meetings. They were discussing a lot of different options and some of them were pretty sure the new alpha will be chosen this time. You secretly wished it would be, and that the alpha would be Kris. After all, he was the biggest, strongest wolf with the most leadership abilities. And even more you wished that you would be the girl that is born to be a wolf. The full moon is in 2 days and in that night everything will be revealed.

When the meeting ended you returned home, you stepped off Kris and patted him “Thank you,” he nodded his head and then returned to the woods. You walked in and started preparing lunch for the guys. Sehun came in and sat down at the table. “So… Kris seemed kind of upset.” He started. You didn’t answer him, you just nodded your head. “What happened?” he asked again. “Nothing happened.” You wanted to say that but someone was faster than you. It was Kris he came in and poured a glass of water for himself. Sehun left you two alone and you felt rather uncomfortable.

“I… I’m sorry.” You blurted out.

“For what?” he asked.

“I... I don’t .. know.” There was silence and you felt really ashamed of yourself. Did he hate you?

“Do you like him?” he suddenly asked, making you almost choke on your saliva. “No, no I don’t.” “Good.” he said and hugged you. You wrapped your arms around him and rested your head on his chest while he your hair.

“I don’t want you to like any other guy.” He said quietly and you nodded in his chest. You inhaled his scent and you clearly smelt the smell of woods, your favorite, it was just so calming to your soul... 

____________________________________________________________________________________

Comment & Subscribe <3