Chapter 10

The Alpha

The next day you woke up in your bed. You heard two voices talking or more like arguing outside your room.

“Look Lay…” “No! Listen to me, you have no right to…” The two stopped talking as they heard your footsteps coming closer.

You opened the doors and saw Lay and Kris standing on top of the stairs, both looking at you.

“Oh Eunmi I’m sorry… did we wake you up?” Lay walked towards you and pulled you in for a hug. Your legs were still weak and some support felt really nice. You leaned your head on his chest and wrapped your arms around his waist. He your hair slowly, rocking you side to side slightly.

You felt a pair of eyes on you and you turned your head right. You caught Kris glaring at you. Your eyes met, he quickly looked away and stormed off to his room.

You remembered how lovingly once those eyes were looking at you, how his arms were wrapped around you and not Lay’s. You sighed.

“Hey, wanna grab some food and then we can go for a hike?” Lay suggested and you nodded in his chest.

What else were you suppose to do anyways? You didn’t want to be around the house when Yuri and Kris are there.

“Okay let’s go.” he said and you let go of him. “Let me just get ready and I’ll be right down.” You said and Lay nodded.

You disappeared back into your room. You washed up and put on a fresh pair of shorts that hit down to your mid-thigh, a white tank top and a red and blue plaid shirt. You put your hair up in a ponytail. 

You left your room and walked downstairs where everyone was waiting around the table.

“Morning.” Your brothers greeted you and everyone’s heads turned in your direction. You smiled at them and nodded your head, you didn’t feel like talking much.

You smelt something odd and you looked in the kitchen. Yuri was preparing the breakfast, well more like burning it.

You took an apple from the fridge and then closed it with your elbow.

“Eunmi, won’t you join us for breakfast?” Luhan asked.

You were about to say something when you got cut off.

“Ohh I didn’t prepare any food for her.” Yuri sassily said. 

You laughed to yourself and shook your head. ‘Classic’ you thought.

“Lay you ready to go?” you asked and he looked up.

“Ready to go? Where?” Luhan asked, looking at Lay and then at you.

“Hiking.” You said and bit into your apple. You caught Kris glaring at you with the corner of your eye again.

“Um yeah, let me just change and then we’ll go.” Lay said and stood up from the table.

“Ok, I’ll wait for you outside.” You walked pass the table and caught a glance of the food, which looked horrible. Xuimin scrunched up his nose and poke the burnt meat with his fork.  ‘No, ‘oh man I’m hungry as a wolf’ jokes?!’ you thought in your mind, and you couldn’t help but chuckle. On the other hand you felt bad for the guys.

You put on your shoes and then left the house. You heard someone standing up and following you. Soon the doors opened and closed. Someone grabbed your forearm and spun you around.

“Eunmi don’t go.” Kris said, his eyebrows frowned together.

“Why not?” You asked. “Just don’t … please… I don’t want you to hang around with Lay!” he said and you let out a dark laugh. “Why? Huh? Why shouldn’t I? You don’t own me KRIS! You don’t have any right to say what I should and shouldn’t do! And why would you care if I hang around with Lay? I AM NOTHING TO YOU! You have your wifey to take care of, and I’ll take care of myself.”

You pulled your arm out of his grip and took a few steps back. You usually weren’t like this, you hardly ever get angry but right now you felt like you were going to explode. Blood was boiling inside you. You had a strong metallic taste in your mouth, and your vision was getting blurry.

Kris was standing there, not saying anything. Which was making you even angrier, you felt your heartbeat in your head, your breathing became faster.

“Hey, is everything okay?” Lay stepped outside. You looked up to him, you saw concern in his eyes and you started calming down.

“Yeah, let’s go!” You said and turned around. You started walking fast and Lay ran up to you, and walked next you.

“What was that?” He asked and you shook your head, “it was nothing.” He saw you didn’t want to talk about it so he didn’t ask any further.

You walked for a little while, you both didn’t speak much, you just listened to the birds sing and all this other noises that you could clearly hear. You could hear a deer eating grass somewhere, you heard brunches cracking somewhere else. All this was new to you. And also you could smell so much better, you smelled all the animals, the leafs, the mud.

You were walking under the top of the mountain, a little out of the forest already. Lay was walking in front of you.  He took his shirt off, since it was really hot and you took of your shirt and wrapped it around your waist. You were looking at Lay’s muscular back, even though you’ve seen it before, you only now actually saw how defined his muscles were.  He wasn't as muscular as Kris but definitely well built.

As you were walking behind Lay, you heard something closing down on you. It was coming fast and in your ear it was very loud. At first you couldn’t recognize it but then it you.

“LAY WATCH OUT!!!” you shouted and dodged him on the ground just in time. A huge rock rolled down the hill, making his way to the bottom. Crushing everything underneath it.

You let out shaky breath as you tried to calm your heart down. 

“How did you…” Lay asked, his eyes were wide in fear.  “I… I… I don’t know… I heard it coming… and...and …” You were now confused yourself. All you knew is that you just saved Lay’s life.

“You heard it?” Lay asked and you nodded. You heard a loud crash and then the rock stopped rolling. “It hit the bottom.” You mumbled to yourself but Lay heard you. “You can hear that?” Lay asked again and you nodded.  Lay looked at you and then on the ground beside you.

“What is that? Oh god, you’re bleeding.” He said and you frowned your eyebrows. No you weren’t bleeding, you felt fine, you thought.

You touched your head and felt something wet on your fingers. Your fingers were covered with warm blood that was streaming from your head.

“Oh god we need to get back.” Lay said and got up. You didn’t feel any pain though, maybe it was the adrenalin.

“Here put this around your head, this should help stop the bleeding.” Lay put his shirt around your head and tied it.

“Can you walk?” he asked and you nodded, you felt fine. He help you get up and you started making your way back home.  His arm was tightly wrapped around your waist the whole time, you assured him you were fine and that you can walk by yourself.

The place where you hit your head, sting from time to time, but it was bearable.  

When you reached your home you asked Lay if he could just call Suho. You didn’t want everyone worrying about you. Lay sat you down on the bench next to the house and then went inside to get Suho. A minute later Suho and Lay came back.

“Let’s see now…” Suho said as he slowly unwrapped the shirt from your head. “It’s quit some blood in here.” He said as he put it away. He checked your head and frowned. “Where did you hit yourself?” he asked and you put your fingers to where the cut was before. But now it wasn’t there anymore, only some dried up blood on your hair but your scalp was healed.

“Are you sure it was there?” Suho asked and you nodded again. Both of the guys were just as shocked as you were.

“It healed…” Lay said. “Just like a wolf…” Suho said.

You couldn’t believe it, it healed itself? You saw it on the guys, whenever they got hurt they would heal in no time.

“Do you think she…?” Lay asked and Suho nodded. “Eunmi, you’re a wolf…” Suho said looking into your eyes.

“No I’m not.. this is just… maybe it was just very small..” You said.

“Eun.. it wasn’t small.. you left a pool of blood behind you.” Lay said.

You shook your head, you were so confused now. What was happening to you?

“Just don’t tell the others please?!” You said and they both nodded, assuring their silence.

 

You got up and Suho pecked your forehead. “Everything is going to be alright sis.” He whispered in your ear and wrapped his arm around your shoulders. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello! 

I am so sorry I kept you waiting for so long! Honestly the conncetion down here ! 

So um yeah here's a quick update... I'm really short on time but I'll try to deliver as much and as fast as I can. ;)  

SORRY FOR THE TYPOS! 

SO thank you again for all the love. 

& thanks to autumnbreeze for the amazing poster! 

Subscribe, Up Vote & leave a comment <3 

~ Love, N. <3