Chapter 6

The Alpha

 

You woke up and walked downstairs, the house was silent and there was no sign of anyone except you. You yawned and walked to the fridge, you opened it and like most of the time it was empty. Feeding 12 boys was really a task and no matter how much food you brought they would take care of it in no time. You sighed and went back upstairs to change. You put on some jeans and a black V-neck, you grabbed your wallet and keys and then left the house. You drove to the nearest grocery shop and parked the car. You went in and started picking up the stuff you needed. You passed by the snacks and remembered to buy some for makneas . You felt eyes on you and you turned around and saw some school girls staring at you, when they saw you caught them they quickly looked away and started whispering. You decided to just ignore them and finished your shopping. You got everything you needed and went to the cashier. While you were waiting in line you overheard a conversation between two middle aged ladies.

“Poor YuRi has been sick ever since the full moon.” “Oh really? Poor girl, how is she?” “She has a very high fever and she’s dizzy a lot…” “Ehm… do you think, you know, she’s turning?”I think so, it’s time that pack gets a woman to take care of them already.” “Mhm… but I heard that girl that lives with them didn’t turn, isn’t that strange?” “Pshh… no wonder she didn’t turn, she’s the Alphas daughter, the spirits must be angry at him for not accomplishing his duty.”  The ladies kept rambling but you couldn’t take it anymore.

You felt something inside of you boiling, you didn’t know what is it...anger, disappointment, jealousy? You sighed and left the store with hands full of bags. You put everything in the car and drove back home. Who is this girl? YuRi, you never heard of her. Is she even related to the wolf pack in anyway? Is she really turning, does that mean you’ll lose him forever?

Your heart was racing and your palms were sweaty. You didn’t know why but you felt dizzy and your breathing was heavy. You made it back home and stepped out of the car. Your head was aching and for a moment the world spun around you and you lost your balance. You felt strong arms wrap around your waist, preventing you from falling to the hard ground. You slowly opened your eyes and looked at the figure that was supporting you.

“Appa?” you whispered out. He slightly smiled and pressed a gentle kiss on your temple. You smiled and you heart started racing again, everything around you started spinning again and then dark, you heard a voice calling your name from the distance but you couldn’t respond. Slowly the voice started fading away until you couldn’t hear and see anything anymore.