Chapter 20

The Alpha

“Halmoni!” You said and hugged your grandma tightly. She hugged you back and patted your head.

“Oh honey, come in.” She said and you nodded taking a step forward into the house.

The whole vibe of the house was so cozy and home like and you relaxed the moment you entered.  Your grandma closed the doors behind you and together you walked to the living room that was half connected to the kitchen.

“Come sweetie, sit down. I’ll make us some tea.” She said and you sat down on the sofa and watched her put on the water and search the cabinets for her own special ‘tea mix’.

It felt so good to escape home for a little while and you knew you could always come here. You wiped your cheeks and rubbed your eyes, sinking deeply into the soft cushion.

You looked around and saw picture frames on the wall. You stood up silently walked closer, they were family pictures, of your grandma, grandpa and your mom. There was also a baby picture of you and your brothers, a picture of your mother and your dad,…

“You guys look so adorable on that picture.” Your grandma commented and snapped you out of your thoughts.

“Oh umm… yeah.” You said and then went back to the sofa and sat down.

“Here, have some.” She said and pushed a plate of fresh cookies towards you. She handed you the cup and you wrapped your hands around the warm porcelain, wishing that some of that heat could travel up your arms to your heart.

You sighed deeply and took a sip of the yummy drink. You took one of the cookies and bit into still warm cookie that just melted in your mouth.

They were so delicious that you let out a little moan. Your grandma chuckled at your reaction and you couldn’t help but laugh at yourself. You ate one after another until the whole plate was gone, you also finished all of your tea and you felt much better now.

“I’ll get you some more.” Your grandma said and smiled. She got up and walked over to the kitchen.

That’s why you loved your granny so much. She would always take care of you no matter what. And you would come to her every time you had problems, either was it just a small problem or big like this one, she would always listen to you and give you her honest advice.

She brought another plate and another cup of tea and you thanked her.

“So how are you honey?” she asked and you sighed, looking down at the carpet.

“I’ve been better.” You mumbled but you knew she heard you.

“Well I expected that, so tell me what’s wrong?”

You took a deep breath and started explaining everything… from you not being able to complete the transformation, to Kris, Lay and Yongguk. You had to stop a couple of times to calm down or wipe away the tear that accidently escaped.

She moved to sit beside you and you laid down and placed your head on her lap. She patted your head and nodded from time to time, listening to you carefully.

“Halmoni… why? Why can’t I just transform already?” You asked.

“Because, your heart won’t let you.” She said and you frowned your eyebrows.

“But, you said I have a heart of a wolf…” You said, a bit confused.

“You do, you have a heart of a true she-wolf. It’s just your soul is incomplete. You’re missing a spot, a spot that only that one special person can fill. And until your soul is incomplete, so is your heart and the transformation cannot be completed. “

*Kris.* You saw his face in front of your eyes but quickly erased that image.

“But how do I-“

“Know who that person is?” she cut you off and you nodded.

“Oh sweetie… You have to open up your heart. Turn off your mind, turn off everything else and let the heart guide you and I guarantee you will know who the right person is.” She said and you nodded again, letting all the information sink in.

“Is it possible I’ve met that person before?” you asked.

“Yes it is. But nothing can happen until you open up to them and give them your true love and in return you’ll receive their love and you’ll transform, so you will be able to live with your soul mate as one.”

You thought about her words and you knew you had to get back to the pack and try to make things right.

You stayed for another hour or two and then decided it’s time to go back home. Back to the one you belong to.

“Thank you halmoni so much.” You said and hugged her again.

“Anytime sweetie. Now make sure you come more often and bring your brothers too!” she said and you nodded.

“Bye halmoni.” You smiled and waved her. She smiled and waved back.

You turn around and started walking home. You shivered a little when the wind hit you and speeded up a little.

 

When you were already near your house you heard loud shouting and growling. You got curious what’s going on and started running, as the house came into a view you saw 4 or 5 big wolves fighting and the rest of them in human form.

“Whoaa whoa.! Guys! STOP! STOOOOOP!” you yelled at the two fighting packs but none of them paid any attention to you.

“STTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPP!” You shouted so loud that everyone stopped right away. You even surprised yourself that your vocal cords managed that.

Yongguk changed on the spot and everyone else followed. You walked towards him and pushed him away from Kris, crossing your arms on your chest.

“Turn around, start walking and never come back!” You said sternly, showing no emotions what so ever on your face.

Yongguk wiped the blood off the corner of his mouth and smirked.

*How does he manage to smirk when 12 guys wants to get him 6 feet under ground.* you thought, disgusted.

He leaned down but you leaned back, not making a step though stranding your solid ground.

“This is not over. I’ll see you again.” He whispered dangerously in your ear.

“I doubt that.” You said back and didn’t let the expression on your face change, even though his voice just sent a million shivers down your spine.

He chuckled and then slowly turned around and started walking away. The rest of his pack slowly started backing away and then turned around and followed their leader.

You stood there until they were out of sight. You sighed and ran a hand through your hair. You turned around and looked at the guys. Some of them were beaten up pretty badly but most of them will just have a couple of bruises.

You looked at Lay and Kris which were both beaten up badly, their faces were scratched and they were both bleeding.

“Ok everyone back in the house. Lay and Kris you’re coming with me.” You said and sent  everyone back inside.

“You try to rest and I’ll take care of these two and then cook you something okay?” you said and everyone nodded understanding.

You went upstairs and the two followed you. You took the first aid kit from the cabinet and looked at the guys that were standing at the door frame.

“Ok, who’s first?” you asked. You examined both and saw Kris had some pretty bad cuts on his cheeks and also shoulders and chest.

“Kris, sit down.” You told him and he sat down on the edge of the bath tub.

Lay lazily walked towards his room and plopped down on his bed, while waiting for you to finish with Kris.

 

“Ok this might sting a little.” You said gently padded over the cuts.

He flinched a little and you continued your work, when you were done with that you threw the pad away.

“Are you okay?” he asked while you were looking through the kit for some bandages.

“Shouldn’t I be asking you that?” you said.

He held both of your wrists and stopped you from what you were doing. He spun you so that you were facing him and looked directly into your eyes.

“I’m sorry Eunmi.” He said it almost as a whisper.

You looked away from him, “it’s not your fault.” You said.

“But I feel like it is…” he said and searched for your eyes. “I… I’ve been thinking about what you said to me… and… I wanted to tell you that… I … I still L-“

“What do you think you’re doing?” the doors suddenly opened. You jumped a little and pulled your hands away from Kris, you took a step back not acknowledging of the small space between you two before.

“Krissy… what are you doing with her?” Yuri stormed in and stood in front of him, blocking me.

“She was just taking care of my cuts, Yu. Calm down.” Kris said annoyed, obviously trying to calm himself down.

“Well I can take care of my man very well. So no need for her, now sshooo.” She shooed said and you rolled your eyes, annoyed.

“You’ll be good in a couple of hours, there shouldn’t be any scares. If it hurts just take aspirin.” You said and packed up the first aid kit. Kris nodded and thanked you.

“Why are you still here?” Yuri butted in.

You sighed and walked out closing the doors behind you loudly. You were kind of curious what Kris was trying to tell you before that bimbo barked in.

You walked into Lay’s room and closed the doors behind you silently. He was lying on his bed and sat up when he heard you come.

“How’s Kris?” He asked and you rolled your eyes. “Alive.” You answered and put down the kit on the bed beside him.

You looked at his face and saw he had quite some deep cuts that trailed all the way down his neck and under his shirt.

“Oh god Lay this is pretty bad. Do you have them anywhere else?” you asked and he moved a little.

“Yeah there might be some on my back.” He said and massaged his shoulder.

“Let me see.” You said and turned him to the side. He slowly pulled of his shirt and there was a trail of deep cuts along his back.

“Oh my god. Why didn’t you tell me before?” You asked and he just shrugged his shoulders.

You saw he was a little uncomfortable when you were touching him, because every time your fingers would come in touch with his skin his muscles would tense up.

You took care of his back and then told him to turn back. He did as you said and you started to work on the cuts on his neck. He flinched a little from time to time.

“Does it hurt a lot?” you asked, looking at his face worriedly.

“A…uhh...bit.” he tried to sound normal but you knew how much it must’ve hurt and you felt so bad for him.

You finished the cuts on his face and then saw that he was bleeding on the corner of his lip. You took a new pad and gently tapped it on his bottom lip. He flinched and closed his eyes, you looked from his eyes back to his lips and admired how perfectly shaped they were. You wondered how his lips would feel against your own.

You realized how close your faces were when his hot breath tickled your skin. You suddenly felt the urge to kiss him and you leaned down, gently pressing your lips against his.

Lays eyes shot opened and he looked at you shocked. You pulled away as you felt your cheeks flush. You looked away from him suddenly feeling extremely hot.

You saw his face change and he smiled brightly. He brought his hand behind your neck and made you face him. His eyes went from yours down to your lips and he slowly leaned down and filled the gap between you two.

His soft lips pressed against yours and you responded, kissing him back right away. He pulled your closer and wrapped his other arm around your waist. You caressed his right ‘healthy’ cheek, he cupped the side of your face and you titled your head to the side a little.

The kiss was slow and passionate, and you couldn’t deny how much you were enjoying it.

He slowly pulled back and you pouted, because you didn’t want it to stop. He smiled and pecked your lips again.

You two were just staring at each other faces lovingly.

“Pabo Lay…” you pouted as you traced the outline of the cuts gently.

“Wae?” he asked.

“You shouldn’t fight!” you scolded him.

“But I was fighting for you…” he said, leaning in and inhaling your scent.

“Oppa…” you said and he mumbled ‘mmm’ in your ear.

You leaned back and made him face you. You looked directly into his eyes and cupped his face gently.

“Don’t fight anymore… I don’t want you to be hurt! Promise me you won’t fight anymore.”

He smiled, his eyes were so sparkly and lively, he was the kind of Lay you haven’t seen in a long time.

He leaned in and whispered, “I promise.” Against your lips and then connected them again.

You wrapped your arms around his neck carefully not to press on his cuts and kissed him back.

You enjoyed it, a lot. It was different than with Kris or Yongguk but you liked it.

Maybe, he deserves a chance? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong! <3 

I hoped you liked this update! ^^ I know a lot of you like Lay very much...  and oh well I do to.. so enjoy. :D

So I know I promised I'll be updating every Monday, Wednesday and Friday... but school is staring next week, and I'm not sure how much I'll be able to update during the week... so I'm just letting you know that the updates might get a little scattered again. 

Comment, Subscribe & Up Vote <3 

P.S.: ur comments really help me out when writing! <3 and ily guys <3 

~ Love, N <3 

Killing me! *______* 

 

Btw. Tell me some of your favorite EXO fics... I'd love to read some!