Chapter 1

The Alpha

 

The sun was slowly setting low on the sky and you were sitting in front of your house with an open book. You were staring at the lake for the past 10 minutes. You lived in a wooden house next to a lake, it was just big enough for you and your family to live happily in it. You had 3 brothers, Luhan, Suho and Sehun all 3 of them older than you. They were all a part of a pack, a wolf pack to be exact. You put your book down as you heard the guys closing on you. “See ya later ladies.” Suho yelled and jumped in the water, following by almost everyone else. You chuckled, they were really funny guys, always running around like little kids, only wearing their shorts and their hair all messed up. There were 12 boys; Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, D.O., Kai, Sehun, Tao, Xiumin, Luhan, Lay, Chen and Kris.  They were all older than you, but in reality you were much more grown up. They would always hang out at your house, you took care of them so they called you momma wolf.

You watch them having battles with each other and shook your head. “Kids…” Kris came behind you and sat next you. You smiled and nodded your head. You felt those butterflies in your stomach every time you guys would talk or even see each other. You liked him, there was no doubt about it. But he probably didn’t see you as anything more than a friend, you two were best friends since you were kids. And to think that he might not feel the same way that you do made you sick to the stomach. “I’ll go grab some wood for the fire.” You said and stood up. You left his sight and walked behind the house. There was no more chopped wood and you sighed. You took the ax and made your way to the forest. You heard footsteps behind you and before you could turn your head someone took the ax from your hand and passed you. Kris looked back and smiled. He stopped at the logs and threw the ax on the ground. He picked up one of the logs and placed it in front of him. Being a wolf really has some advantages, picking up logs like it’s a feather. You sat down on one of the logs and watched him chop the wood. He was still shirtless and you could see every muscle in his body working. His toned chest was breathtaking and you just couldn’t take your eyes off of him. “You know if you keep staring at me like that, I might think you like me or something.” He suddenly said without lifting his head up. You blushed hard and immediately turned your head the other way, not wanting to make an eye contact with him. You mentally slapped yourself for being so dumb. “Okay I think this is enough.” Kris said and picked up the wood. His hands were full so you picked up the ax and walked next to him.

You walked back to the porch that was facing lake and you started making a camp fire, for guys to warm up. “Okay guys, that’s enough. Get out of the water now.” You said and motioned them to get out. They obeyed and one by one swam to the shore. They all came out and shook their heads to dry their hair like real wolfs. You laughed at their silliness and made them sit down around the fire although that wasn’t really necessary since they don’t get cold. I brought them the soup you made earlier and they started eating happily. “Oh man I am one hungry wolf.” Xiumin said and quickly took his bowl. You chuckled again and sat down beside Kris. They all ate their food and then you just sat around the fire chatting and roasting some marshmallows. It was around 10pm and the temperatures began to fall. You were getting colder and begin to shiver a little. You felt an arm wrapping around you and bringing you closer to him. Kris smiled gently at you and hugged you. You placed your head on his chest and closed your eyes, trying to calm your heart down. You knew he could feel and hear your heart beating like crazy and you were kind of embarrassed about it. He quietly chuckled in your ear and placed his chin on your head. The warmth of his body surrounded you and you felt safe. Safe in an embrace of a wolf...

____________________________________________________________________________________

Comment & Subscribe <3