Chapter 6

Daddy?

Dara had stayed over at Top's house to go with him to the clinic after he begged her several times.

(Flasback)

"Why can't you come with me.?" he asked

"Because this part is your own business so you take care of it. I agreed to help you out with JunHo but this is too much. You have to do this alone." she told him.

"But I can't just appear at the hospital alone with a kid on my arms...and me being who I am." he said with a 'Duh' look in his face.

Dara rolled her eyes. "Ask JiYong to go with you."

"He's busy tomorrow. Plus he will be already covering for me when I call in sick."he told her.

She sighed.

"Fine, I'll go. But not for you; for this beautiful baby boy..."she said cooing JunHo who was laid on the couch.

The white haired man smirked. "So you're calling me beautiful." he said to mess with her.

"What?" she said genuinely confused.

"Well, technically he's beautiful because I'm beautiful since he's my son. And you said so yourself, that he looked exactly like me."

Dara was taking this in. When she finally had her epiphany she had her eyes in slits. "Aisht...whatever. Stop being such a big head will you?" And she went back to small boy feeling her cheeks get slightly hot and leaving Top with a smirk playing on his lips.

(End of flashback))

Now she was waiting for him to join her in the living room with baby JunHo, who was already dressed, in her arms.

"Oppa hurry up, we'll be late for the appointment."

"I'm coming, I'm coming." he said going down the stairs.

She knew that Top was considered one of the best dressed men in Seoul these days (right next to JiYong) but since she hadn't seen him in a while, she couldnt really agree or be against this statement. But now she could definately agree.

"Wow, are we going to the clinic or a photoshhot?" she asked when he reached the bottom of the stairs.

"What do you mean?" he asked while pulling a white scarf around his neck.

"The way you're dressed."she nodded his way.

Top looked down to look at his clothing.

(Imagine white hair and no gloves. And this is Top. Image from Google.)

 

"Oh, I'm always dressed like this." he told her matter-of-factly.

"You should've told me. I would've dressed better." Dara said acknowledging her confortable jeans, over-sized sweater and converse.

Top looked at her. "Nah, you're fine." he went to look for his missing phone.

While opening the stroller she had bought the day before with Top's money she scoffed. "Thank you for your approval. Now let's go, we're late."

 

-------------------------------------------

They arrived at the private clinic where the YG members and staff usually went to instead of normal crowded hospitals.

Soon his name was called and he went in the the doctor's office  with JunHo in his arms. Dara suggested she waited outside.

"So, Choi-ssi, how can I help you today?" Dr Hwang asked. Not looking at him, but at the baby in his arms.

"Well, as you see, I'm in a very...uncommon situation right here. Yesterday morning, someone left this little kid on my doorstep claiming that he is my son. So I'm here today to ask for a DNA test to see if he is or not my child."

Dr Hwang nodded. 'These kids nowadays, sleeping here and there. Then they get scared when kids start popping out of nowhere...Aigoo, jinjja... (Oh my goodness, seriously...)' he thought. 

He cleared his throat. "Yes. Does Yang-ssi know about this matter?" he asked.

"Not yet. I was actually about to ask you this. Could you not tell anything to Yang-Daepyunim untill the results come out.?"

'Do I have any other choice?' Dr Hwang thought again. "Meaning then that you will be paying for the preceedures."

"Ne Hwang-Oesanim (Yes doctor Hwang)." Top answered.

Dr Hwang nodded. "You may porceed to the room next door. I will call in a nurse."

Top stood up from his chair and headed to where he was  indicated. As the doctor had said, there was a nurse waiting for him. He could see the obvious shock all over her face when she found out who the patient was. And more, what was he doing with a baby.

He would definately be the talk of the day.

"M-Mr Choi, I will need you to rub this cotton swab in your mouth so we can have an example of your saliva to send in to the lab. It will be the main genetic indicator. But before could you please lay the baby here." the nurse said not daring to look directly in to his eyes and occuping herself herself with other things. 

He nodded and did what he told her after putting JunHo on the small sized hospital bed. She opened a small plastic container so he could put the cotton swab.

"What about JunHo?" he asked startling the nurse.

"With him, we will need a blood example in order to do the test. It's the only trustable indicator since he is basically a newborn." the nurse explained while preparing a syringe with her back to him.

"Wh-Where will you take the blood from?" he asked getting worried. He was having this weird feeling in his stomach.

"From his arm. Could you please hold him to the side?" The nurse asked. Top unwillingly held the little boy while she lifted the baby's small long sleeved shirt to expose his small arm.

'I'm not feeling this...'Top thought.

And as the needle came to contact with the baby's skin, he started crying.Top felt horrified witht the view. He saw how the nurse was not removing the needle from the baby's arm. 

'Is she planning on drying him up?' he thought with horror.

"Don't you think that's enough?" He asked kind of harshly.

The nurse nodded blushing of embarssment..She cleaned the baby's arm, put a band-aid and dressed him again. As soon as she was done, Top lifted the still crying boy from the bed held him to his chest protectivly almost glaring at the nurse. He himself didn't know why he was behaving like this.

'Maybe because he's so small...' he thought

"I advise you to come by some other time to give him a health check up and for him to get his shots.That is important to avoid any health problem." the nurse bowed and left the room. Top followed her out.

JunHo was still bawling. Top kissed the crown of his head. "Don't worry son, appa won't let anyone else with a needle come near you." he said lightly moving the baby up and down.

~~~~~~

Dara was answering a text from her brother when she heard JunHo cry. She wondered how Top would react afterwards. And she saw him coming out holding the little boy so protectively, she knew that he gave in that moment.

"Don't worry son, appa won't let anyone else with a needle come near you." she heard him say.

"Son? Appa? Wah...a needle near a baby does change someone ." she said with a smile before  taking a picture of 'father and son' with her phone.


 

Hey guys!

I hope you're thinking that the story is not advancing...but it is.

I don't really want to jump on JunHo and Top's story.

Most of the chapters will be during JunHo's first year of life...and a lot will happen. 

But the story won't be to~ long. For now count at least...25 to 30 chapters hopefully.

Thank you to all subscribers, views and comments... me, Top, JunHo and Dara are loving it!!

Komawo everyone...

And keep on reading!