Chapter 19

Daddy?

It was now half past midnight and there were still no news. Se7en, Dara and Yongbae were still waiting. Finally, after a long wait, the doctor met them.

"Are you here for Mr Choi?“ he asked.

“Yes, what happened? Is it dangerous? Is his life at risk?“ Dara asked worried.

"Well, for now, his condition is stable. But If you waited a little more, I’m afraid he wouldn’t make it . " the doctor told them

"Ah, it’s all my fault. I shouldn’t have pushed him into joining the challenge.  I’m so not going to serve spicy chicken again in the restaurant." Se7en said with tears streaming down his eyes. If something bad happened to his favourite dongsaeng Top, he would never forgive himself.

"Songsaenim, what triggered the food poisoning?“ Taeyang asked the doctor.

"Well, it wasn’t really food poisoning. Do you know of any type of sauce or vegetable that Mr Choi doesn’t eat?“

Taeyang and Dara tried to remember from previous meals things that Seunghyun disliked. Yongbae remembered that during the time they were living together, Top always picked the peppers from the pizza saying that those vegetables  ‘did funky things to his body‘ and Dara knew that he refused to buy red bell peppers from the supermarket.

"Red bell peppers“ they said at the same time.

"Oppa always says he doesn’t eat them. Why didn’t I noticed when Se7en oppa said there were red bell peppers in the chicken. I should’ve warned him. This is all my fault. I was there and I didn’t stop him.“ It was now Dara’s turn to start crying. Taeyang put his arm around her shoulder to confort her.

"Well, we did find a bit of it in his digestive system. From our analysis, what happened was that Mr Choi started eating the chicken and slowly, the  allergic effect that the peppers have on his organism started appering. Meaning that his tongue began to swell and that made it hard for him to breathe. Plus, the spicyness of the chicken made it worse since it increased the pain in the mouth. We had some trouble finding the right antibiotic to inject him to stop the allergic reaction. But Thank God, we found it on time. And afterwards, we had to make a small cyrugical procedure in order to reduce size of the tongue. But no worries, it will have no side effects. He can go back to his normal life when he leaves. I know he is a singer.“ The doctor explained.

"And how is he now?“ Taeyang asked.

"He is now sleeping. He will wake up soon. He might have a difficulty to speak but he will be fine afterwards. If one of you wishes to visit him you can go. It’s room 114.“ The doctor said looking at his chart.

"Can I go in first?“ Dara asked looking at the other men.

They both nodded and she made her way to the room. When she walked in she found a sleeping Top. No, to her, whenerver he was with her he was Choi Seunghyun. The nice and friendly boy who was her best friend during middle and high school. And now not so chubby. She held his and and sat on the chair next to the bed. She could still fell the tears rolling downher face. Just to think that he was in danger a few hours ago made her cry even more.

"Oppa, what would happen if you really died? Who would take care of Nuneo? It’s all my fault. Without knowing, I put you in danger when I agreed to go on this date. I should’ve said no.“ She said looking down and talking to a slepping Top.

"Well, do you regret saying yes?“

" No, I don’t but what if- « 

Dara frowned when she noticed that someone had asked her that question. She looked up and found Seunghyun looking at her.

"Oppa, you’re awake! Are you ok?“ she asked holding firmly Seunghyun’s hand.

Top opened his mouth to answer but nothing came out. He had already used a bit too much effort to ask her the previous question.

"Wait, don’t answer that. The doctor said it might be hard for you to talk right now. But it will be fine later.“ Dara explained him.

Top nodded. He looked sideways searching for something. When he couldn’t find it, he motion Dara for it: paper and pen. Dara searched in her pockets for a piece of paper and she found a small one with Junho’s grocery list. She gave it to Top along with a pen that was in one of the drawers.

Top scribbled something and handed it to her.

'Were you worried?'  She read out loud.

"Of course I was!“ she answered him.

Top retrieved the paper and scribbled something again.

'Mianhae' She read again. Dara sighed.

"For what?“

Once again Top wrote.

'For making you worry. You’re supposed to be Junho’s nanny not mine.'

Dara chuckled. She gathered up all of her courage and decided to run her hand through Seunghyun’s brown hair. Something she had never attempted doing before. Not even back when they were really close. She smiled at him when she saw him close his eyes.

"No worries.“ She said.

Top was once again going to write down something but noticed he was out of space so he decided to write it on his own hand.

'Na chuahae?'  She read.

Dara didn’t know how to answer that. He should define 'like'.

"Of course I do oppa. Why wouldn’t I?“ she answered trying not to betray her own feelings.

Top rolled his eyes and shook his head before rewriting in his hand.

'No, not as friends. Dou you feel love towards me?' He showed her his hand again.

Now Dara really didn’t know how to answer. She did like him that way, but should she tell him? Seunghyun was still waiting for an answer and was staring intensely at her . She shuffled in her chair looking down. There were still a few seconds of silence when she was deliberating  her answer. She felt her hand being squeezed by Top who was now impatient. Dara sighed and nodded.

"I- I do like you that way. I have feelings for you. Happy?” she said feeling the heat rise to her cheeks.

Top wrote on his hand again. He lifted Dara’s chin up and she met his gaze. And he did next was unexpected from her side. He quickly pecked her on the lips and smiled. Then he showed her his hand.

Na do chuahae. 


Hey!!

Just saying taht all that medical mumble jumble I wrote up there was completly invented...I know squad about it...don't even know if its right.

Enjoy!!!