Chapter 51

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was too immersed in checking the paternal dress on the mannequin and she admired the simple design on the cloth. Because she was too focused admiring on something, she didn’t realize that someone had stood next to her.

“Ops, sorry…”

Dara quickly said her sorry when she crashed on the other person but her eyes never left the mannequin and the knee-long jacket.

“If you like that dress too much then buy it. Go get the dress or even the mannequin, I don’t care.”

Dara was choked when she heard the same familiar voice and thus she turned to meet the man.

“What are you doing here?” Dara asked Jiyong.

“Well… shopping? Last minute shopping even? We’re celebrating Chuseok within two days and I haven’t prepared anything to celebrate it. Besides, I did plan on giving gifts to my in-laws at hometown. So, may I join you, my beautiful spouse?”

Dara didn’t bother to answer because she was awestruck by Jiyong simple dress up. Her husband didn’t possess any aura of the CEO in the company with his plain shirt and denim along with baseball cap on his head.

“Hey Ji, since when you’re here? How can you know both of us shopping in COEX?’ greeted TOP from behind.

Jiyong grinned at his best friend and showed his perfect white teeth.

“Dara, I thought there is another man was flirting with you and when I look closer… Ah, it’s Ji! You look different, Ji… You look younger and single and I bet if you go flirting around, a few ladies will beg you to take them. If you bring Ji Hyun along, other people will think that she’s your younger sister not your daughter! Right, Top?”

Dara pouted when she heard Bom praising on her husband’s appearance. Jiyong winked at Bom while TOP simply smiles as he knew both his best friend and his wife were plotting new drama here.

“Oh, Top! Look at the three ladies there. I’m very aware that they had their eyes on Ji since he arrived here. Your fame will be at the peak when you start to be single again, Ji!” Dara frowned at Bom words.

“Yes, Dara.  Don’t show me your sour face! You stay there, relax yourself. Allow Ji to find a new spouse for him first and your turn will be after you give birth later. Maybe you will find anyone…”

Jiyong glare on his wife who had flamed in red and Bom simply never care about it.

“Tabi, let’s take a look at baby stuff there!” Bom practically dragged TOP to join her to the other section, not bothering to take a look on Dara expression changed.

When the married couple left, Dara waked from one isle to another as she tried her best to cool down her temper at Bom words.

“Baby…you don’t have to feel hurt with a Bom’s words and it’s not like you don’t know her. She always outburst her thought without thinking first. Are you searching for babies’ cloth, hmm?”

Dara put on halt her moving.

“Why did your dresses up like this? What? Excited too much to be single again?”

Jiyong almost burst into laughter but he had to hold back in as he didn’t want his wife to be mad at him again. Secretly, Jiyong was congratulating himself mentally. Dara jealousy was a positive sign in their relationship.

“Dara, no matter how handsome I am, you’re still my number one in my heart,” Jiyong shamelessly confessed, tapping on Dara nose before Dara could yanked away Jiyong hand from touching her.

“Baby… you’re not buying anything… yet?” Dara didn’t say anything but simply pointed her finger towards TOP direction that happened had walked to the Kwon’s couple.

“Why? What’s wrong with TOP?” Jiyong asked, didn’t get with what Dara tried to point out. “You mean…” Jiyong couldn’t finish his lines because TOP had interrupted their conversation.

“Yes, Kwon Jiyong ssi. On my right hand are my wife’s shopping bags and surprisingly on my left are your wife’s shopping bags. With honor on my behalf, take all these because my limbs are sore now.”

Dara and Bom laughed at their own husband antics and the two best friends continued with their shopping spree while their husbands, both TOP and Jiyong loyally followed around with more shopping bags in their hands.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was in the middle of midnight and the mansion was usually quiet, like tonight, as the people who are living in the luxurious mansion had drifted into their deep slumber. Everyone was sleeping except for Dara. She has been turning from left to right, uncomfortable. Maybe she had pushed her limits when she did shopping before or maybe she wasn’t sure with her decision to leave her husband tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the day that she had been waiting for so long yet she wasn’t happy. She had build up her new determination this morning to start a new life but tonight she felt helpless, her heart was aching in vain, she wanted to shout out loud or to cry even.

While Dara was debated with her inner self, she heard the door creaked opened and Dara abruptly closed her eyes and turned to her right, facing the window.

Jiyong approached his wife and took an empty space next to Dara. He caressed on Dara silky hair and he knew his wife wasn’t asleep yet. He lied himself down next to his wife and had his muscular arms securely hugged his wife’s waist, protectively.

“Let me sleep with you tonight before you walked out from my life. Dara… what’s the meaning of my life if you choose to leave me. I will miss you so much… miss our Ji Hyunnie… our boys…”

Dara could feel Jiyong warm hand was caressing on her protruding belly with their boys kicking lightly inside.

“Sleep tight, Dara baby… I love you…”

Jiyong closed his eyes and a tear finally slipped from his b wet eyes and Dara had wiped away the streaming tears on his face. She grabbed her husband’s hand in her, their fingers intertwined with each other and finally Dara was drifting into her colorful dreams in her husband’s embrace. If their hearts assured that together is the rightful choice, their loves confirmed the blooming feeling, and then what is the need of this separation?

Dara phone ringing awaking Jiyong from his sleep and when his sight fall on his wife’s sleeping figure, Jiyong dismissed the idea to wake up his wife. He slowly made his move away from Dara and hurriedly got the phone on the make-up table and answered the call.

“Hello… yes, TOP?”

“Oh, really? Okay… Okay… I’ll inform Dara later. Don’t worry too much, your Bom and your unborn will be fine. Yes, bye…”

Jiyong threw his gaze on Dara on his side and had his lips on Dara jaw, trailing kissing his wife.

“Dara, baby… wakes up…” Jiyong tried to wake up his wife even he has no guts to do so, but TOP sounds panic on the other line before.

Dara opened her eyes a bit before closed it again. His wife wasn’t fully waking up and conscious enough.

“I don’t want to drink that milk, Jiyongie… I want kimbap…”

A warm feeling crept into Jiyong chest straight into his heart when he heard Dara addressed him as his ‘Jiyongie’ though he knew Dara was actually sleep-talking. If Dara was fully wide awake, there’s no hope his wife will address him with that pet name. He bets his fortune for that.

“Do you really want to eat kimbap that much, huh? Come on, Dara… wake up…”

Dara finally opened her eyes widely and pushed herself up from her lying position and now sitting while leaning to the headrest of the bed.

“What’s wrong?” Dara asked.

Jiyong smiles subconsciously seeing the pout on Dara face, probably sulking for disturbing her sleep.

“TOP called just now. He told me that Bom was in labor room and I planned to visit them.”

Dara was beyond surprise at the current news she received.

“She said she will not due until next week? She’s was that stubborn for walking around too much this afternoon. Served her right! I’ll get ready. Wait up.”

Dara got off from the bed and when she wanted to wal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter