Chapter 44

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Almost 4 months Dara has left behind her daughter, also Jiyong in the mansion. It was the same period of time that Ji Hyun keep throwing her tantrum; missing her dear mother. Truth to be told, not only Ji Hyun was affected by Dara leaving, Jiyong too. The big mansion among the housing estate, the Kwon’s mansion has lost its color of happiness of a family upon Dara decision to leave.

Dara appearance in like a shadow form, sometimes like seeing Dara glimpse in the mansion was what keep Jiyong drown in his delusion imagination. He gave nothing but pain to Dara when she stayed with him; he admitted his mistakes of that. Giving up, is what he has intended to do but Ji Hyun turned his plan at all cost. Ji Hyun is the only gift Dara left for him.

Days, weeks, months, he felt empty.

When the darkness sipped in, only the dress that Dara left was being hugged by the father and daughter to feel that Dara was presence between both of them. Like Dara was never leaving both of them, like Dara was still on the same bed, cuddling with him.

His plea for Dara return never heard by anyone especially Dara. His longing, his regrets… What’s left is to pray for Dara safety on his behalf; that’s what Jiyong did, everyday.

Jiyong was too immersed in his short memory with Dara when he heard his daughter was crying in mess. He quickly took his steps to downstairs to take care of his beloved daughter.

“Ji Hyunnie…? Aigoo… why’ve you crying, hmm?” Jiyong was taking Ji Hyun from Lady Kwon and brought his little daughter out of the mansion. It was stuffy inside though it’s empty. Ji Hyun might felt the same thing as him, Jiyong thought so. Unlike other weekend, there was no Dara to suggest him to bring them to the nearby park and let Ji Hyun walking around with her unstable steps while breathing in unpolluted air.

They’ll laugh together when they caught Ji Hyun mischief. Later, Dara will buy a cone of ice-cream and they’ll share the same cone with three of them. Dara will help Ji Hyun to taste the ice-cream and sometimes she even treated Jiyong like their little Ji Hyun. Jiyong never felt the bliss of happiness but that. But his ego won over his sanity; he just lost his precious person in his life – his wife.

The car engine sounds had stopped Jiyong from trailing back to his past memory he shared with his little family. He eyed for every corner around the garden to search for his little Ji Hyun. His worry face faded almost instantly when he found that Ji Hyun has drenched wet as she was too happy playing at the fish pond.

Jiyong questioned his self why he didn’t notice Ji Hyun has reached the pond. Dara was right he was careless in taking care of Ji Hyun. He walked to his daughter and tickles her for being naughty and showered her with kisses at the same time.

“You had fever, Ji Hyunnie… You’ll catch cold again later…”

Jiyong took Ji Hyun in his arms and continued tickling her. Ji Hyun giggled and whined cutely so that her father will stop ticking her. But Jiyong didn’t stop and pampered her more with his love. Ji Hyun was his strength when he had found none reason to stay survive.

“Hi, Ji!” Jiyong met with Chaerin at the doorframe of the mansion. Jiyong bet the car engine he hard before was indeed from Lee’s.

Without greeted Chaerin back, he aimlessly went inside of the mansion and saw Chaerin parents were having a talk with his parents in the living room. Jiyong asked a maid to help him changing Ji Hyun wet dress and when the maid left to Ji Hyun nursery Jiyong settled back to the living room and greeted with Chaerin parents.

“You look thin, Ji… and miserable too. I’m here because your Mummy said that Ji Hyun hasn’t getting better from her cold flu. It’s worry-sick. Ji Hyun really needs a mom for her, Jiyong. Don’t be selfish and just marry another one soon. Besides, just forget the argument between you and Chaerin, Let bygone is gone, and now you started a new with Chaerin. Chaerin has changed a lot and why don’t both of you get back together as before?”

Jiyong glared at his Aunty, sharply. Chaerin who was sitting next to her mother has lowering down her head, flushing in her shyness.

“I do admit Ji Hyun need a mother for her, Aunty.” Both Chaerin and her mother had curved smiles on their faces.

“But, the meaning of mother here is Dara and I really want to build a new life… unfortunately not with Chaerin. I just want to start again with Dara. If it was really fated that I and Dara had to live like this, let it be. I’ll accept whatever thing as long as Dara still legally bonded.” said Jiyong with further explanation.

Lady Kwon who was sitting next to Jiyong patted softly his son on the shoulder, giving him more strength to face this life test.

Chaerin along with her mother was turning upset and makes a sour expression upon listening to Jiyong words. Chaerin father chose to silent up as he has no words to say more. Jiyong has put everything on his decision to consider with. The others should respect him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter