Chapter 45

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The gorgeously big mansion of the Kwon’s was oddly in silence. Seemingly like no one was at home judging by the only dimly light at the parking porch.

 

“It’s only 10pm. How impossible they’re already asleep at this early hour? All lights were off but on the second storey and at the porch.” Bom said after judging the situation by her own eyes. Dara followed suit, and she found truth at each of Bom words.

“Bommie-babe, it’s only you who always sleep late almost midnight.” TOP teased his wife which later earn a vividly smile from Dara upon seeing the scene.

The doorbell was pressed on alerting the landlord the arrival of guests outside. Dara was still sitting uncertain in TOP car, doubting with her decision. Frankly speaking, she wasn’t ready to step in the mansion again but at the thought of her daughter, Ji Hyun, she disarmed her selfishness conscience.

From where she was sitting; inside of TOP car, Dara could see a familiar silhouette of Jiyong dashed out from his bedroom to the balcony as to see who was visiting his family. When her gaze landed on Jiyong, Dara has this urge to run away, far, from where she was now. Again, expecting Ji Hyun presence was what she was hold now, telling her heart that everything all she did now, all, Ji Hyun sake.

Lights were switched on all over around the mansion a moment later. A virtue of solemn and witchy dark mansion turned to brighter, more welcoming the guests. A second soon, the gate was opened automatically and Jiyong appeared with Ji Hyun in his arms, crying in mess still.

“I don’t expect you to come!”

Jiyong hugged TOP, personally welcoming the man and threw a smile on Bom, rejecting the idea to hug TOP wife who was heavily pregnant.

“Aww, why Ji Hyunnie?” Bom cooed at still weeping Ji Hyun in Jiyong arms. Bom tried to take Ji Hyun from Jiyong but the little girl buried deeper on her father’s chest, drenching Jiyong shirt with her tears at the same time.

“I don’t know Bom. Ever since we admitted out from the hospital, Ji Hyunnie hasn’t stop crying.”

“Did her fever still high?” TOP asked, worrying too.

Jiyong kissed away the streaming tears down on his daughter’s cheeks. “Lesser. She’s just crying, uncomfortable maybe? Or I just spoilt her too much? Come in both of you…” invited Jiyong to his friends. Jiyong was still unaware at Dara presence in TOP car.

“Ji Hyunnie… isn’t you missing Dara Umma? You want to meet Dara Umma, don’t you?” Bom asked at the little girl who was squirming and cuddled closer with her father.

Jiyong abruptly stopped his steps upon listening to Bom words.

“Ji Hyunnie really missed her Dara Umma until she falls sick. If this continues to happen, Aunty will consider bringing her to meet Dara,” said Lady Kwon who appeared out of nowhere but now standing at the main door of the mansion.

“Please come in Bom, Top” invited Lady Kwon to the guests that happen to be her son’s friends.

Bom shared a glance with her husband, TOP before she threw a gaze to the car that parked outside of the mansion.

“Ji Hyunnie…”

Jiyong who almost stepped into the mansion escorting after the married couple turned behind, to where the voice came from. Maybe he was dreaming but he was sure, absolutely recognized Dara voice. How can he ever forget Dara melodious voice? The very same voice that has been haunted his nights, reminiscing his failure at his responsibility. It wasn’t just Kwon Ji Hyun who was sickly longing over Dara presence, Jiyong did too. His longing, the separation. Regret.

Jiyong still couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw Dara was standing near the gate. Ignoring everything, he ran with Ji Hyun still in his arms towards unmoved Dara from his spot. Uncertain. Unwelcomed. Undecided.

“Ji Hyunnie… Umma’s home…” Jiyong was enthusiastic at Dara presence.

Dara couldn’t hold back her tears when Ji Hyun in Jiyong arms stretched out her little hands towards Dara while calling her with ‘Ma’, still baby talk. It was her first time she heard Ji Hyun addressed her as Umma, wasn’t sure of her very first word.

Without Jiyong able to pass Ji Hyun to Dara, his legal wife has closed the gaps between them and hugged Ji Hyun tightly. Jiyong could feel Dara warmness; proofing Dara existence was all real. Dara body was almost glued on his that he could feel a slight movement from Dara stomach, from their unborn. “Appa missed you, too…” Jiyong rubbed slowly on Dara baby bump. Love.

“Umma missed you, Ji Hyunnie. I missed you so much,” Dara confessed her undying longing towards her daughter in between her sobs.

The tighter Dara hugged her daughter that her hands and Jiyong were touched. Unplanned. Jiyong couldn’t content his feeling any longer yet he hugged Dara and placed a few kisses on his wife’s forehead. Welcoming his beloved wife to their home.

Lady Kwon was drenching with tears, so do the unstable hormonal like Bom. Mr. Kwon along with TOP just threw a simple smile at the reunion. Anyone who was happened to witness the union and reunion put on faith that one day the brighter future will eventually come with no pain. No more.

+++

Ji Hyun has long been sleeping in Dara lap with her occasionally caressed on her daughter’s silky straight hair. Sometimes Jiyong could see Dara has been changing her position frequently to seek a comfortable. Maybe because of Dara has been sitting way too longer on the couch with Ji Hyun in her lap. Discomfort.

Based on Dara protruding belly, Jiyong could see that Dara was like heavily pregnant, too. If he wasn’t wrong with his calculation, Dara was in her fifth month. Sometimes, Dara rubbed on her side, then she shifting her position. Her pregnancy and Ji Hyun weight weren’t a good combination for her, for now.

“Dara, I’ll put Ji Hyunnie in her baby cot, okay?”

Dara didn’t reply him and stay in silence. Getting no response from Dara, Jiyong decided on taking Ji Hyun from his wife’s lap and brough

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter