Chapter 40

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was dark outside the mansion, telling it’s going to rain within moments. Jiyong could hear his daughter was crying at the living room. Exactly at 2.00 pm, he’ll go and bang the church, changing his vows with Han Chaerin.

His heart told him to stop this ridiculous idea, stop this marriage even. His Daddy was right. Though Dara had walked away far within his reached, his heart was far from happiness. His Daddy… His Mummy… no one greeted him and congratulates for his new marriage soon.

Jiyong heard someone’s voice from outside, greeted anyone’s in the mansion. Jiyong took a look from his balcony and surprised to see Sang Hyun, his brother-in-law along with Bom and Top. Sang Hyun was discussing something serious with Appa. To add another suspicious bad news, Bom was crying helplessly in TOP embrace. Something went wrong. Jiyong quickly ran downstairs.

Before Jiyong could reach downstairs, TOP luxurious car left the Kwon mansion. The famous Kwon Sung Ho was crying at the doorframe, meanwhile Lady Kwon was approaching her husband with Ji hyun in her arm.

“Why, Oppa?” asked Lady Kwon, not expecting the worst scenario after Dara leaving.

“Dara…, Young Hee… Dara… left us…” told Kwon Sung Ho in between his sobs.

Listening to her husband’s words, her world crumpled down. Her legs couldn’t bear enough her weight and later she collapsed next to her husband. Ji Hyun in her arm also crying, like know the meaning her mother’s leaving.

Jiyong was speechless.

“What’s wrong with Dara, Oppa? What happened to her?” asked Lady Kwon, couldn’t control her sobs.

“Sang Hyun came and told me that Dara met him before. Dara told him that she’ll leave to somewhere…faraway… She left a letter for Sang Hyun and he could only read the letter when Dara left. Sang Hyun read the letter as soon as Dara was gone and found that Dara was actually suffering from brain tumor and her tumor almost reached its final stage. Sang Hyun along with TOP and Bom went to the hospital Dara had monthly check-up and they confirmed it. And supposedly, Dara had to have her operation today… but she didn’t come… If Dara didn’t do the operation to remove her tumor, she’ll die. But, the problem is… no one knew where she is. She didn’t pick up her call either…” said Mr. Kwon who even ignored Jiyong who was kneeling on the cold floor upon hearing the bad news regarding Dara.

“So, where will they find Dara?” asked Lady Kwon with her hoarse voice.

“Sang Hyun said, Dara ever told him that she wanted to meet Ji Hun.”

The louder Lady Kwon wailing can be heard. “It’s was my fault, Oppa… My fault… if I’m not giving up telling Dara to stay, this thing will never happen!”

Jiyong was lost for his words. He was the worst. Now he knew it. He knew his faults when everything was too late to be fixed. Dara was trying her best to be the perfect wife for him but he was too blinded and judged everything without conscience. With the remaining strength in him, Jiyong took his car key and run to outside of the mansion. As soon as he was about to enter the car, Mr. Kwon stopped him.

“Where are you going to go, Jiyong? There is no need to look for Dara. Go change your clothes and go bang the church. Don’t worry about Dara. She was fine without you. I’ll wrap Dara corpse and give it to you on congratulation for your marriage. That’s what you want, right? If you really want to look for Dara, ignore it. Maybe at this time she was dead. Just go inside, Jiyong and get ready for the reception to start. That day you said you will never care even she has tumor, cancer or any fatal disease, and now be it. Act like you never care!”

Jiyong was shamelessly grabbed on his Daddy’s legs, seeking for another mercy, for forgiveness even.

“I’m sorry, Appa… I’m sorry… It’s my fault… I didn’t listen to you… I love Dara, Appa… I love her… I want to meet her… Please let me see her, Appa… let me…” plead Jiyong while crying still grabbing Mr. Kwon legs.

“I am no one to say either your sorry was accepted or not, Jiyong. It’s Dara,” said Mr. Kwon. And later the weather turned cold as the rain was heavily pouring down, crying over the fate of one’s unfortunate.

+++

Dara was walking like a living corpse when she passed by a few of graves around her. From a far she could see a grave she seeks for. Ji Hun.

“Ji Hunnie… Omma coming to you…” said Dara while kneeling in front of Ji Hun grave. The memories between her and her son were shared. They just shared a few memories before her son was long gone. Recalling her son was like Ji Hun was actually still alive. Ji Hun will never alone after this.

“I’ll come with you after this. Wait for me…” Dara said while caressing the tombstone.

Dara was crying in mess with her tears. Her breath was shortening and the weather was worsening. Her eyes couldn’t see things surround her properly. She leaned on Ji Hun tombstone for support.

Dara was really losing all her energy left. She couldn’t stand and she was drenched in wet. Her lips were trembling in cold. It was like her death was nearing closer. If her wish to die in her husband’s embrace was something she couldn’t get, then let her die near to her son instead.

From a far, she could hear someone’s was calling for her name. The closer the voice, the louder she heard. But she couldn’t reply even more to open her eyes.

“Dara noona!!!” shouted Sang Hyun. TOP and Bom were tailing after Sang Hyun approaching Dara.

Sang Hyun was holding Dara weak body in his strong arms. He didn’t care the harsh weather even the darkness in the graveyard.

“Dara! How could you do not tell me, Dara? Why Dara?” asked Bom while caressing Dara pale face. Blood started to pour out from Dara lips. Bom tried to stop the bleeding but it wasn’t succeeding.

“Bom… Mom… Mom...” said Dara, slowly.

“We go to hospital first, okay? Then, I’ll bring your mom. I promise you,” replied Bom.

Dara try to open her eyes but later she collapsed in the arm whose hold her.

“Dara… Dara…”

Bom was shaking Dara body but come no respond from Dara. The blood didn’t stop from sipping out from Dara mouth and now even her nose was bleeding.

“Dara noona was gone!” shouted Sang Hyun couldn’t hold back his patience.

Jiyong who just appeared was speechless when he saw Dara lifeless body. He was crying again. The pain of being left behind was unbearable.

“Dara… I’m sorry… I’m sorry…”

TOP who appeared to be conscious with what had happened checked on Dara pulse.

“Sang Hyun, help me carry Dara. Her pulse was still beating weakly. Faster, Sang Hyun! She’s dying!” shouted TOP.

Before Sang Hyun could move Jiyong was faster enough to run close to Dara and carry Dara body in bridal style.

“Move, TOP! My car!”

TOP was in guilt.

“Move TOP! Move! My

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter