Chapter 24

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So, how about my condition, doctor?" asked Dara. She couldn't wait to know her X-ray result that she just did an hour ago. Remember Dara's headache and she even fainted before and now yes, she has decide to have a medical check-up after her headache didn't reduce even a bit and she always has the feeling to faint after has been standing for a long time.

"I hope you could calm down before I tell you the result..." said Dr. Kim soothly.

 Dara took a deep breath as her own way to find her courage and strength left in her soul.

"Mrs. Park, based on the check-up, we found that there is tumor presence in your brain. So, this is the main reason why you always suffered the headache and throbbing pain from your head but you don't have to worry much since this tumor is still in an early stage and if you agreed to do the surgery to remove the tumor as soon as possible, the pain will fade away."

Dara has been in her silent for a while since she doesn't know how to respond with the current news she just received. She sighed and took a look at the doctor.

"How much do I need to pay for the surgery?"

"Ermmm.... 14 million won."

Dara's face expression changed as the price mentioned by the doctor. She stared at the doctor deep into her eyes and finally she sighed again.

"Thanks, doctor!" That's the only words that Dara could speak as for now before she left the room.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"I am diasgree and oppose with your idea to return back to Jiyong!" shouted Bom and snapped Dara to reality.

Dara was still massaging her throbbing head while having a lunch with her best friend at Namsan Tower, the nearest place to have a lunch from TOP's firm.

"Please Bom, please understand me... For the sake of Ji Hyun. I really hope that you'll understand...." said Dara while keep massaging her neck to reduce the pain that keep attacking her. 

"Okey, let's turn this story to other way round. Let's say Jiyong was not admitted into that accident and that will 100% sure he will never need you and Ji Hyun in his life and absolutely you and Ji Hyun will have a normal life as usual. So, what's the difference now? What had made you think that he will totally change? You are so confident, Dara.... Are you not having enough of his cursing and insulting before this? I don't understand your stand and thinking, Dara. I really don't understand you at all," boiled Bom in anger with Dara decisions to return back to Jiyong, her husband.

"Bom..., but I have no choice..." sobbed Dara.

"Who the hell force you to decide that kind of way? WHO? If all this put on decide just because of Ji Hyun, then divorce Jiyong and marry other guy. Youngbae Oppa has waiting for you since forever, Dara! He has been waiting for you since we stepped our foot in UK, remember?" 

Dara didn't know what else she needs to say more. She almost burst into laughing when she heard the Dong Youngbae has something string up with her. Yes, it's true that Dara and Youngbae Oppa are quite close since they met in PB Tuition Center and it just a coincidence that Youngbae Oppa was sending his niece there, too.

"But, the love of her biological father is far to compare with and I have give up finding anyone else to be my spouse, Bom..." weakly, Dara said.

"Give up you said? How about Jiyong then? Why didn't you give up on him, Dara? Tell me the truth Dara, what is your problem until you are desperately to come out with this silly idea?" Bom wasn't satisfied with Dara's ridiculous reasons.

"Maybe according to you it may look silly but to me, everything is acceptable for Ji Hyun's sake." Dara came out with her own decision.

"It's up to you, Dara.... This is your path that you chose and I don't have any rights to argue more. I have something more important to handle rather than keep busy to listen to your problems. Excuse me..."

Bom got off from her seat with her sour expression and left the restaurant without any seconds to look back at behind, look at Dara. Dara just could send the leaving steps of her best friend by her eyes, only.

"I'm sorry Bom, I don't have any guts to explain everything to you. You have helped me a lot along with TOP's kindness to me and Ji Hyun too... I don't want to be your burden anymore... This is your time to feel the beauty of living as a husband and wife with no one to interrupt. Bom, I'm still adore you as my friend, I love you..." 

Tonight is another cold night of autumn and Dara was still standing while facing the stars that are shining above the sky. She smiles. She had promised herself that she was not going to tell anyone about her sickness and she doesn't want to receive any help from anyone. If that's the fate that had written for her, she has to put a lot of patience with it. Well, at least after she has died in the future, Ji Hyun still has her own father to look after her. She knew Jiyong and his family was sincere to beg an apology from her, so Ji Hyun totally will receive the love from everyone inside of the Kwon mansion. 

Dara was packing her things and stuffed everything inside of her luggage. The big mansion was full with serenity and gloomy, tonight. Bom hasn't return since this evening. Dara bet that Bom has stayed over in TOP's apartment instead.

"Bom, if only you know what had happened to me........." Dara couldn't finish her words.

Finally, she was lying on the bed and closed her eyes. A few drops of tears streaming down her cheeks at the same time.

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Dara has arrived at in front of the big mansion by taking a cab to reach there. The house which never change from the first time she saw it. The house looked dull even today is Sunday. Isn't Sunday supposed to be a happy day to spend with the family? It seems like her father-in-law is currently not at home as she found only Jiyong's cars in the garage.

The main gate wasn't locked properly, so Dara continued with her walking while carrying her little Ji Hyun in her arms and her other hand was pulling her luggage.Shakingly, she knocked the main door. Her heart beats fast as she was afraid the same thing may happen again and again. Later, the main door was finally unlocked and revealed Maid Seo's face turn to pale. Maybe the maid was still afraid that Dara's presence will cause her more trouble. Ah, Maid Seo and Maid Kang never know that Lady Kwon has changed.

Lady Kwon was walking fast to the main door to welcome her guest and Chaerin and her family is the least person she expected to come. The last time she met with the family was when she was still in the hospital and since Jiyong has been discharged from the hospital, never once they pay a visit.

"Who is my guests to come at this early morni....ng" and Lady Kwon was mesmerized by the surprise.

"Lady Kwon...."

Maid Seo was worried to see the changes in Lady Kwon, her employer. She scared that Lady Kwon will scold Dara but the next scene is Lady Kwon was running towards Dara and Ji Hyun and brought them into her warm embrace.

Ji Hyun who was in between Dara and Lady Kwon has started to cry, angrily. Lady Kwon scooped Ji Hyun into her arms and kissed the chubby cheeks a few time and later the little Ji Hyun laughed again.

This is the best moment happened in Lady Kwon's life, the return of her daughter-in-law along with her granchild, Ji Hyun. At last, Dara's heart has been opened a little bit to accept Kwon as her family, too.

"Come on in, Dara... I was busy cooking chicken soup for Jiyong," said Lady Kwon, friendly and grabbed Dara's arm to follow her.

"Maid Seo, please bring in Dara's luggage to her room. Why the hell you have to stand there? I'm hiring you as a maid not as a security guard..." complained Lady Kwon toward her maid who happen didn't move from the doorframe. Who to blame when the scene in front of Maid Seo is seems rolling like a dream, like a movie instead.

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Someone has annoyed Jiyong with his fake sleep when the door has been of his bedroom has been knocked by someone repeatedly for more than 5 minutes now. It seems the person has no intention to stop knocking the door.

" OFF!" shouted Jiyong, loudly.

The knocking sounds finally stopped and Jiyong closed his eyes again. But, as he was about to close his eyes, the sound of the door has been unlocked from the outside heard.

"STOP DISTURBING ME! I WANT TO SLEEP! GET OUT! OFF!" shouted Jiyong again and louder this time. He pulled the thick blanket to cover his whole body including his face.

Dara quickly pulled Lady Kwon's hand to stop her from entering Jiyong's bedroom. Dara passed Ji Hyun to Lady Kwon and took a bowl of chicken soup instead. She whispered softly to Lady Kwon to leave the bedroom while she took care of this situation.

Dara couldn't stay calm any longer when Jiyong has been drifter too farther away from reality and too mesmerized with his fake dreams. Dara had calculated that she couldn't survive forever since she was diagnosed with brain tumor. The most important thing to do now is her Ji Hyun needs a love from her own father to cover back the absence of her lat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter