Chapter 49

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It almost to 10 pm when Kwon’s mansion landline was ringing. Dara who happened to stay still in the living room next to the landline with her daughter picked up the call instead.

Every night it always Dara, Ji Hyun and a few maids stayed in the house. Jiyong as usual, had a meeting with his clients meanwhile her parents-in-law, both of them were busy attending parties of their friends.

“Hello,” Dara greeted whoever on the line with her.

After words changing between persons on the other line, Dara face scrunched up and she frowned at the news she just received. Anyone could tell it was not a good news at all.

”I’ll forward the news to them.”

When the line has ended, Dara stared blankly at the landline. The frowned never left her after the call.

“Who’s were calling, Dara?” Lady Kwon entered first followed by her husband. She rushed to her granddaughter and cooed her. A second later Jiyong arrived at the mansion but walked straight to the kitchen to soothe down his thirsty.

“Mummy, Daddy… Chaerin’s father called just now. He said… Chaerin was admitted into a hospital… She…” Dara couldn’t continue her sentence as she was distracted by Ji Hyun who had walked away from the living room to the kitchen. Dara wanted to grab her daughter before she played with anything harmful in the kitchen but eventually stopped midway when she saw Jiyong had stepped out from the pace she headed before with Ji Hyun in his one harm and another one carried a bottle of isotonic drink with him.

“Why Chaerin is in the hospital?” Lady Kwon asked, curiously.

“What Mummy? Chaerin is in the hospital? Why? When?” asked Jiyong regarding the sudden news.

Somehow, her jealousy was roaring within Dara at the moment Jiyong seemingly worrying about Chaerin when she mentioned Chaerin was admitted into the hospital without knowingly the reason behind of it. Yes. Jealousy spells love. Dara was the one who wants to forget about the love for her husband and why she should have this tinge of jealousy? Jiyong only asked a few question yet Dara judged him on everything.

“What did they said about Chaerin, Dara?” asked Mr. Kwon this time. He were feeling curious.

“Miscarriage.” Both her parents-in-law gasped at one word Dara said and Jiyong on the other hand looked oddly calm and gulped down his drink.

“How can this happen to Chaerin? How can she turn like this?” Mr. Kwon shook his head at the unbelievable news. Dara then walked to the empty spot next to her husband and settled herself down on the couch. She sometimes rubbed the pain on her lower back and seeing Dara discomfort triggered another worry in Jiyong mind. Unknowingly, Jiyong massaged on Dara lower back and this time she let her husband worked magic with his hand on her aching back and yes she didn’t protest at the skin ship.

“Dara, is your lower back hurt so much?” Lady Kwon asked when she saw the young couple before her was soothing the pain away from the pregnant spouse.

Dara simply nodded at the question, has no energy much to put on words.

“When the baby start to grow and it’s not a new thing to have this pain on the lower back and every part of body even start to ache too. Pregnancy is not easy, what’s more in labor. If the husband never value this kind of sacrifice of a wife, do castrate him alive,” commented Lady Kwon again.

“Mummy, why your word seem like directly point on me? Because of my love to Dara, I’m willing to do anything during her pregnancy now.” Jiyong said while his hands still massaged on Dara lower back. Dara didn’t say anything because she was still struggling to withstand with the pain.

“Let’s visit Chaerin. What’ll they say if we, as one of their close family didn’t visit her in the ward?” Mr. Kwon nudged his wife next to him. When he was about to leave the couch his cell phone was ringing indicating he received a call.

“Yes? Lee? I’ll visit later.” Mr. Kwon said to the other person in the line and ended the call after.

“Chaerin lost too much blood they said and still unconscious. Young Hee, let’s go. Jiyong… are you coming?” Mr. Kwon asked his only son who somehow had stopped massaged on Dara lower back.

Dara who has drained out with energy was leaning on Jiyong shoulder while her husband pushing a few strands of hair away from Dara forehead. Dara couldn’t describe her feeling right now. Yes, she did feel like she was being loved by her husband, and during her probation period she gave to her husband, never once Jiyong disappointed her in showing his true and pure love.

“Maybe later? I’ll tuck Ji Hyun in the bed first. Since its emergency case, the hospital will let the guests visit at ungodly hour,” replied Jiyong nonchalantly.

The elder couple of Kwon has left the living room and Ji Hyun was wailing out loud when she saw her grandmother had walked away without bringing her along. Jiyong got off from the couch and scooped up his daughter in his arms, calming her down, wiping her tears away – in his warm embrace.

Ji Hyun was still crying in mess and Dara searched something on her left and right, anything that may distract her daughter from wailing. Only Jiyong empty bottle of his isotonic drink was within her close distant. She shoved her daughter the empty bottle and Ji Hyun abruptly stops crying.

“Where’s the remaining water?” Jiyong asked because he clearly remembered that he didn’t gulped down all the water in the bottle.

“I drink it all.” Dara answered.

“Dara, it is carbonated drink! I told you to hold the bottle while I massaged your lower back,” Jiyong started to feel annoyed with Dara unhealthy diet during her pregnancy.

“Ah, you told me to hold the bottle, only? Well, what’s hurt if I drink the water and for your information, that’s not carbonated drink and it is isotonic. I need to regain back my energy too.”

Jiyong shook his head because his wife’s stubbornness is beyond unbelievable.

“I’ll tuck in Ji Hyunnie to bed first before I left to the hospital. Are you okay staying by yourself while I’m away for a moment?”

Dara had her eyes on her husband, Kwon Jiyong.

“Why can’t you visit her tomorrow morning instead?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter