Chapter 41

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong entered the ward that specially accustomed for Dara. Heartache suffered when he saw those wires attached from Dara soulless body to the machine. He went closer to Dara side for taking a better look of his wife. Pale. That’s what the exact word he could describe Dara as for now.

Dara was look stunning calm though she was in coma. It feels like she was just took her break to sleep. The closed eyes perfectly hidden the sadden truth of her last previous days in life. Jiyong took this time to kiss Dara on her forehead, passionately. Long.

The memories of Dara pleading for second chances, asking for clearing up some misunderstanding always played in his mind. When he announced he will marry Chaerin, Dara glistening eyes hurt him to remember the pain. The warmness of Dara hand that was holding him this morning was long gone.

Dara was cold.

Jiyong never get bored to take a full examined on Dara pale face. His regrets came like thunder. If he has guts, he might have shouted out loud to tell the whole world this is the foulest person in this world. He valued worthless junk of craps than a specimen of carats diamond. He is that stupid. It’s him, Kwon Jiyong.

Before it was him who took away his son’s life, now he might take away Dara. He is that despicable, the heartless.

How can he value something which will be gone, too?

Jiyong took a sit on a recliner next to the bed. Dara fingers intertwined with his. He tried his best to control his feeling, especially the regrets, but still… he lost his pride as a man when he failed to be a perfect man for his own wife.

“Dara… Please don’t leave me… Can you return back to me? Can you give me another chance? Please don’t leave me for the reachable Heaven you’ll walk into. Can you sometimes take a look in the past days? Everyone was waiting for you. They loved you. You are the one they’re waiting for. I’ve waiting for you. You are always the one in my heart. Please…”

Confessing. However like talking to a wall, Jiyong got no reply from Dara. Too tired from crying, Jiyong was asleep, still with their intertwined fingers linking to each other.

A sudden noise from outside of the room was heard which abruptly waking up Jiyong while resting. Jiyong rubbed his face with his palms to get back his conscience and sanity before opened the door to see the situation outside. He was boiling in anger when he saw Chaerin was arguing with the nurses in charge of taking care of Dara.

“I’m sorry, Miss… Only his husband was allowed to enter the ward. Please respect the patient’s condition,” The nurse strictly mentioning back the rule.

“LIKE HELL I CARE! AIN’T THAT DARA IS IN COMA? HOW CAN I DISTURB HER THOUGH I’M SHOUTING OUT LOUD? SEE? HER DIDN’T EVEN WAKE UP!” spat Chaerin, bashful.

Jiyong grabbed Chaerin arm harshly and dragged her along his way. Chaerin loud plea to let her go was ignored by Jiyong and attracted too much attention from anyone in the hospital.

When both Jiyong and Chaerin were already at the outside of the hospital, Jiyong was letting go of Chaerin arm. Chaerin eyes went widen while glaring at Jiyong while rubbing her painful arm.

“WHAT THE HELL JIYONG? ARE YOU INSANE? HOW DARE YOU TREAT ME LIKE A TRASH? YOU DIDN’T COME TO THE CHURCH FOR OUR WEDDING! YOU DIDN’T!” Chaerin was in her anger, boiling.

Jiyong face reddened, controlling his anger from exploding at Chaerin rudeness.

“You listen me well, Chaerin! My wife is dying inside there and you are in no space to talk about this delusion marriage, understand? Where’s your humanity go?” scolded Jiyong to never give-up Chaerin.

“SHE’S DYING AND JUST LET HER DIE! WHY YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT HER? YOU TOLD HER YOU NEVER LOVE HER, SO WHAT? IN FRONT OF HER, YOU CONFESSED… YOU LOVED ME, REMEMBER? IT’S NOT LIKE AFTER WE MARRIED JUST NOW I WILL STOP YOUR FROM SEEING HER!” Chaerin was like possessed with something.

“I love you, Jiyong…” said Chaerin again, with much lower tone this time.

Jiyong shook his head, not accepting the love confession came from Chaerin.

“It’s not my concern how much is your love for me. But one thing is sure, how much I love my wife and I’ll make sure that it always be me the one who responsible as her husband. No one else. I’m sorry for using you as the scapegoat to let my ego control myself. I never love you and will always never love you or any other person but Dara. Dara is my wife. Mine. I’ll go and meet with your family for an official apology. As for now, Dara comes first. Always. Dara need me and I’ll always have my time for her,” said Jiyong with a slight stuttering in uttering his content feelings.

Jiyong answers triggered more anger in Chaerin.

“GO TO HELL WITH DARA! I COULDN’T WAIT THE GOOD NEWS AS SOON AS SHE DIED! I –“Chaerin couldn’t finish her sentence when a pang on her face felt a sting pain. Jiyong had slapped her.

Luckily Chaerin was standing while leaning to a bench which placed outside of the hospital. If not, she might have collapsed after the slap. Her eyes were dangerously red as she glared at hot-tempered Jiyong.

“HOW DARE YOU? WHO YOU THINK YOU ARE, KWON JIYONG? BECAUSE OF THAT COUNTRY GIRL, YOU DARE TO SLAP ME? YOU HURT ME SO MUCH, JIYONG! HAVE YOU FORGET THE LOVE BETWEEN US BACK DAYS WHILE WE’RE STILL STUDYING IN UK? I’M NOT GOING TO FORGIVE YOU, JIYONG! NEVER!” Chaerin has started to cry.

“I should have slapped you on your face since before. I thought if your daddy had ever slapping you before, you will never be like this. Greedy. Ego. Hypocrite. You had even lost humanity in you. Dara on the other hand never see you as a foe. Besides, she even congratulates us on our wedding. You know what, Chaerin? Dara never take me from you. We’re close before; when we’re still in UK, yes. But, ever you heard my confession to you? At that time, I just went along with what my parents planned for me. And, if that time my parents planned to marry me off to even some strangers, I will never bother to care as I never treasure what’s love to begin with… until  Dara came into the picture.”

Jiyong heaved a sigh, taking a break from his heart’s confession. The very true feeling.

“Go home, Chaerin. If you fated to receive news regarding Dara death, still… please never intend to come again into my life. I will always spare a space for Dara… in my heart. Go home.”

Jiyong then glanced at his wristwatch. It’s almost 4.00 am in the morning. Without any bother to calm down the wailing Chaerin, Jiyong chose to step back into the hospital, leading his ways to Dara room.

He had left Dara long enough.

+++

Jiyong just done with wiping Dara pale face with wet cloth and he stopped and stared at his wife’s face. Dara shows no sign in improving what’s more to wake up soon. Finally, Jiyong decided to leave Dara for a while. He, too, needed a fresh view to clear up his mind.

Outside of the ward, he saw Bom, TOP and Sang Hyun were discussing something. Jiyong bet they might discuss something about Dara. It has been three days and Dara shows nothing. Also, it has been three days Jiyong never leave from Dara side. He only took his time away for going back to his family mansion to refreshing his tired body and led back to the hospital, checking up on Dara.

This morning, his father, Mr. Kwon came with Taeyang. Jiyong asked for Taeyang forgiveness with his all wrongdoings. While Jiyong was away from the company, Taeyang was taking Jiyong place for awhile in managing the company under Mr. Kwon surveillance. Taeyang volunteering in helping Jiyong with the company triggered guiltier with his accusation of his own jealousy.

Jiyong approached Bom, TOP and Sang Hyun which greeted warmly by Sang Hyun in respecting his dear brother-in-law.

“Jiyong, I have told TOP hyung before that I’m going back to my hometown for awhile. I’ll try my best to persuade Mom and Dad to pay a visit to Dara noona for once.”

Jiyong eyes were on Sang Hyun yet his mind was travelling to somewhere else. Yes. He knew it all that Dara was longing over his Mom and Dad, especially his Mom.

“Yes, Ji. It’s good for letting Sang Hyun to meet his Mom at hometown and invite her to come and pay a visit to Dara. Dara ever told me before she fainted that he really wanted to meet his Mom,” said Bom, convincing the idea.

Jiyong nodded his head while taking a very deep breath, slowly.

“What time you’ll go?” asked Jiyong while calculating th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter