Chapter 35

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara was playing with Ji Hyun when she heard her ringtone alert was off, indicating someone was calling for her. By the ringtone she could tell whom the person at the end of the line there. She set the special tone for her beloved husband, Kwon Jiyong.

“Hello…” Dara greeted her husband, cheerfully.

“Ji… you are being away for almost 3 weeks. Ji Hyunnie? Ah, she’s doing just fine here… You are going home tomorrow, aren’t you?”

“Yes, baby… I’ll be home tomorrow…” replied Jiyong.

“Then I’ll cook the best dishes for you. Hmm… your favorite maybe?”

“If that so, then I should feel excited to go home tomorrow. See you later. Love you…”

“Love you too…”

Dara ended the call with a big smile plastered on her face. She swift closer to her daughter and kissed her on forehead, lovingly.

“That’s a special kiss Appa requested for you…”

Dara kissed again her daughter but on her cheek this time.

“Appa will be home tomorrow,” Dara said. She lulled her daughter and minutes later the sleepy Kwon Ji Hyun fall into a deep slumber.

Dara couldn’t wait to welcome Jiyong return from the very long outstation period. There were so many things that she composed to tell to Jiyong especially the company’s problem regarding the loss in million dollars. Everything has something that related to Seungri, Jiyong trusted friend.

Dara couldn’t sleep again that night. Her night felt solemn, cold and too serenade without her beloved husband’s presence. Besides, her husband was away for almost three weeks due to the business and Dara admitted she couldn’t ask for more, for Jiyong to come back earlier. There is an international project in Manhattan that Jiyong have to supervise its progression as billion dollars was invested for its success.

Dara caressed away Ji Hyun stranded hair on her forehead lovingly. Ji Hyun dark hair was inherited from Jiyong as her hair wasn’t like them. Dara heaved a relief sigh. After this Dara will not hear any jealousy whines from Jiyong as the infamous Taeyang will engage next month.

Taeyang chose her secretary to tie the knot at the age of late 20’s, Ailee. Finally, Taeyang found the one who will take care of him. This engagement between Taeyang and Ailee means a lot to Dara. It means that Taeyang has buried all his past feeling with Dara and build another one with his lover. As a friend, Dara happy with all decisions Taeyang did.

+++

Dara was busy in her office room reading all the reports in a file amongst the mountain of files on her desk

“Sorry, may I have your time for a minute or two?”

Dara tilted up her chin and smiles upon seeing the guest.

“Sure thing! Wait, you are not from your office, aren’t you? You look extraordinary handsome today! Are you skipping from your work or something?”

Taeyang showed his infamous grinned while settled down a chair in front of Dara.

“I am on leave today. So, has Jiyong arrived from his three-weeks-outstation?” Taeyang asked while he fished a red velvet box from his jeans.

“He said he’ll come back today but I’m not so sure at what time he’ll arrive. Yesterday when he called me, he didn’t mention anything about his flight whereabouts,” replied Dara

“Have you told Jiyong about the suspended Seungri from his work?”

Dara face turned gloomy upon hearing the question. She shook her head.

“But, Taeyang… I have this unsettled feeling inside of me. Aren’t we supposed to wait for Jiyong to come back from Manhattan first, informed him first and wait for his decision?” Dara sighed. “I don’t want him to accuse me for in his position. It’s really not my position to submit the reports without any reference from him. I don’t him to feel left out from this. He’s the boss here. In fact, the work of corruption is happened in this company, his company.” She continued.

Taeyang stared at Dara without blinks, amused.

“No.” Taeyang stated, firmly. “We can’t keep a criminal longer in this company. Besides, this decision decided and agreed by Leader Kwon, too. You just don’t have to worry too much. Jiyong is professional enough to overcome this problem. We’re not totally put Jiyong out of place from this issue either. We suspended Seungri from his work; we didn’t fire him just yet, meaning we still need Jiyong to decide on that since Seungri is working with him.”

Dara nodded her head, convinced with Taeyang words.

“So, tell me about this ring!”

Dara widen her teardrop eyes.

“Ring? When did you bought the ring? I thought you are bringing me along to choose the ring and now, surprisingly you came with a ring?” whined Dara, unsatisfied.

“Nah, you are so busy with so many things and you seem have no time to come and choose the ring with me. I couldn’t wait any longer to propose her you know. Now, stop your grumpy whining, look at the ring that I chose and tell me about it either you like it or not. If not, I will trade for another design.” Taeyang said, excitedly in anxiety.

Dara almost dropped her heart, losing her life when she opened the small red velvet box.

“OMO! This is too beautiful! Its cut shows the elegancy. Fine diamonds show its beauty. Then, I’m totally approved with this!” Dara exclaimed.

“Go try first. Is it fit you well?” asked Taeyang. Dara smiles widely as she was honored for the chance to slip her finger into the ring.

“Just nice. Since you tried on my finger, just considered it’s mine, ok Taeyang?”

Taeyang laughed like an insane at Dara teasing. Dara was too mesmerized with the ring, a little envious with Ailee to own the ring later.

Beyond the friendship scene, laughter and all teasing with the ring, there is one man heart was hurt way too much. Seeing his partnership and his wife talked and have a conversation as a couple and to put more fuel in his anger is the ring that they talked about. He took his steps back and walked out from where he stood, behind Dara office wall.

“I bet Ailee will like this ring when you helped her to slip the ring for her. I said so right in Jeju-do before, to tackle her fast. Doesn’t play push and pull too much. Fortunately you are faster enough to own her, if not… bye, Taeyang!”

Taeyang laughed again. He couldn’t re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter