Chapter 33

THE DESTINY
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara diligently typing her report and sometimes she changed her gaze towards the file on the table as references. Suddenly, the door of her room was opened from outside. Dara stole a glance once but later she back to focus on her work. Jiyong has taken an empty seat opposite to his wife. Dara stopped her work and eyed straight towards Jiyong.

“Yes, Kwon Jiyong ssi, what can I do for you?”

Jiyong only replied with a grin.

“Nothing. I’m only missing you rather weirdly amount. I can’t focus on my work if I couldn’t get to see you even once for a day.”

Dara was too lazy to bother Jiyong, so she focused back typing her report. Seeing his wife ignored him, Jiyong walked behind Dara and later his wife was in his embrace. Dara tilted up her head, looking at her husband.

“Yonggie"

Jiyong shoved out a piece of paper from his coat’s pocket and gave to Dara. Dara’s eyes rounded so big when she saw the amount mentioned on the cheque.

“Why is it so much? I only need 2 million won but this is 5 million won!”

Jiyong stay in silent. He wasn’t really cares about the money as long as he could feel his wife’s presence in his embrace, that’s more than enough eventually.

“Assume the balance as our wedding gift. When we first got married, I gave you nothing.”

“I’m not marrying you, taking money as the reason. Later, I’ll give you the balance, okay?”

Jiyong shook his head, disagreeing.

“If you are returning back the money, it means that you are no longer loves me.”

Finally, tears dropped down from her glassy eyes.

Dara.

+++

The phone on Jiyong’s table was ringing, and he abruptly stopped to pick up the call.

“Yes, Suzy, what can I help you?”

“Kwon Jiyong ssi, Choi Seung Hyun ssi is on the line.”

Jiyong knitted his brows in confusing.

“Pass the line.”

“Hello… I’m doing fine… You, Choi?”

Jiyong are totally listening to each words mentioned by TOP. Sometimes, he wrinkled his forehead; still no words were coming out from him though he has exhaling his heavy breath a few times.

“Thanks, TOP… thanks for all your kindness that you have been giving to my family. If that’s what Dara wanted it from you, do accept it. It’s my responsibility to start with and I am really appreciating it. Okay… if we do have time, let’s meet each other.”

Jiyong cut off the line and he took a very deep breath, abandoning the suffocating feeling inside of him. There were no words to utter no more. Somehow the thought of how Dara played the whole responsibility brought the guilty feeling overtaken himself.

Did Dara never really forgive him at the first place?

Jiyong pressed a button on his intercom that connected to Dara’s room’s line and he had no reply. He tried again, yet still no reply.

“Suzy, where’s Dara?” asked Jiyong to his secretary.

“Dara ssi went to clinic as she said maybe she will take a medical leave today.”

Jiyong was even more disappointed at Suzy’s answer. Did Dara really never once accept him, as her husband into her life? He has starting to wonder either his presence is such a nuisance to Dara as his wife never tell him even once his whereabouts. Dara is his responsibility. Jiyong was letting go all the questions in dismay as he thought maybe Dara was such an independent person before and even until today. He trusts Dara as he was.

Dara was arriving at the Kwon’s mansion by taking a cab. She went to the clinic for monthly check up regarding her tumor. Her doctor was suggesting doing the surgery as soon as possible to stop the cancerous cell from spreading, wide.

Honestly, Dara was intentionally never told Jiyong for her clinic visit and she was really sure Jiyong will beg her to tag along. She really has no heart to make Jiyong in worry and at the thought of she loaned money from her husband and it was enough to seek for Jiyong’s help. She ever mentioned before that she will pay the money that she loaned from Jiyong and to put her circumstance at logically thinking there is no such way she has time to pay back the money.

Dara rang the mansion’s doorbell yet no one come out to open the gate for her. Dara took out the duplicate keys and opened the gate by herself. As soon as she pulled the gate to open, a sport car arrived exactly near her. Chaerin arrogantly walked out from the luxurious car and approached the dumbfounded Dara.

“Hey, ! I am not yet enough to argue with you!”

Dara was really tired to argue back and she stepped into the mansion without bothering Chaerin who was tailing after her. Abruptly, Chaerin grabbed Dara’s arms and Dara was shocked by Chaerin’s bold deed.

“Take off your hand!”

Chaerin took off her hand, mockingly in sneer.

“You think I’ll let it all go those humiliations you said in the car that previous day? No, way in hell, Dara! I knew too damn well that Jiyong’s changed affected by you and do not ever think I’ll let Jiyong go all alone though he has hurt me. Never.” said Chaerin with full of determination.

To put on her expressionless face, Dara tilted up her head, staring straight into Chaerin’s eyes.

“That’s your problem not even mine to start with. Go on with your dreams and I am not here to interrupt… well, excuse me…”

Dara continued to step into the mansion only to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter