Chapter 2

Miss No Label

 

 

Miss No Label

   C H A P T E R   T W O   

 



POV:

 

 

 

       Finding my classroom amidst the long alley of similar-looking doors was not as easy as people think it was. Well, not for me. I still haven't mastered the Korean language, so it was almost mind-blowing. I am a full-blooded Chinese and to be honest, I decided to study in Seoul to get away from the strictly regulated life I had back in my homeland. Nobody can ever imagine my father's happiness in hearing me tell him that I would like to go to Korea to study Business. Education is just a secondary reason though. Truth is, all I wanted was freedom. 

 

       Twenty-one years old. Freshmen. Now, don't that sound weird? Hell no. People don't seem to care. It was only the first day yet some loud noisy ladies swoon over me already. I can't help but scoff when I think of such things. I'm not even interested.

 

       First day of class. Lost. I turn my head from side to side, looking for possible clues on which way I should go. I should have took my Korean classes more seriously. If I did, I could have already found the right classroom as quick as a snap. 

 

     "Psychology class." I read from my schedule. It irks me why my curriculum required me to take such classes. I thought majoring in Buisness Administration meant having straight business classes. Maybe I was just a lazy irritable impatient and lost fellow at that very moment.

 

       Bump. Schedule fell. Almost got teared. Whoa. Thank heavens, it wasn't.

 

       I looked to see who I just bumped into, only to see a long-haired girl on the floor. 

 

       "Stupid me." I heard her whisper to herself. At one look, I did not need prior Psychology ninja kind of skills to tell she was sort of clumsy and she knows that she is. She looked up, saw me and unexpectedly, she flinched. I wondered if I looked scary or anything. 

 

       "Sorry, miss." I said. It seemed like she did not hear as she was picking up her bag, which fell on the floor with her.

 

       She looked at me again. Her eyes were stunning brown. "Pardon?" She asked.

 

       "Sorry. Let me help you." I said, as I extended my hand to help her up.

 

       She brushed off some dust on her arms and stood up by herself. Nobody rejected offers from me yet, especially when it comes in the form of helping. Weird was that girl. I was just trying to be some help for her. "No, it's okay. Not much damage." she said.

 

       I maintained my usual no-expression and still-photo kind of face. "Oh." I uttered in amusement of her unusual personality. "You sure?"

 

       She nodded immediately. "I'm not some glass miniature to break." Yeah. Maybe she was not some glass miniature, but she surely does look like a precious gemstone. That I realized when she was facing me, giving me a better view of how she looked like.  

 

       "I guess so." I shrugged, trying to pretend like I got no interest when in truth, I was fascinated by how she throws icy stares. 

 

       Before I could say anything more like introducing myself or anything, she stormed off with fast strides. "Sorry, I bumped into you." She said.

 

       I scoffed. "Be careful, glass miniature." I said in Mandarin, but only as loud for my self to exclusively hear. It would not have mattered if I said it loud anyway. Nobody could have understood. 

 

       Ring. There came the annoying school bell. It was time for my first class, yet there I was, still standing by the corridor, not knowing where to go. "Room 23." I read out loud from my schedule. I turned around only to see the exact room.

 

       Surprisingly, it was the room the girl I bumped into went in. "Now, this is interesting." I thought.

 

       Upon entering the classroom, I saw some ladies annoyingly squealing. I looked around as my mind focused on looking for that one exact lady. My eyes zooming in to a seat beside the window, I saw a girl staring at me with a shocked expression. It was her. I bet she did not expect us to be in the same class. Well, who did?

 

       The seat beside her was unoccupied. Without thinking about politeness or decorum, I grabbed the seat and quickly took it. As I was seated, I saw her looking at me furiously not too long and then back to her ice cold aura. 

 

       "We meet again." she said, looking at the blackboard ahead of us.

 

       "I can see that." I replied.

 

       She put her hands together and bowed. "Sorry, I was careless and bumped into you."

 

       "No problem." I told her. "I'm not a glass miniature, just like you, Miss..."

 

       "Krystal." She said. "My name is Jung Soo Jung but you can call me Krystal." She extended her hand.

 

       I wanted to smile at her adorable gesture, but effortfully maintained my no-expression face.

 

       After some time of not responding to her, she said, "Hand shake. Don't you know that? That's what you must do."

 

       "I know." I told her. "Pardon my manners." I reached out for her hand and held it with mine. The second we touched, I knew I did not want to let go. Never did anyone made me feel such emotions. Jung Soo Jung is one dangerous girl. 

 

       "Nice to meet you." she said. "Uhh... You are?"

 

       "Zhang Yixing." I said dryly.

 

       "Chinese?" she asked as she let go of the touch of her hand to mine.

 

       I nodded.