Chapter 26

Miss No Label

 

Miss No Label

   C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - S I X   

 



POV:

 

 

 

        The way Lay's lips touched mine was always sweet - definitely not like the ones I saw in movies. Lay's were not domineering nor rough. They were romantic - one that filled up my very soul and made me want to be with him even more. I never felt harrassed nor intimadated with his affection. In fact, he never failed to make me euphoric. Electricity ran through my every vein as his hands caressed my face. My eyes were shut close, yet it seemed like I was at the very top of the earth, seeing every lovely thing. I could not help but smile through the kiss and I can feel him do the same as well, just as I did. 

 

       "Believe me, Krytal." He whispered in between the kiss. His eyes stared at me softly, yet his lips were halfway curved into a smirk which slowly faded into a serious form. "You wouln't want me jealous." He filled in, sending even more electrifying chills down my spine. I could not help but smile. 

 

       "Was that Lay or Yixing speaking?" I asked. Since the very start, I was so psyched to fill the missing pieces up and somehow comprehend the difference between Lay and Yixing. Little by little, I can sense him disclosing more to me. I wanted more; I wanted to know all about him. 

 

        Instead of a reply, he closed the distance between us again for another kiss. This time, I took the effort to pull away.

 

       "Lay or Yixing?" I raised a brow in question.

 

       "Here we go with the interogation again." He said, shaking his head slowly. "Must we really go through this?"

 

       "I was just curious." I told him. "You don't need to answer if you don't want to." That was actually in reverse psychology. I was craving for the answers to his mystery.

 

       "Truth is," He said, inching closer once again. "I don't even know."

 

        I did not believe him firsthand. Just one of his remarkable alibis to escape, I thought. When I looked straight to his eyes, however, I saw a vague hint of sadness.

 

       "Sorry." I told him. "Is it really a sensitive topic? I won't ask you again if it is. Just tell me frankly."

 

       He flashed a faint smile and rested his forehead on mine. "It's okay. Maybe it's good if you know both sides of me." His eyes glittered in wetness, as if in the very verge of letting down tears. It worried me, but I did not know if I should ask more. "I swear I'll reveal everything when the right time comes. Let's just say it's my Achilles' heel and I'm not ready to kill some ideals in me yet."

 

       "I understand." I told him, raging in guilt. I was being insensitive and it took me that moment to realize that. It could be a painful past or a traumatic part of him and I knew I should not rush his revelations. "Life is more fun with mysteries to uncover, anyway." I said, in attempt to cheer him up. I was glad he did lighten up.

 

       He pulled me in for another quick peck. 

 

 

       Instead of heading straight to Jiyoung's, Lay and I decided to walk around the park for a while. The rain finally came into full stop and I just admired how the cool wind greeted us as we got off the car. I closed my eyes to fully eradicate the noise that the city life has brought and feel the serenity of the rain's aftermath evening. 

 

        "So refreshing." I said as I extended my hands on the air, wanting the wind to breeze through my skin. 

 

       Just then, I felt a warmer energy wrap around me. The recognizable smell made me open my eyes to make sure I was right. 

 

       I chuckled as my thoughts were confirmed. Nonetheless, I was not even in doubt in the first place. Lay has put me into a sudden comforting embrace. A few people around looked at us with incomprehensible stares since after all, it could be considered as a form of a public display of affection, but I could not give any concern of how they think about it - or about us. 

 

       "You're extra sweet today." I told him as I wrapped my arms around him as well. 

 

       He let out a chortle and whispered in my ear. "It's been a long day for my princess. I just thought of giving her a warm congratulatory embrace." 

 

       I loved how he called me his princess. Princess, I repeated on my mind. I never considered myself as one, but it seemed like a whole reality when it came from his very mouth and in his very voice. It felt surreal yet at the same time pragmatic. Ironic as it sounds, that was the very emotion that I desired to replay over and over again.

 

        "Yes, it has been one long day for your princess." I said, giggling in response.

 

       "You were about to give up the first time you called me. Am I right?" He asked, my back just as what my mother did whenever I was exhausted. "I knew since it was obvious just by the way you spoke. But I believed you changed your mind. You've always been one big frighter after all." 

 

       "Are you proud of me then?" I asked, stepping back for an inch just to see his face as he reponded. I needed the affirmation that he really was proud of me - for self-worth's sake, to be exact.

 

       "Always." He replied, earning a satisfied nod from me.

 

       We waked along the park, hand in hand. I was extremely tired after walking long streets and highways, yet evrything seemed to just disappear with him  by myside. He even wrapped a coat around me, telling me he did not want me to catch a cold. A gentleman as always, I thought. I could smell his expensive perfume as the breeze swayed around, and I could not help but want to memorize the moment on my head. If only we could last forever on that instance, I could trade anything for it.

 

       "Why me, Lay?" I suddenly asked. I swear, I myself was shocked with my sudden frank querry. I did not see it coming and I certainly did not expect that I even have thought of it. I got goosebumps as I spoke of those words and I couldn't help but get confused, blushing dark red as I realized what I just said.

 

        He paused his tracks and looked at me. I avoided his eyes as soon as it met mine. "What?" He asked.

 

        Knowing well that it has blurted out already anyway, and there might no longer be any way out - or if there is, there would no longer be a few seconds to spare for thinking of alibis, I asked him once again, hoping it would somehow lead to a certain degree of enlightenment. Truth be told, it was already one of my deepest querries. I just repeatedly denied to myself the curiosity to the answer. 

 

       "Why do you love me?" I elaborated. Contrary to the darkened expression I expected from him, he just looked blankly - just as the usual Lay would display. After a blink of an eye, however, his face softened and a tiny smile - so tiny that I would not even notice if not for the contiguity between us - appeared in an unpredicatble array of light. I clenched my free hand - one that was not intertwined with his - into a fist to gather a sense of readiness to whatever his reply might be. 

 

       "Good question." He uttered in a melodic scheme of voice that complemented his blank expression. 

 


 

author's note

I just thought of giving a cliffhanger here. :)

For thrill and excitement purposes, that is. 

Anticipate for the next chapters to come, okay?

 

Anyway, one more thing.

Thanks for the support and good feedbacks you've dropped as comments.

I will definitely work harder in coming up with better chapters.

 

Don't forget,

SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT. UPVOTE.

Thanks to everyone.