Chapter 25

Miss No Label

 

Miss No Label

   C H A P T E R   T W E N T Y - F I V E   

 



POV:

 

 

 

        I pretended to scan through the menu, with my dominant attention still on the mere significant fact that Kris Wu was Krystal's boss in her first job. I could not help but stay silent as deep thoughts ran through my mind. I just felt the need to avoid such frequency of their encounter. I knew something unwell was up, and I could not easily give off my trust to Kris Wu's professionalism. They seemed too close and that was what caused me to bother.

 

        I was cut  off from my thoughts as Krystal waved a hand in front of my eyes. "Whoo-hoo." She cooed.

 

        I raised a brow in question.

 

       "I was asking you for your order." She said. "You seem to be thinking deeply. Is something wrong?"

 

       I shook my head. "No, I'm fine." I then turned to the waiter to give my order.

 

      "Are you sure? You are not sick, are you?" She questioned, placing her palm on my forehead.

 

       "I'm fine." I repeated, not wanting to be any source of worry. "What did you order?"

 

        "This." She pointed at the menu.

 

       Kris butted in and remarked. "That's queer. Soojung did not like vegetables before."

 

       I scoffed, pretending to be interested with some small talk. He was trying to prove he knew Krystal better than I do, and I couldn't let him off easily. "Oh, really?" I said. "As far as I know, she loves vegetables so much that she goes to the vegetable section firsthand every time we go on grocery." I pointed out with pride.

 

       Krystal giggled. "Yes, I hate it before, but I really like vegetables now. It's good for your health." She remarked, not granting any dominant point between me nor Kris.

 

        The conversation, which was uninteresting for me, continued as we dined in. At first look, I never thought Kris was a talkative type, yet he really was. Krystal paid full attention to how they reminisced their so-called friendship. I bet she did not even realize how uninterested I looked. I felt out of place, but my pride did not let me make it appear too obvious. 

 

        "Do you remember Jiyeon? She had this huge crush on you. She hated me because we were close." Krystal spoke, with her eyes full of enthusiasm and her tone melodic. 

 

       "Oh, yes. I remember her. She used to give me imported chocolates everyday." Kris agreed. "And you end up eating everything."

 

       Krystal clapped in humor. I faked a smile, not wanting to appear to be the rude one. "That's right. She even pulled my hair when she knew."

 

       "The good old days." Kris remarked. "We used to be an item. Jiyoung even called us the perfect pair." He laughed.

 

        All the while, I was playing with my fork, turning it around as fumes of irritation dominated me. When he spoke of them being an item, however, I paused my motion and narrowed my eyes on him.

 

       Even Krystal might have noticed my sudden freeze. She did not form the usual reaction of a giggle nor a laughter. 

 

       "It's not what you think, bro." Kris said, making me annoyed of how he addressed me. "It just used to be a tease when we were younger."

 

       Krystal linked her hand on my arm, trying to assure me of her. A tiny spec of annoyance, irritation, or whatever you call it snapped me awake, but I tried to shrug those off and convinced myself that Kris Wu was not a threat to anything.

 

       "Of course." I replied. "Krystal told me nobody was before me." I pointed out, then shifted my gaze to Krystal. "Right?"

 

       She flushed in rosy shade, making me curve my lips. 

 

 

       "Okay. You can get mad now." She said as we settled down inside my car, supposedly heading to her place. "I'm really thankful for your manners back there, but you can get mad at me now."

 

       I leaned my head to the side, observing the guilt in her facial expression. "Why must I?"

 

       "I know it should have been a dinner for just the two of us." She admitted. "And I know you felt out of place. So, get made at me now."

 

        I smiled and took her hand. "How can I get mad if you look so adorable like that?" I told her, referring to how she pouted and hung her head low. The annoyance I felt throughout dinner was replaced by fascination. Just like that. She makes me so fascinated and in love with her so effortlessly.

 

        "So you're not mad at all?" She innocently asked.

 

        I shook my head. "But I have to be honest with you, Krystal." I said as I entwined my fingers with hers and brought our joined hands near my chest. "Call me selfish or judgmental, and I would not care. I tell you, Idon't want that man's presence."

 

        "That man has a name, Lay. Kris Wu's the name." She said. "And could you enlighten me with your honest sentiment?"

 

        I shrugged. "I don't know. I just don't want him around... with you."

 

        "Why?" She raised an eyebrow.

 

        "I don't know, Krystal." I replied. "I told you just so you know."

 

        "Okay." Her gaze at me was something I know. She was thinking of something I did not want her to think of.

 

        "It's not what you think." I told her before she could speculate.

 

        "Ey?" She remarked, making me eye her to stop. "I think you are."

 

        "What?" I questioned, despite knowing where it would lead to.

 

        "Jealous." She said, poking my nose playfully as she giggled. "You're not mad at me, but you're jealous."

 

        "No." I pointed out. "End of conversation."

 

       "You are." She insisted.

 

        "Not." I shook my head. "Unless I should be."

 

        This time, she shook her head. "You shouldn't be. You just look like you are."

 

        "I just want to remind you that you're mine." I told her bluntly, painting a spreadout grin on her face.

 

        "I won't ever forget that, Lay." She nodded. "So, you're not making me quit my first job, right?"

 

        "I'm not selfish." I told her."And I trust you."

 

        "And just so you know..." She said. "I used to have a crush on him. As in, huge crush." She said, still grinning as if making fun of me. "Well, just so you know. But it was all in the past. I just thought you should know." She uttered in a way that she was somehow mimicking my manner.

 

        "Is that supposed to be good news or bad news?" I questioned, posing my blank expression.

 

        She shrugged, making me ponder for more.

 

        "Mmm... What do you think?" She chuckled. "What does Lay think of it? Oh, I'm curious." She said, still teasing.

 

       "Bad news." I replied, hoping that my short replies would scare her like they used to be.

 

       "And how about Yixing?" She asked, making me unable to comprehend for an answer. There goes her Yixing queries again, I thought.

 

       "Bad news." I said. 

 

        She giggled, as if happy over something. "You really give me some sort of giddy fulfillment when you act like that. It makes me think you love me so much." She bluntly said, as her smile widened.

 

       "I'm not jealous with your crush. That's stupid." My eyebrows met in defense.

 

       "You said it." She laughed.

 

        She was being naughty, needless to say. "What? Don't look at me like that, Krystal."

 

       "You're jealous." She poked my hip, making me flinch.

 

        With further ado, I leaned towards her and sealed her lips with mine before she could say anything more. Her soft lips were on mine, and it took that mere touch to entirely calm me down. I was satisfied that she kissed back. 

 

       "Believe me, Krystal. You wouldn't want me jealous." I said in between the kiss. 

 


 

author's note

Hey guys.

SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT. UPVOTE.