Chapter 14

Miss No Label

 

Miss No Label

   C H A P T E R    F O U R T E E N   

 



POV:

 

 

 

        Alone. Confused. In doubt. Pathetic. I walked along the streets despite the cold evening wind. I was still wearing the same sleeveless dress which used to be so elegant. After the whole mind-wrecking revelation that happened, it seemed like it lost its elegance. I felt like a desperate lady who have just been turned down after realizing the stupidity and foolishness I have put myself into. I walked the long silent streets, not knowing where to go. 

 

        The few sounds I could hear were the very few car engines and my phone. It had been ringing nonstop since I locked myself into the cubicle. It was Lay. Not a single tear have fallen since that very moment I exited the party hall; I was afraid I would just sob as I hear his voice. What would he tell me? I asked myself. Instead of being curious, I was more of fearful - fearful of him. I paused my tracks and glanced at my phone. 79 missed calls and 35 unread messages. All were from him.

 

        I hugged myself as I sat on a bench along the street. I was shivering and in the verge of freezing. I suddenly remembered that instance where Lay helped me when I got stepped on the bus stop, buying medicine for me and helping me with going home. I remembered how he used to appear at every right moment - just exactly when I needed someone. I remembered the first night I stayed at his place, and getting too awkward. I remembered sharing every meal with him. I remembered shopping with him. I remembered poking his dimple whenever he gets stubborn. I remembered how we cuddled in bed, talking about random thoughts. I remembered him whispering those three meaningful words on my ear - I love you. I remembered the way we kissed and embraced. I remembered how we slow danced just a few hours prior to where I was. I remember how I thought he loved me, but at that very moment, I knew I was in doubt. I remembered, yes. That was all that was left of me - the memories. It irked me how I sat so helplessly. I let out a deep sigh, in hope to relieve even just a tiny bit of pain inside me.

 

       Just then, my phone rang again. It was Jiyoung, to my surprise. She was present at the party, so I was sure she knew. She's going to nag me and point out my mistake in a clear I-told-you-so manner, I thought. I knew, however, that it would exactly be what I deserve after my foolishness. 

 

       "Mmmm?" I answered the phone.

 

       "Goodness, Krystal." She began at the end of the line. "I've been looking for you. Do you even know how my ankles hurt with these shoes, looking for you at every corner of the hotel? Where are you, Krystal? For heaven's sake, tell me." 

 

        Did she just sound worried? I wondered.

 

       "Hey, are you still there?" She asked as it took a while for me to utter a word.

 

       "Yes, Jiyoung." I replied. "Still here."

 

       "Answer my question, then." She impatiently demanded. "Where. Are. You." It sounded more of like a command than a question.

 

       "Still on earth." I replied. "I actually don't know where this is exactly." I looked around, only to realize I did not know where my feet have brought me after long hours of blankly walking down the streets.

 

        "What?!" She almost screamed. "Are you insane?"

 

        "Yes." I replied. "I guess I am."

 

        "Come on, Krystal." She said. "Please don't do anything stupid, okay? Now, here's the thing. I know you're bad at directions and you at traveling alone. Just look around you and find some landmark or something. Then, you tell me. I think I'll manage to find that."

 

        "You're... You're going to find me?" I asked, shocked of the sudden come back of Jiyoung, the one I considered as my friend.

 

        "Yes, Jung Soo Jung. Yes." She firmly replied. "I'm dying of tension here so please hurry and tell me."

 

 
 
        Being a genius of the whereabouts around Seoul, Jiyoung was able to find me sooner than expected. A cab stopped right in front of me, revealing a girl in velvet dress, heading to me in a fast groove. "Annyeong, Jiyoung." I uttered.
  

        "Krystal!" She screamed as she ran to me, putting me into a tight embrace instantly. That was exactly what I needed at that very moment - an embrace. She was exactly what I needed - my best friend. "Are you, okay? Huh?"

 

       "Yes." I nodded as we broke the hug. For a rare instance in time, I cried. I vent all my frustrations out and sobbed heavily. "Okay, I lied. No, I'm not okay." I said in between sobs. Jiyoung, just like the real best friend I had back in high school, just took hold of my hands and let me cry everything out. 

 

       "Let it out, Krys." She said in a soft tone. "Cry it out. Don't worry, I'm here."

 

       "I'm stupid. I'm so stupid." I blamed myself.

 

       "No, you're not." She assured. "If there's someone stupid, it's those people who don't know your worth. I used to be one of those stupid people, but now I'm here, Krys. You're more than what you think you are. You're not stupid. You just loved."

 

       "I don't know what to do anymore." 

 

 

        "He's been calling you endlessly." Jiyoung told me as she handed me clothes to wear for the night. I stayed at the apartment she was renting since I had nowhere to go. I have told her everything already - about me and Lay. 

 

       "I'm not ready to talk to him." I said, hanging my head low.

 

       "Won't you at least read even just one message he sent? Just as a hint of what's going on." Jiyoung suggested, but I shook my head. She then grabbed my phone and scanned it through.

 

       "Hey, give it back." I demanded.

 

       "Oh gosh, Krystal." She uttered as she looked at my phone with an unreadable expression. "Look at this. Just this one."

 

        She handed me back my phone, flashing a message Lay sent.

 

        Please answer my calls.

        I'm so worried.

        I won't stop looking for you, just so you know.

        Please let me explain.

        Please come back.

        I love you, Krystal. 

 

        It crept me and sent chills down my spine. If he was telling me those words face to face, I could have ran right to him and come back, but I just could not - and must not. My pain tells me to stay put and let time uncover the mysteries by itself.

 


 

author's note

Thanks to all new subbies.

I decided to make the font size bigger for better ease in reading.

Would that be fine?

And thanks to all your wonderful comments.

I love reading them :)