Chapter 7

Miss No Label

 

Miss No Label

   C H A P T E R   S E V E N   

 



POV:

 

 

 

         "Did Lay just kiss me?" I thought as I touched my forehead, still feeling the remnance of his soft lips. I sat frozen, not knowing what to do. My whole mind was in chaos. A part of me was squealing in euphoria, while another part of me was in extreme confusion. I suddenly forgot my worries of homesickness. The spot where I was seated in suddenly felt like home. Zhang Yixing suddenly seemed like home.

 

         I spent the whole night frozen in thought. The next thing I knew, it was already morning. I was lying comfortable on a wide soft matress. "This can't be the sofa." I thought. I sat down, realizing I was on bed. Looking around, I realized I was in Lay's very room. Beside me was no other than Zhang Yixing. He was turned to the other side, but seeing his side profile was enough to conclude that he was sleeping tight.

 

         "Why am I here?" I questioned myself. Weird and malicious thoughts came blurring my mind. I looked at myself, and sighed in relief when I realized I still had my clothes on. Lay suddenly turned around, wrapping an arm around my waist.

 

         "Hey, Zhang Yixing!" I screamed at the top of my voice, making Lay flinch and jump in horror. His eyes were still half-open, adjusting with the sudden light of the morning. "Hey!" I slapped his arm. "Why am I here?"

 

         He rubbed his eyes and yawned, going back to sleep.

 

         "Don't ignore me, Zhang Yixing. Answer my questions!" I demanded, pinching his nose.

 

         This time, he sat down and stretched his arms, still yawning. "Seriously, Krystal. What's the point of being so noisy early in the morning?"

 

         "Don't change the topic, Yixing." I slapped his arm again. My violent tendencies were evident. "Why. Am. I. Here?"

 

         "Stop yelling, can you?" He told me. "And I thought I was clear when I told you not to call me by that name."

 

         "And I thought I was clear when I told you that I'm sleeping at the sofa." I answered back, crossing my arms like a mad old woman.

 

         He chuckled and smirked, making me more pissed. "Don't be angry. I just thought you deserve a comfortable sleep."

 

         "The sofa was comfortable." 

 

         "No, it's not." He uncrossed my arms and surrounded his arms around my waist, making me flinch and obviously blush. "I can't let you sleep on that uncomfortable sofa after I told you I like you, Krystal."

 

          "So..." I uttered. "It's not a dream?"

 

          He flashed his famous dimpled smile and nodded. "Certainly not a dream."

 

         "I better cook breakfa-"

 

         I was cut off when he pushed ourselves in a lying position again, with his arms embracing me around my shoulders. I can't help but blush even more by his sudden action. He brushed his fingers through my hair and whispered in my ear. "Not yet hungry. I'm still sleepy. 10 more minutes, okay?"

 

         "You're really something, Lay." I said softly. "You're annoying."

 

         "You like me anyway." He smirked.

 

         "If you continue doing this, I might start thinking we're labeled. You're annoying, Lay. You're annoying." I said, lightly slapping his arm.

 

         He simply chuckled and closed his eyes once again. "Just 10 minutes. It's Saturday anyway."

 

 

         "Krystal." Lay snapped. We were having breakfast, and I was obviously silent and awkward around him.

 

         "What?" I asked, crossing my eyebrows.

 

         "Don't look at me like that." He demanded.

 

         "Why not?" 

 

          "Come on, Krystal, if you're still annoyed about me, carrying you to bed last night, then let me assure you that nothing malicious happened. I got good intentions. I just wanted to let you sleep comfortably."

 

         "It's not about that, Lay." I said, still not looking at him. 

 

         "Then what is this about?" He questioned softly, not normal for him.

 

         "I don't know. I'm confused." I honestly replied.

 

         "I get it, Krystal." He said as he transferred to the seat behind me and inched closer. "This is about the label."

 

         "No." I shook my head. "It's not about any label, Lay. It's about..."

 

         "About what?"

 

         "Nothing." I shook my head. "As what I've said before, I'm just confused. I'm sorry."

 

         "No need to apologize. I understand." He held my hand.

 

          "I just wondered." I told him. "After graduation, you'll be going back to China. Right?"

 

         He shrugged. "Most probably. But that's still a long way to go, Krystal."

 

         "Yeah, I know." I nodded. "I just wondered."

 

         "If I do, will you come with me?" He asked.

 

         I shrugged. "Maybe not. My family is here. By that time, we'll be leaving this place, I guess." I said as I pointed in circular motion, around the whole unit.

 

         "But that won't mean we're leaving each other." He said. Those words were enough to calm me and ensure me of him. 

 


 

author's note

Thanks to all your subscriptions and comments :))

And thanks for the upvote! yey!