Chapter 21

Miss No Label

 

Miss No Label

   C H A P T E R    T W E N T Y - O N E   

 



POV:

 

 

 

 

        I was seated on the bed, immobile and incomprehensible as to what I had to feel as I watched Krystal zip her bag, ready to move out. I took a quick glance at our used-to-be shared closet and realized how spacious it looked without her things. I shifted my eyes to her and saw her looking at me as well.

 

       “Done.” She told me as she sat beside me.

 

       I nodded and sighed as I prevented myself to stop her. I knew well that Krystal always stands by her decisions and I might as well have to just accept it. “You could have left a few things, in case you, well, you’re going to sleep the night over here someday.” I paused to wait for a response from her, but there was none. “Well, you could use my clothes anyway.” I shrugged.

 

       “Eat well, okay? Breakfast is important. You know that, right? Tidy up the place from time to time. Wash your dishes and don’t pile them up. Don’t just throw your clothes around; it’s messy. Don’t make…”

 

       I cut her off as I placed a finger over her lips. “I know, Krystal. I know.”

 

       “Don’t get sick.” She added.

 

       “If I will, you’d take care of me anyway, so that won’t even be a problem.” I told her in a teasing kind of tone.

 

       “But don’t get sick.” She pointed out firmly. “And one last thing, budget well. Money must be handled well.”

 

       I looked at her, thinking of how much change might there be as she moves out. I never used to bother about people taking a departure from me, but Krystal was a different case. Gone were those days when I can fall asleep with her in my arms and wake up seeing her first thing in every morning. There would no more be late-night movie marathons and mouth-watering dishes. I had to start going to the grocery by myself and spend the time alone in silence. I was anxious. Without my full monitor of her, she might find another guy to like – someone who might label her, and she might find it better than being with me in an unlabelled way. The last speculation was the worst and it made me want to hold her in and prevent her from taking her bags to flight. “As for me, Krystal, I have only one reminder.” I told her straight in the eye.

 

       “What is it?” She asked.

 

       “Always remember,” I began as I caressed her cheeks. “You’re mine.”

 

       She chuckled as she nodded. “Can I add that one on my list for you, too?”

 

       Pulling her close for a quick kiss on her forehead, I was relieved for a little ounce of anxiety and knew I had to trust her. “I’m yours. No need to remind me.”

 

 

       Krystal’s friend, Kang Jiyoung, was a bit cold and annoying to me. She shot icy glares at me, perhaps in impression after the night at the school party. Her place was not bad, though. It was not as enormous or as grand as my place, but certainly good enough for two ladies to live in. It was on the second floor of a three-storey building, having a small yet impressive balcony designed with potted plants. From there, one could see a good view of the surrounding environment, giving me a thought of old Roman scenes from movies.

 

       “Just so you know, we don’t accept male visitors after 9 in the evening.” Kang Jiyoung emphasized, making me want to neglect the rule she had set. I could not do that, though.

 

       “I understand.” I uttered.

 

       “And it’s fine with me if you visit Krystal from time to time, but public display of affection is not allowed, especially if I’m around.” She pointed out, which was somehow awkward yet humorous to head, although she looked serious.

 

       “Okay.” I replied.

 

       “And the most important thing.” She firmly added. “If you make my friend cry once again, I will be making sure to deform your face and shatter it into the tiniest bit of pieces possible that you will look like a cursed man. Do you get that?”

 

       Krystal was obviously embarrassed as she elbowed her friend and looked at me, avoiding my eyes right away. “Hey, Kang Jiyoung. Stop that.”

 

       “Once I let her cry again, I’ll voluntarily come here for you to give me proper sanctions. Yes, I fully and comprehensibly got that.” I replied.

 

       “Jiyoung is serious, Lay.” Krystal snapped. “She has violent tendencies, I should tell you.”

 

       “And can you please persuade the stubborn Krystal to stop searching for a parttime job? She’s going to exhaust herself into an old overworked woman instead of a lady enjoying a life.” Jiyoung once again babbled. She surely was a big talker.

 

       “Hey, Jiyoung!” Krystal exclaimed.

 

       “Believe me, I told her that a lot of time, but she won’t listen.” I agreed for the sake of Krytal’s good.

 

       “I will be working with or without both of your consent, just so you know.” She stubbornly pointed out as her brows met.

 

 

       “Call me anytime.” I told her as we were left alone as I was about to leave. “Especially when you miss me.”

 

       She chuckled and poked my nose. “Okay.”

 

       “I’ll drive you to school tomorrow. Jiyoung can join in, but it would be better she doesn’t.” I told her, earning a playful slap on the arm.

 

       “You’re mean. Of course she’ll be joining us.”

 

       “Fine.” I shrugged. “I got to go now, I guess.”

 

       “Yes.” She nodded. “Sara must be waiting for you.” She reminded me. I had to drive Sara to the airport for her flight back to China. “And tell her I wish for her safe flight and of course a healthy baby for her.”

 

       “I’ll tell her for sure.” I nodded.

 

       “Bye, Lay.” She said with a wave of her hand.

 

       “You forgot something, Krystal. I can’t leave without it.” I pointed out.

 

       She looked at me unknowingly and asked, “What is it?”

 

       “Goodbye kiss.” I suggested with a naughty, intentional smirk.

 

       She shook her head. “We’re in a public place, Lay.” She gave me a quick hug instead as she whispered goodbye. That word was not the farewell kind, however, but an expression of see you again soon. I swear there won’t be farewell for us; separation does not always mean being apart from each other.