Chapter 31

Miss No Label

 

Miss No Label

   C H A P T E R   T H I R T Y - O N E   

 



POV:

 

 

 

        It took me another three days before I could tell Jiyoung about going to China with Lay. Her reaction was epic blankness at first, yet she squealed and screamed when I bugged her for a reaction. 

 

       "Seriously?!" She exclaimed, shaking me into insanity with her loud high-pitched shriek. "To China? With Zhang Yixing?"

 

       I nodded, making her jump from her seat.

 

       "You're going to China with Lay? Does that mean he'll make you meet his family?" She asked.

 

       "I guess." I replied. "That's what he told me."

 

        She covered with her palms and screamed. As soon as she was calmed down a bit, she raised a brow and pointed her chopsticks at me. "Hey, Jung Soo Jung. Krystal Jung, tell me honestly." She inched closer with wide eyes. "You're not..." She pointed the chopsticks at my stomach, making me flinch and roll my eyes at her. "Are you?" She bit her lip and flashed her dilated eyes at me. "Did you do it? I mean, you know... uhh... you're not pregnant, right?"

 

        I poked her head and glared at her. "I'm not!" I replied.

 

        She squealed and screamed once again. "So, he's really making you meet his family. Omo, Krystal. Omo!" She was slapping me on my arm, hugging me and laughing out. "I never thought Yixing is such a gentleman. Omo, what did you do to be so lucky to find such guy? Do you even know that it's a big thing to be introduced to a guy's family? It means he's sure, Krystal." I could not help but laugh her babbles off. 

 

       "You look more excited than I am, Jiyoung." I remarked.

 

       "Nah, I'm just happy for you." She squeezed my cheeks and smiled widely. "And that would mean I can have Kris-oppa by myself."

 

       "Typical Jiyoung." I shook my head, teasing her. "You might be a big worry for Kris."

 

       "Whatever." She rolled her eyes. "Anyway, you said it's going to be a party for Yixing's mother, right? Do you have clothes already? Or a present for her? And you should not forget..."

 

       I cut her off as I covered with my palm. "You're making me more nervous, Jiyoung. That pile of preparations is exactly why I told you, okay? So, can my pretty, reliable and creative friend help me through this?" 

 

       "Your pretty, reliable and creative friend accepts the challenge." She told me. "I swear, they will love you as much as Yixing loves you."

 

 

       I was already in dreamland when my phone rang. Not wanting to wake up the stubborn sleeper, Jiyoung, I quickly answered the phone without checking who the caller was. I went out of the room, still with eyes half closed. I checked the clock and realized it was already thirty minutes past three in the morning. 

 

       "Krystal speaking." I spoke in my bedroom voice, wondering who in the world was still awake to call at such time.

 

        A short laugh was heard at the end of the line. Taking that as a clue, I immediately recognized the caller. "Did I wake my princess up?"

 

       "Obviously." I told him. "You're annoying."

 

       "I can't sleep." He said, making me find it adorable. He was calling me just because he can't sleep. Typical Lay, I thought. 

 

        "Must I teach the big baby how to?" I teased, making him scoff with my ambiguous sarcasm. "Here's how you do it. Lie down in bed, close your eyes..."

 

        "I miss you." He cut me off. "I haven't seen you at school today."

 

       "You miss me already?" It was sweet, but I took it as a hyperbole. Afterall, he was the master of exaggerations. "You must be kidding. You're just bored, that's why."

 

        "Why don't you check how factual my words are, princess?" He pointed out. 

 

        "What?" I asked. "And how can I do that? Sing you a lullaby?"

 

       "That would be a great idea." He laughed.

 

       "Such a baby." I told him. "What lullaby should I sing, then? I don't know any Chinese lullaby."

 

       "We can decide on that face to face." He said.

 

        He wanted a video call? I thought.

 

       "Balcony, princess." He told me. I headed to the balcony and looked down. Being still sleepy, all I saw was an unclear picture of car and a man leaning on it, being more blurred out with the bright street lights that blinded my eyes, having not yet adjusted from the dark. "Hi there, sleepy head." Lay said over the phone.

 

       I rubbed my eyes, only to see a more vivid view of no other than Zhang Yixing, waving at me. I blinked my eyes for several times, thinking it could be a dream. It was like some deja vu from romantic stories such as the Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet playing the balcony scene on my subconscious mind. It couldn't be real, I told myself. It was too good to be true - too romantic for my life. 

 

       I pinched my cheeks, hoping to wake up from the dream before I fully fall for it.

 

       "Don't pinch too hard. It might swell." Lay spoke at the end of the line.

 

       I chuckled as I confirmed it was not a dream at all. The romance was right into a very moment in my life. "Tell me I'm not dreaming." I told him, still needing the most certain confirmation.

 

       "Why don't you come down here to make me prove it to you?" 

 

 

        He approached me with wide open arms, immediately trapping me into a warm embrace. The night was ice cold, and so was he. Lucky for us, the mere embrace warmed us up. Maybe missing me was not an exaggeration after all. At that moment, I realized I missed him too.

 

       "Sorry for disturbing your rest. I just can't wait for the sun to rise before seeing you." He whispered in my ear.

 

       "You've been busy in school, right?" I rested my head on shoulder. "Aren't you tired?"

 

       "Not when I'm with you." He sweetly said. "I just thought we should spend more time together while we're here. Parental supervision will be present in China, so we couldn't cuddle up as much anymore. Wouldn't that be too much of a torture?"

 

       "Do you think your family would like me?" I asked him.

 

        He tightened his hold before he replied. "It would not matter anyway. Nothing can make me change my feeligs for you."

 

        I had to admit, his reply did not calm down my tension. In fact, it made me worry even more. He sounded so mysterious -  so full of anxiety by the way he spoke. If he was confident, his bluntness nature could have replied to my querry straight to the point. He did not and it disturbed me and my self-esteem.

 

       "In China, will I get to know more about Lay and Yixing?" I asked again, trying to calm myself as I hoped for more affirming answers that would follow.

 

        It took him so long before he could answer. He then pulled away from the hug after a long pause of silence, and kissed my forehead. "I was thinking..." He began, looking at me straight in the eyes. "Maybe it's about time to reveal them to you - both Lay and Yixing, that is."

 

       I tensed up, preparing myself to hear him out. I was full of curiosity and anticipation. 

 

       "I'll make sure to listen to every word." I told him with a nod.

 

       We went inside his car, and that was where the revelations about Lay and Yixing were bounded as one reality

 


 

author's note
Thanks for all your amazing comments.
I hope I won't disappoint you all.
I was overwhelmed by the results of the poll ^^
I want to share my blog to you, guys.
Follow me on tumblr ---> click here.

Until then :)
SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT. UPVOTE.