Chapter 12

Miss No Label

 

Miss No Label

   C H A P T E R  T W E L V E   

 



POV:

 

 

 

        The week went by too swiftly for me. My mind has been preoccupied by the demands my academic life has set upon me, not to mention my homesickness. For almost everyone else, however, especially the party folks who have been babbling the same topic in their every breathing moment, everyone's mind was set to plans for the upcoming school party.

 

        "Rather than being an acquaintance party, I bet it would be a brag-how-much-you've-spent-and-who-danced-with-you kind of event." I told Lay as I rolled my eyes, irritated of how people talk about it even in the library.

 

        "If I don't know you, I would think you're antisocial." He remarked with a chortle. "Or are you?"

 

       "To be honest, I'd rather have that antisocial personality disorder than deal with annoying babbles about non-academic topics inside the library. For goodness' sake, this is a library." I said as I proceeded to the next book shelf.

 

       "So, does that mean you're not coming?" He asked.

 

       "Most probably, not." I replied. "Unless something made me change my mind. Well, the party is tonight. It's better not to go, I haven't made any plans or whatsoever anyway."

 

       "Didn't the incentive offers bribe you?" He crossed his arms as he leaned on the shelf, watching me as I picked a thick book and scan it through.

 

       "No." I shook my head. 

 

       "But I think I can change your mind." He snapped as he grabbed the book from me, closed it and returned it to the shelf. 

 

       "What are you doing?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow at him.

 

       "Changing your mind." He replied, grabbing my hand before I could hesitate to follow him. Lucky for him, I could not throw any form of tantrums or produce any noise since we were in the library. 

 

 

       "You're not being serious." I told him as he stopped his car in front of a dress shop. 

 

       He simply smiled at me and led me inside. Not wanting to attract too much attention, I followed.

 

       "Lay, I still have a class." I whined softly.

 

       "Don't use that excuse, Krystal. Classes are suspended this afternoon." He pointed out. To be honest, I did not know that. "Now, trust my lead. Understand?" That's the insistent Zhang Yixing, as usual.

 

       "Good afternoon, Mr. Zhang." A lady, who I assumed to be in her early thirties, welcomed us with a wide smile. "And this beautiful lady must be the one you were talking about." So Lay planned everything prior to coming at the very place? I questioned in thought. "Good afternoon, Miss Jung." She greeted me with the same consistent smile. I awkwardly smiled back. She even knows my name. Seriously, Lay? I mentally conversed by myself.

 

       "Yes, Miss Lee." Lay spoke. "I assume you're now ready as to preparing her for tonight." 

 

       "As planned, sir. Everything is set." She replied.

 

       I turned to Lay, who grinned at me. "What is this?" I asked him.

 

       "I told you, I'll make you change your mind." He said.

 

        "You're not." I insisted. "I'm going home, Lay. I'll be sleeping the night away, as what I've told you. I was serious." 

 

       "We can do that together after the party." He firmly stated, playfully emphasizing the word 'together', earning a soft giggle from Miss Lee.

 

        "You definitely owe me an explanation, Lay." I argued.

 

        "We can do that afterwards. As of now, I will leave you with Miss Lee. I'll come back at six, sharp." He told me, kissing my forehead before leaving. "See you later."

 

 

        "I don't mean to meddle with your personal privacy, Miss Jung, but to tell you the truth I have never seen Mr. Zhang that bright before." Miss Lee told me as she led me to a long hallway of closets. "You must inspire him a lot."

 

       "You know him? I mean, like really know him?" I fragmentally asked.

 

       She nodded. "I have been his sister's personal stylist for four years, back in China. The Zhangs helped me establish my own business here in my homeland, so I owe them a lot." She explained. "I seldom saw Mr. Zhang Yixing in a bright aura before. Usually, he would be quiet and distant. I'm glad he has changed. I assume it's because of you, Miss Jung."

 

       "Krystal." I told her. "Just call me Krystal. Miss Jung is too... well, formal." 

 

       "If you insist, Krystal." She said. "Here we are." We stopped in front of a white closet. She immediately opened it and to my surprise, I was welcomed by an array of stunningly gorgeous dresses of different styles. Miss Lee picked out a light pink chiffon dress, which in my perspective, looked too expensive - perhaps a semester's tuition or more. "I personally chose this for you, Miss Jung. Mr. Zhang Yixing has told me a few things about you and I believe this will suit not only your beautiful face, but also your personality." 

 

       "That is really beautiful, Miss Lee, but... Uh... H-how much is that?" I hesitantly asked.

 

       "Mr. Zhang informed me that all expenses will be charged to him. He emphasized not to talk about prices with you." She pointed out.

 

       "Is that so?" I replied. "Uhh... O-okay I'll try that one."

 

 

        After a few hours of preparing and swishing of Miss Lee's magic spells, I was finally done. I have never had a makeover experience before, especially one that was as grand as such. "You look perfect, Krystal." Miss Lee uttered in full fascination in her eyes.

 

       "Thank you, Miss Lee." I replied with a bow. 

 

       Just then, a car honked. I glanced at the clock; it was six in the evening, sharp. I turned to the door, and as expected, it was Lay. He was usually handsome and heartthrobbing, yet at that moment, he was princely. If this is a dream, I hope I won't wake up. I thought.

 

        "Good evening, ladies." He greeted. "And hi to my princess." Those words sent chills down my every vein. Lay certainly knew how to weave words so wonderfully, as it matched his princely aura. "As expected, you're still perfect." He whispered on my ear.

 

        "You're really something, Lay. Seriously." I told him, playfully slapping his arm. 

 

       "May I, princess?" He said with a dimpled smile as he offered his arm for me to link mine on.

 

       I never knew about fairy tales' romance before, and I swore I despised damsels-in-distress, fairy godmothers and the thought of happy-ever-after. Just as I knew of love through Zhang Yixing, I came to know that life has its own way of carving fairy tale chapters in our story. I walked with my hand holding his arm, and I knew I was living that fairy tale moment. I hope it never gets to midnight. I wished.

 

 


 

author's note

How is this chapter?

Stay tuned, okay?

I swear, there is more to happen in the next chapters.

More thrill and solved mysteries, I guess.

For now, I'm informing you that my next update might be

on Tuesday  night or Wednesday afternoon.

Many responsibilities just came up with school lately. :)

I will try updating tomorrow, but I can't promise.