Chapter 11

Miss No Label

 

Miss No Label

   C H A P T E R  E L E V E N   

 



POV:

 

 

 

        It was Monday again, and it fascinated me how things could change in weekend's time - a matter of two days. I used to bother of how people would think of me, especially as they see me with Lay - the epitome of perfection around the campus. I still could not help but hold my breath and blush evrytime I reminisce moments when he held me tight in an embrace, kisssed me and cuddled with me as we talked about random things. I still could not get over the fact that he loved me and that I told him I loved him back. I could not help but feel giddy when he whispered "Wo ai ni." on my ear with my repsonse of "Saranghae" on his. 

 

       We walked side by side, with no public display of affection, of course. I could not allow that, and neither would Lay. We need not impose rules on the do's and don'ts of being inside the school campus. We were aware of the boundaries for what we have, and I was satisfied with that.

 

       We breezed through the parking lot as we headed stright to the main building where our first class was. There was an unusual sound of incomprehensible conversations all over the corridors. It was evident from their expressions and tones that there was thrill, excitement and anticipation going on. I looked around only to see chatterbox people, men and women alike, obviously talking about somthing that is not academically-related. 

 

       "What is going on?" I asked Lay, who was the socially visible one between the two of us.

 

        He shrugged. "I don't know."

 

       Just then, a petite lady dressed in pink from head to toe greeted us - or only Lay, actually. She flashed her cheeky and wide smile, plus an ethusiastic wave of her hand. Her gestures were only to be treated uninterestedly by Lay, and I wanted to scoff at her right then and there. 

 

       "Anyeong." She greeted.

 

       "What?" Lay said blankly.

 

       "Hi, I'm Seo Ha Na." She introduced herself. "You see, the school will be holding its annual Acquaintance Party this Friday night. Please do come." She continued with her speech as she handed Lay with a flyer containing the details of the said event. She continued on flirting with Lay, as she kept on tucking strands of her hair behind her ears and looked at him with glittery gross eyes. She pretended that I did not exist, and that was obvious. 

 

       Lay only shrugged in repsonse, earining a drop in the so-called Seo Ha Na's expression. I almost let out an evil-sounding laughter, but I was fortunate enough to bring enough manners with me. 

 

       "Please come." She said, attempting to pull off an aegyo in front of Lay, making me even more pissed. Such a flirt, I thought.

 

       Lay handed me the flyer and signalled for us to walk away. This time, I could not help but let out a satisfied smile and follow Lay as he made his way out. I was glad Lay did not set his eyes on any other lady. 

 

       "So that explains the chaos around." I remarked as we resumed our way to our classroom.

 

       "I guess so." He said. "You coming?"

 

       "No." I quickly replied. "I don't think I was invited."

 

       "It's a school affair, Krystal. Everyone is invited." He pointed out.

 

       "But still, I won't" I insisted. "I'd rather spend my time sleeping."

 

       "With me?" He playfully asked as he whispered in my ear. I saw a group of people bewilderedly looking at us as they saw Lay make a move on nearing to me. 

 

       "Lay!" I mouthed, shooting him with a threatening glare.

 

       "What?" He asked, continuing with his playful tease. "What is there to be so shy about? You even hugged me tight last night." He remarked, making me hang my mouth open in shock.

 

       I elbowed him as I got worried that somebody might have heard him and misinterepreted the wrong thing. Being the stubborn and playful side of him, he only let out a laughter.

 

 

        "Give me a few more minutes, class." The professor announced as soon as the bell rang, marking the end of the class.

 

       "Come on, I still have an exam for the next class." Lay whined on her seat, enough for only me and himself to hear.

 

       "It will not take too long. Chill." I told him.

 

       "I guess everyone was already well-informed and aware of the annual Acquaintance Party, which is to be held this Friday." She began. "Since it is a school affair, I will be giving incentives to those who will attend." She announced, earning a positive response for the party folks. "And of course, even more additional points will be given to the winners of special awards."

 

       "Weird." Lay uttered. "Is she nuts?"

 

       "Weirdest, I must say." I remarked, shaking my head in disbelief.

 

       "So, you coming?" Lay asked as we walked out of the classroom.

 

       "Let's see." I shrugged.

 

 

        The last class for that day was English, my favorite. Being the confident student on that exact subject, I managed to breeze off every second of it with full concentration and anticipation. Answering several points for that class, Park Jiyeon and Yoon Bomi shot glances of full despise and bitterness on me. Kang Jiyoung did not even lay an eye on me.

 

       "Hey, weirdo." Jiyeon blocked my way after the class. I literally wanted to step on her foot and pull her colored hair, but she was lucky enough that self-control had me back up.

 

       "What do you want?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow at her.

 

       "Are you coming to this Friday's party?" She said in a mocking tone. "You don't need to bother with what to wear. I can lend you a few of my old clothes." She gave emphasis to the word 'old'. "And so that you won't need to ask some money from your sugar daddy anymore." She added more insult as she referred to Lay. To be honest, I was already used to her, mocking me every single instance we met. When she broght Lay into the scenario, however, I knew I just couldn't let her win.

 

       "Oh really?" I remarked. "I actually have no plan to borrow those old clothes of yours. I don't want to look old, like the way you do." I gave the same mocking emphasis to the word, bringing fire onto her eyes.

 

       "What did you say?" Bomi butted in, in defense of her friend and in hope of giving back their defeat in the verbal war we were having.

 

       "Do I really need to repeat what I just said?" I turned to her. "You heard me right, Bomi. And just a piece of advice, lessen that make up of yours. You look like you're attending a carnival parade." I eyed her, making her hang in shock.

 

        That was one thing I learned since I got to be with Lay. I learned to stand up for myself, especially from people who bring me down. And one more thing - I realized my worth, that I am worth the love, especially as he have loved me and yes, I can feel that it's genuine. 

 


 

author's note

I am happy that you continue droppingsuch positive feedbacks.

I am also thankful that more are subscribing and I get to receive upvotes.

Thank you so much! :))