Chapter 33

Miss No Label

 

Miss No Label

   C H A P T E R   T H I R T Y - T H R E E   

 



POV:

 

 

 

        Another day went by too swiftly - too quick for me to catch up. Saturday was finally on the very air of my consciousness, and I could not help but tense up. Plus, I was sleep and exhausted. The night before, I got to work, considering I won't be present during the weekends. Good thing Kris allowed me to. That was the benefit of having the boss as your longtime friend. After work, he even drove me back to Jiyoung's apartment. 

 

       When I arrived, Jiyoung was already tightly asleep. As for me, it took me hours to get to bed. I was so nervous, that I felt my whole body shaking in tension. China was a far place, a whole new country for me. I never even thought I could go there, especially with Lay.

 

       Talking about Lay, he arrived an to fetch me at Jiyoung's an hour earlier than planned. Speak about being excited, huh. 

 

       "Hey, your too-excited-to-have-you-all-by-himself guy came earlier then expected." Jiyoung told me as she helped me zip my trolley.

 

       I laughed. "He's just too jiffy excited to go home, Jiyoung. It's been months anyway."

 

       "Come on, I'm cool about it, Krystal." She snapped. "I know that you know what I'm talking about."

 

       "What?" I raised a brow. "Believe me, I have no idea."

 

       "Protection." She blurted out clearly. "I'm talking about protection. You know, hormones are unpredictable."

 

       I slapped her arm and shut . Lay was at the living room and I could not affort to get humiliated, especially that we had to travel together. Seriously, Jiyoung needed some clip on her tongue. "What are you talking about? Your dirty mind is..."

 

       "Come on, don't be shy. We're friends, so you can tell me everything." She nodded teasingly. "Oh goodness' sake, Krystal, if he's good in bed, please do find out if he has a brother. And yeah, of course so I can have him." 

 

       I shook my head in insane mentality. "You're impossible, Jiyoung. How could you? We're not..."

 

        She groaned. "Whatever. Just take my word." She smiled cheekily. "Protection."

 

       She got another slap in the arm from me. This time, more serious.

 

       

 

 

 

 

        "Hey, Yixing." Jiyoung was hyper for the morning. "I trust you to protect my best friend, okay?" She winked as she put emphasis to the awkward and seemed to be misplaced word.

 

       "That I'll be making sure." He nodded. Oh, for heavens' sake. Did I just sense Lay getting the whole point Jiyoung wanted?

 

       "Good." Jiyoung remarked.

 

       "Ready to go, princess?" Lay turned to me with a tiny yet obvious smirk, probably because of Jiyoung's tease.

 

       

 

       

        I was silent and the car, and so was he. Without Jiyoung's lively character, we were two pieces of muted souls. I can tell he was tensed up too.

 

        As we got to the airport, I got a bit lost. It had been a long time since I traveled to another country and besides, I had Lay to depend on anyway. He had a hand on my waist all the while, making me feel secured. I followed him wherever he went until all we had to do was take a seat and wait for our departure.

 

       "Nervous, princess?" He kissed my head. I was seriously uncomfortable with such kind of affection in a public place. Good thing, the airport was not too packed.

 

       I nodded. "Yes. I was not even able to sleep last night."

 

       "Same for me." He my hair. "Never been this nervous before."

 

       "Why are you nervous?" I questioned, taking my hunches as a cue. I have always felt Lay still had something kept as a mystery to me - something that might affect my self-esteem as we get to China and meet his family. It made me even more tensed knowing my intuitions are almost always exact. "Is it because of me, meeting your family?"

 

       "Yes and no." He replied. "Yes, I'm nervous of things getting too complicated for you. I told you my life has always been some mess, right? BUt no, I'm not really nervous because I'm letting them meet the girl I love - the Krystal both Lay and Yixing loves."

 

       I seriously went from nervous to giddy when he flaunted his beautifully and should I say, scholarly woven words of his. I could not help but curve my lips into a genuine smile as I heard him.

 

        I leaned my head on his shoulder as he rested his in mine. "Changsha, I heard, is a really nice place."

 

       "It is." He replied. "Wonderful, actually."

 

       "You'll tour me around, right? China is too big, so at least Changsha, that is." 

 

       He chuckled. "Let's zoom it in to our town. In that case, the tour would be possible and attainable without going back to Seoul with muscle cramps and exhausted bodies." 

 

        "Changsha is even large?" I was amazed. "Oh, and your sister, I'm excited to meet her."

 

       "She's more excited to meet you." Lay remarked proudly. "She called me last night just to remind me of our flight. She did not even ask if I have packed my bags. Instead, she asked if you have packed yours."

 

       I chucked in flattery. I have sensed a warm sister from Lay's stories. I have always wanted to meet her.

 

       "She even volunteered to book a room for us." Lay said, making me surprised.

 

       "Book a room?" I asked. "So we're not staying at your house?"

 

       "It's going to be too noisy and chaotic in there. A few guests shall sleep over for the night, especially mama's friends. I want privacy for teh both of us, you know."

 

       I was speechless. Was this what Jiyoung was talking about? After all, Jiyoung's intuition is as good as mine - even better. Tension arised. Protection. The word echoed in my mind.

 

       "Why are you silent?" Lay snapped.

 

       "You can leave me there, and you can sleep at your house. You miss your family anway, right?" 

 

       He chuckled. "I'm staying with you, princess. End of discussion." He tilted my head and whispered in my ear. "Don't worry, I did not take Jiyoung's suggestion seriously. Just tell me if you want to though." He looked at me with a naughty smile and winked.

 

        Oh gosh. Did I just blush? I wanted to slap myself.

 

       "Just kidding. I'll behave well. No worries." He pecked on my lips.

 


 

author's note
Sorry for the delayed update.
My mind is in chaos the past few days.
Key in your comments, okay?

And  please do check out my friend's story.
SAVED. <-- Laystal/Kristal story.
She's a better writer than I am and a newbie, so pls support her.

Thanks!
Comment, Upvote. Okay? ^^