Chapter 34

Miss No Label

 

Miss No Label

   C H A P T E R   T H I R T Y - F O U R   

 



POV:

 

 

 

        It had been months since I breathed the air of my homeland, but I was not psyched to spending much time at all. In fact, I wanted to go back to Seoul the very minute we arrived. As for Krystal, however, her excitement was very visible. She seemed to have forgotten how nervous she was or that we were supposed to be on my family's party that night. 

 

       "Ooooh. Changsha!" She exclaimed as she linked her arms around my left one.

 

       "Excited to tour around, princess?" I asked.

 

       "Of course." She nodded with a wide smile - a smile I hope would never fade. "It's my first time here, you know."

 

        "There he is." I snapped as I saw a recognizable figure of a man not very far from where we were.

 

       "Who?" Krystal wondered.

 

       "Mr. Huang!" I called, shifting my tongue into my native language. "How have you been?" Mr. Huang have been the family's trusted man even before I came into the Zhang family. He was the person my father had always put his trust on, be it on personal or business necessities. In the same way, my trust in him formed into one that had been so strong. At such a time when I did not know what to expect, he was the person I knew I could count on to.

 

       "Very well, young master." He nodded. "And the lady must be the one that you and the young lady talked about." 

 

       I nodded. "That's right. I guess jiejie have already gossiped everything about us."

 

       He let out a low laugh.

 

       Krystal, on the other hand, was with no doubt confused with what we were saying. After all, everything around her was novel and foreign. "Princess..." I caught her attention as I held her by her waist. "Meet Mr. Huang. He's a very trusted man in our family." 

 

       "Nice to meet you Mr. Huang." She awkwardly extended her hand. 

 

       Despite not have understood what was said, Mr. Huang took her hand for a polite shake. Shaking of hands in introduction was international after all -  or universal, I must say.

 

        "I don't mean to interrupt such good atmosphere for your trip and Miss Krystal's, but I have to relay my message to you, young master." He began, snapping me back to the reality I had to face. "Miss Feng Sara told me to let you know that you should give her a call once you arrive."

 

       I nodded in recognition. Krystal, having been in comprehension of Sara's name, looked at me in curiosity. I simply flashed a smile on her and signalled her to go inside the car. 

 

       "See you tonight, young master." Mr. Huang said as he left.

 

       As soon as we were settled, Krystal, as expected, began with the interrogation in basis of her curiosity. "Is Sara going to be there tonight?"

 

       I nodded. "Yes, she is."

 

       "Really? At least I know already know two people." She adjusted on her seat, as if uncomfortable and back in her tension. "I don't know if I've told you before, but..." She paused, and I knew where the conversation is heading to. "I have told you that I think she... uh... the way she looks at you is so different... I've told you that, right? She looks..." I waited for her to finish her statement despite knowing what issue would fill up. "She looks in love... with you."

 

       I kept my eyes on the road. "Yeah, you've told me that. About twice or thrice." 

 

       "Yeah." She cleared . "Well, just saying."

 

       "I don't think I've already asked you why you think so." I took a quick glance on her. She was fidgeting with her fingers and was slouching her back on her seat, a signal that something was bothering her.

 

       "Well... Let's just say, I'm a girl so I know." She replied.

 

       "It would not have mattered. You're the only one I look at anyway." I ensured her, and to my luck, I can say I succeeded.

 

       "I'm glad to hear that from you." She chuckled. 

 

       The moment we arrived at the room my sister booked for us, Krystal's eyes widened in awe. As expected for a luxurious and elegant sister like mine, she chose the presidential suite which was far beyond my expectation. 

 

       "We're staying here?" Krystal aksed with wide eyes as she looked around.

 

       "Yes. Just appropriate for my princess." I told her as I pulled her into an embrace with her back facing me.

 

       "My prince is so fond of luxury, huh?" She remarked, taking one of my hand and played with my fingers. "This must have cost you a lot. You could have chose a normal... or uh, an ordinary room and it would not have mattered to me."

 

        I turned her around and kissed her forehead. "My sister chose this for you. She herself thinks you deserve such luxury. You're priceless. This is nothing compared to what I'm willing to do for you."

 

       She giggled for a while, yet as if by a snap, her face darkened for a bit. "I worry a bit when you say such sweet words. I don't know why."

 

       Krystal does have some strong intuitive sense. I can't decide on whether it was a good thing or more of a negative thing.

 

       Not wanting to dwell in such topic, I pulled her to come with me and led her to the bedroom. "It's going to be a long night. Let's get some nap." I told her as we comfortably positioned ourselves on the king-sized bed. "Besides, I missed cuddling with you since you moved out. It was hard getting myself to sleep since then."

 

       She chuckled, her breath warm on my neck. I tightened my hold on her, familiarizing my feel with her embrace. I hated to admit, but I felt the need to cherish the moment I had with her. I hated to put in mind, but the worst case scenario might play its course upon us. It pained me to think of such sentiments, but I could not help but do so. 

 

       "Promise me you'll always trust me." I whispered in her ear.

 

       "Always." She replied.

 

       "I love you." If I could tell her how much I do in millions of utterances, I could have done so.

 

       "I love you, too." She rested her head on my chest as she closed her eyes. "Will tonight be a fairytale, Lay? If it is, I hope midnight will not play tricks again... just like last time."

 

       I hoped so, too. I could not be so sure though... and it pained me to be so unsure. I wanted to secure her so badly... so badly that it hurts that being his prince was so uncertain. Just like my princess' plea, I wished midnight will not take on its typical curse.