Chapter 20

Miss No Label

 

Miss No Label

   C H A P T E R    T W E N T Y   

 



POV:

 

 

 

 

        The day went by too swiftly, that I did not even notice that it was getting into evening. Krystal and I achieved the so-called quality time we needed, in consideration that it would be the last day of what we called living together. We were seated at the bed as I sing a song for her while I strum my guitar. 

 

       "You didn't even tell me you know how to play the guitar." She pouted. "If not for that night at the party, I wouldn't have known."

 

       "You did not ask. That's why." I reasoned out.

 

       "Okay, you got a point there." She nodded. "You're really good. One more song?" She put a thumb up and did her aegyo kind of smile, in hope to allure me. Needless to say, it worked. 

 

       One more song, and she was already lying on the bed with her eyes locked on my fingers as they strum the grey lines. 

 

       "One more." She demanded as I finished another song.

 

       "Come on, Krystal." I uttered as I laid down beside her after I put aside my guitar. "My vocal cord and my fingers are of the wear-and-tear kind, so I can't grant you another song for tonight."

 

       "Is that so?" Her face darkened. "I loved listening to your songs though."

 

       "I'll sing you to sleep every night and anytime you like me to, given the condition that you won't leave." I told her as I inched closer to her face.

 

       "Sorry. I've made up my mind." She insisted. "Believe me, this would be for the best."

 

       "I don't even see it as a good thing. What more could make it the best?"

 

       "I don't think I can ever repay you. I'll be forever in debt." She said as her expression turned very serious. "I don't think I can ever forget Zhang Yixing. I always wonder about that side of yours, Lay."

 

       "The one who strummed the guitar and sang to you..." I told her to somehow fairly reveal a part of the real me to her. "That was Zhang Yixing."

 

       "So, I'm talking to Yixing right now? Not Lay?" She questioned with a smile.

 

       "Both Yixing and Lay." I said, obviously making her confused. "You're the first girl I sang to, Krystal. Well, except for my preschool teacher who taught those funny nursery rhymes, of course."

 

       She chuckled, perhaps happy to find out. "The first? You never sang to a girl before?"

 

        I shook my head, being in all honesty to her. "I never had."

 

       "You never sang to her?" She asked. "To the first one." It caught me off guard that Krystal bluntly and almost casual-soundingly asked about it, but I was glad I had nothing to keep about that.

 

       "No." I replied. "Many have heard me sing, perhaps, like Sara, my collegues, my mother, but not like the one I did with you."

 

       "What was the difference?" She asked in full anticipation.

 

        My fingers played with the strands of her hair, as her vanilla scent dominated my senses. "They heard Lay. You heard Yixing."

 

       "Would that be a bad thing or a good thing?" She asked endlessly.

 

       "Good thing, of course."

 

       "Then what's the difference with the way Lay and Yixing sings?" 

 

        I sighed deeply, finding it a bit awkward or rather domineering to dwell in such topic. Seeing the obvious anticipation and curiosity in the eyes in front of mine, however, I knew I should give it a try. "Lay sings to impress. Yixing sings to..." I paused to catch a breath and to gaze at her eyes which were shot straight to mine. "Yixing sings to express."

 

       "I still don't get much of the whole scenario with Yixing, but I'm glad you disclosed to me." She said as she flashed her genuinely addicting smile, poking my dimple several times. "I won't bug you to tell me more. I'll get to know Yixing more little by little."

 

        I let out a nod.

 

       "Thank you." She uttered.

 

       "For what?" I asked, not knowing what her gratitude was for.

 

       "For the trust." She replied. "You disclosed to me, so that means you trust me, right?"

 

       I nodded. "I always do."

 

       "Is Sara Yixing's or Lay's best friend?" She asked once again.

 

       "I don't know." I shrugged. "Lay, I guess."

 

       "But she calls you Yixing." She pointed out. "I'm getting confused."

 

       "Basically, you're the only person I showed Yixing to." I told her. Those words came out almost be default; they were not within my mind's control. Perhaps it was Yixing speaking, not Lay.

 

       "Really?" Her eyes glowed.

 

       "Yes." I let Yixing speak with ease and freedom. "That would be the case, given that only those who are in my life right now were included."

 

      "Wait. Wait. Wait." She uttered. "Those in your life right now? What do you mean by that? You exclude other people in your life?"

 

       "They excluded me in theirs." I replied despite hoping that Krystal did not hear it, but with the attentive ears she had, my words were clearly audible.

 

       "How can you say that?" She questioned.

 

       "You'll get to know Yixing little by little. Little by little, Krystal. That's what you said." I reminded her, realizing she wanted more and more answers as the conversation progressed.

 

       "Sorry." She uttered. "I was just carried away, I guess."

 

       "My life is more complicated than those mystery and thriller films on television." I stated. 

 

       She nodded. "I think so, too."

 

       "It is."

 

       "One last question." She snapped.

 

       "No. Let's sleep." I tried to get away.

 

       "Last one. Please?" She pleaded. "Last. I promise it's the very last for tonight."

 

       "No."

 

       "Please?" She gave me a peck on my lips, making me easily surrender just like that.

 

       "You're unbelievable." I told her with a chuckle.

 

       "One last question?" She asked again.

 

       "Last one." I agreed.

 

       "Why is it hard for you to talk about Yixing? To be exact, to me." She straightforwardly said as she got even more attentive-looking.

 

       "Because..." I thought of what rationalization to speak of, only to be interrupted by the sudden shift of my eloquent sort of ego. Not that I have a dissociative identity disorder, but I just wished for too long that Yixing was not real. In most times, however, Yixing seemed to be more domineering, especially in speech - particularly with Krystal. "Nobody really likes Yixing. I'm afraid you won't be able to see Yixing as you do with Lay." Those words came too sudden that I myself was caught off guard and grew embarrassed. "Okay, that was blunt."

 

       "I think I heard Yixing speak for that." She uttered, being the wise one that she always was. "And you know what, I think there's something in Yixing that's really, really, really - I mean, extremely-" She paused to smile at me. "Lovable."

 

       I knew at that very moment, Yixing was lurking at my very veins. Contrary to usual instances, I was not trying to get rid of him anymore. 

 

 


author's note

Double update for today ^^

I just though of giving you some SNEAK PEAK of the Zhang Yixing that Lay keeps.

I'll be attending a cousin's wedding tomorrow, so I can't promise to update.

I'll try my very best though.

Pardon me for typographical errors. I have not proof read this yet.

SUBSCRIBE. COMMENT. UPVOTE.

Thank You!

 

Oh, and by the way,

I'm planning to add an exo member for a new character.

Comment the member you would like to uggest ^^