Seven - It doesn't matter anymore

The Girl You Left Behind

{Seven}

 *P.S. I made some changes, you might want to read it again ^^*

You adopted a new tactic. You would push him away whenever you meet him, be it physically or mentally.


If he went north, you would go south. If he went east, you would go west. If that brought away from him, you would do anything to make that happen.

Your heart screamed no at that idea, but you pushed those feelings away with him too. You did not want to get hurt, again.

It was lunch break and you made your way to the cafeteria with Hayoung, linking arms. You two bought some food and sat at the corner area, which was by far the best area you liked in the cafeteria.

"So how is life?" Hayoung started, digging into her pasta.

"How bad can I be?" was all you reply. You never want Hayoung to know that the new student, Luhan, the catalyst of your situation has come back.

"I should have expected," Hayoung chuckled, "how can bad can the unbeatable cockroach, Choi Hyojin be?"

You happily nodded but seconds later, you noticed the insult. You glared at her and she laughed more, amused at her own joke and more amused at your priceless expression.

"You little piece of..." You trailed off before launching an attack on Hayoung by taking Hayoung's meatballs from her plate.

"Noooooo!" Hayoung saw you quickly put the meatballs into your mouth and noisily chewed the meatballs before making a face, smirking at your victory.

"You are disgusting." Hayoung sighed and indignantly remarked.

You smiled sickly and sing-sang, "Still your best friend..." Hayoung pulled a face at your childish behaviour and muttered a "choding" under her breath.

Hayoung and you were having fun talking and chatting before a shy boy slowly inched to your table.

"Eh, Hyojin-sshi," he started. You faced him.

"I am Gyuhoon, from class 207. I noticed you for a while and I reallylikeyou!" He finished so quickly you almost did not catch what he said. He handed a nicely handmade card, probably a gift to you.

"Will you go out with me?" He slowly asked, afraid at your reaction and answer.

Everyone in the cafeteria was eyeing you now, anticipating your decision.

You thought for a while to yourself. This would be your seventh relationship in this year, you thought. But did it matter? Not really, you thought.

You were about to accept the card and agree before a hand caught your hand and stopped you. You turned to the intruder who turned out to be none other than Luhan.

Everyone gasped and the whole cafeteria grew silent, awaiting for the messy situation to unfold.

You rolled your eyes at everyone's reaction and threw a glare at Luhan. Luhan stared back at you so tensely that you could literally see his doe orbs grow darker.

Before you knew it, you were dragged away from the cafeteria and disappearing into the classroom block.

Everyone turned to your direction and some tried to peer at what was going on. Hayoung could not take the attention for you and shouted at them to mind their own business.

Hayoung was not one to mess with, and everyone quickly decided to lower their heads and continue eating their food.

Hayoung smiled and quietly apologised on your behalf at the shy boy who now turned into a crying heap of mess before getting escorted to the washroom by his friends.

Luhan grabbed your wrist tightly and pulled you away from the cafeteria to the lockers. Your wrist started to hurt and you tried to fling him away, but only to find him tightening his hold.

"Oww,oww,oww!" You cried out and Luhan turned back to see you wincing in pain. He could not help but feel guilty for hurting you this way and quickly let go of your arm.

You turned your heels and tried to run only to find your arms getting pulled back again, this time with less force. You turned to him and threw him a glare.

"What do you want?" You sharply asked.

"What do you think you are doing?" He asked instead.

You eyed him.

"Are you going to accept him?" He asked again.

"Thank you for pointing out the obvious, Captain Obvious!" You sarcastically said.

"You hardly know him!" He pointed out.

"Time will let me know him." You retorted.

"You don't even like him." He said again.

"What makes you so sure?" You challenged.

"Stop lying to yourself..." He softly said.

You looked at him, straight into his eyes. Something about him always made you be honest. You could not lie in front of him. It would always fail, from the kiddish you to the present you. He always had the effect.

You sighed, and lowered your head, staring into the floor. 

"I just want to make him happy. If accepting makes him and others happy, I will do it..." You said in a barely audible voice.

"What about you?" He softly asked. He was well aware of your infamous reputation in school. It was not hard to find out. Eavesdropping and a little asking did the trick. He knew all about your little relationships and how you were teased, insulted and accused.

The atmosphere became awfully and eerily quiet. You could not look up to face him.

"What about your feelings?" He asked again, shaking your arms. You slowly stared at him. Tears threatened to fall out, but you held them back in.

"It does not matter. Not anymore. " you softly said before prying his hand away from your arm. You took to your heels and ran anywhere, you did not care.

You ran to the nearest bathroom and locked the door. You stared at yourself in the mirror. You crazily messed up your hair in frustration and cried and cried.

"Why do you have to do this to me? Why do you have to come back?" You cried out to yourself.

"Why do you have to come back and mess up my life?"

Luhan stayed rooted at the same spot, digesting your answer. He slowly slid down the wall to his knees and lowered his head with his hands grabbing his hair.

"Why are you doing this to yourself? Tell me why, Hyojin. Tell me why?" He thought to himself.

Author's Note :

Just a little compensation for my lack of update >< A longer chapter I hope. I heard some comments and agreed that a faceless/partially faced Hyojin will be better for this story. Thank you so much for answering me and noticing I'm alive! :D Sorry that the story now is a little drama, I assure you that it will die down in the next few chapters ^^ Comment and subscribe and enjoy~