Twenty - Why are you like this?

The Girl You Left Behind

{Twenty}

*note* :Italic are thoughts of the characters ^^ 

 

 

 

"What is your name?" You started. 
 
"What makes you think that you can get it easily?" He countered. 
 
"Oh, come on! Don't make this hard for me!" You whined a little. He chuckled. 
 
"Name's Kai, if you're really lucky, you can get my actual name," he said, not forgetting to wink at the end. 
 
You smiled. 
 
Kai, not a bad name. 
 
"Kai...?" You sounded, then straightened yourself, "Nice to meet you Kai!" You said brightly. 
 
He did not know why but the way the world rolled off your tongue sounded extra pleasing to him.
 
"Might as well take her home and make her say your name again and again" his inner voice said. 
 
"Do you even know what you are saying?" He rebutted the voice back. 
 
"Hey, its really obvious that you like her alright?" The voice replied. 
 
"It's not a like! Oh my god, I just met her like what, 3 days ago?" He countered frustratedly. 
 
"Oh well, you can't deny that she is appealing to you right?" The voice said, with a smirking tone. 
 
"That's a good point. Wait what the hell am I saying? I just find her interesting! Fine I give up talking to you!" He muttered under his breath. 
 
"You're me and I'm you. Now stop talking to yourself and talk to that beautiful lady instead." The voice said. 
 
Watching his little inner struggle with himself, you raised an eyebrow at him, chuckling softly. 
 
This guy is really interesting, you thought. 
 
You studied his features like a researcher. 
 
His olive skin, bright brown eyes(if that makes sense), high bridge nose and pouty lips. 
 
Check, check, check, you checked the mental list you put up named "Attractive Features of All Time". 
 
"What the hell are you doing, Hyojin! You're supposed to be sad about Luhan and you are checking the other male species out now? Such a flirt..." Your brain  subconsciously pushed an alarm in your mind.  
 
You quickly snapped out of your thoughts and before giving a light smile and focused on talking to the beautiful masterpiece of the male species in front of you. 
 
~~~
 
Luhan wandered around the streets of Seoul. It was after school anyway and he had nothing to do. You were not here to accompany him since your mutual 'breakup'. 
 
He sighed for the umpteenth time as he looked around in his surroundings, going to wherever his converse shoes took him. 
 
Clothing shop after clothing shop, cosmetic store after cosmetic store, everything just look so boring to Luhan.  He was getting a little tired and he needed a rest soon. He was not used to walking so much. 
 
"A coffee and some bread will be nice..." He thought as he pulled his hoodie up and his dazed eyes scanned around. 
 
A small sign lighted up at a corner of the street. A light smile played across his thin lips. 
 
The bell chimed as he went through the door. The smell of coffee and pastries wafted around the cafe. He walked towards the counter where a friendly staff greeted him, Luhan smiled back which the staff fangirled a little. 
 
He almost wanted to shoot a judgemental look to her, but he decided not to since its rude. 
 
"One mocha Frappe and a cinnamon bun please," Luhan ordered. His eyes scanned around the cafe as he was finding a place to settle himself down. 
 
His eyes caught a presence with long hair near the window. Her long wavy hair rested beautifully on her petite shoulders, caramel frappe in her hands, half finished. He squinted a little more to get a clearer view, a light blue denim spiked bag rested on the floor beside her. 
 
"That looks like Hyojin's bag..." He thought, as he looked a little more clearly. It was his childhood friend, but with another person. 
 
Another guy. 
 
A very attractive guy in fact. 
 
Luhan's chest suddenly clenched to the point it physically hurt. He felt little. His lips pressed into a straight line as he forced his eyes to look away. 
 
"What am I feeling?" He thought. 
 
"Must be heartburn, had too much dokkbukki for lunch just now..." He answered his own question. 
 
"Hey, uh Miss?" He sounded. 
 
"Yes, Sir?" The staff happily chirped, as if hoping that he would strike up a conversation with her. 
 
"Takeaway, please." He said as politely he possibly could. 
 
 
Author's Note
 
Yo whaddup! It's me again, really sorry for the late update, I had the chapter pre-written but I didn't get to upload it! 
 
Oh and yes! Almighty is actually Kai! I just want to say that Kris is actually a side character, more like Luhan's confider so he will not get much showtime until later... So yay? 
 
Remember to comment and subscribe! :3