Six - Just my luck

The Girl You Left Behind

{Six}

 

Another day in school, you groaned and dreaded. You dragged your feet across the pavement as you made your way to the classrooms.


Luhan got ready for his first day of school. He was excited to feel the vibe of good ol' Korean schools and also, you. He made his way quickly to the office to take his necessary documents.

He stepped into the cool office, amazed at how neat the interior was. He was gestured by the Principal's secretary into one of the rooms.

"Woah...." Luhan could not help but gasp at the orderliness of the office. He was not a neat person to begin with, thus any amount of orderliness never failed to top his charts.

"Here are your documents," the Principal, Mr Jin passed a stack of papers to him,"Your homeroom is 205. I know you are a year older but since you transferred back to Korea, I think its good for you to repeat a year so that you are familiar with the syllabus here."

Mr Jin smiled slightly, which Luhan unconsciously nodded a little. Mr Jin chuckled at the unconscious act and said,"Relax and anyways, have fun in Joochun High alright?"

Luhan smiled brightly at him and answered,"Dae!"


In homeroom 205, you tapped your fingers on the table as you waited for the class to start. The rumors were still going round, but you could not care less. You were tired, tired of explaining that you were innocent. They would not believe you anyways. All you could do was to tune out the hurtful rambles about you. It was the only thing you could do.

Footsteps were heard and in came the homeroom teacher, Miss Jung. She sauntered in with her high heels clicking behind her and behind him wad a brown haired boy. His doe eyes seemed unsettlingly familiar to you. You ignore that feeling and just looked down as you felt a sudden surge of fatigue.

Miss Jung cleared , and the whole class became dead silent in less than a second. You laid your head on the table

"Class, today we will have a new student," Miss Jung gestured to the shy boy beside her, "allow him to introduce himself."

"Uhm, hello..." The boy spoke. His korean was not the best, you could tell he has been away for a long time.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, my name is Xi..."

Your ears perked up. Xi? Same surname too? What was happening?

"Xi.... Lu... Han. " he finished.

A wave of emotions hit you. You slowly raise your head to meet his eyes. He was looking at you. How did he know you? It has been 10 years. 10 long freaking years.

You darted your head down seconds later, eyeing your book so hard that it might bore holes.

"He came back, he came back..." Your head chanted. You tried to keep your cool, but you could not help but fidget.

A thunderous applause brought you back to reality. The next thing you knew, the empty seat beside you had been filled by none other than Luhan. You winced inwardly as you tried not to face him. Should you bombard him why he left you at that time? So many questions ran through your head.

"Xi Luhan," he reintroduced himself to you. He was hoping that name could ring a bell in your head. Little did he know he rang millions of humongous bells in your head to the point that it hurt.

"I know, you just said that. " you snapped back at him, immediately regretting your action moments later. Luhan kept quiet, and then quietly whispered, "What is your name?"

You felt an imaginary gun shot straight into you. He forgotten...? You huffed, and snapped, "For me to know and for you to find out." Satisfied with your answer, you focused back to Miss Jung's endless blabbering.

"Hyojin, can you please answer this question?" Miss Jung threw the question directly at you.

Crap, you thought. "D-dae," you croaked out. From a corner of your eye, you could see Luhan smirk and you felt hopeless.

Luhan was confused. He could not judge whether you remembered him or not. So he decided to play dumb and asked for your name. He did see a flash of emotions in your eyes but they quickly disappeared. Your response was short and hurtful, you were not the same cheerful girl from before. He was really confused.

Seeing that you brought your focus back into class, he could not help but stare at you. You changed but not that much. You have grown into a beautiful woman, he thought. Then he felt creeped out by himself as he looked at you like some creepy stalker. So he decided to pay attention in class too.

 

 

Author's Note :

Sorry that I was late in posting this update! >< I do hope you guys liked it or maybe you would not even care but thank you for reading this ^^ By the way, do you like the idea of Hyojin being faceless/partial faceless? Or will you rather her to have a face? (which makes it easier for me to source for pictures... :/) What do you think? Anyways, not bad for a first meeting right? Do look forward and don't forget to comment and subscribe! :D