Twenty Six

The Girl You Left Behind

NOTE: I SWEAR I NEED TO SAVE MY WORK BECAUSE APPARENTLY I NEVER LEARNT MY LESSON. I WAS ALMOST DONE WITH THIS CHAPTER FOR YOU GUYS BUT ARGH IT WENT TO THE PREVIOUS PAGE ITSELF. OH MY GOD I'M ABOUT SET FIRE IN THIS HERE. BUT IM REWRITING FOR YOU GUYS BC I LOVE YOU <3 


{26}

 

Luhan and you did not know how long have you two been in this position for, your head laid on Luhan's shoulder, his arms swung protectively around you. Your eyes were close, your breath calm, seeminingly asleep but you were not. You were really about to fall asleep in this comfortable warmth until a loud crash near behind the staircase wall was heard. The broom by the janitor's closet crashed into the floor as the strong wind nudged its way.

Your heart almost stopped working for a moment when you looked around warily, afraid to get caught. It was not like you and Luhan were doing anything wrong and would risk getting caught red-handed. You two were not even doing anything! Luhan caught you finched at the sound, before placing his hand against your back, rubbing smooth circles, making you relax almost instantaneously. 

Soon, the rubbing became tapping. Your head raise to meet Luhan's. His hand now instinctively laced with yours, before getting up and pulling you up with him.

"Let's walk home," He simply said, before pulling you to match his pace. You shakily nodded.

 


You two stepped onto the streets of Seoul, walking side by side on the path towards your house. The day was windy, not too cold and not too hot for your liking. Autumn was perfect.

Not sure if its Autumn that was perfect or that flawless human being holding your hand.

No, Luhan was not perfect. Never perfect. Autumn was perfect, not him. Your checks glowed pink as you fight with yourself in your mind, and it was a little cool. Oblivious to your inner turmoil, Luhan grasped your hand tighter while pulling you closer, as a pair who passed by a little too close to prevent collision. Your heart leaped as his hold got tighter, then you scolded yourself for being too paranoid and sensitive.

After winding a few paths and roads, your house came into view. You sighed in relief, relieved that your heart did not have to take on any fluttering feeling in the guts. You gave a light smile before breathing out, "I'm home." Luhan looked at you with gentle eyes.

"Oh....." 

"Wait, how did you even know where my house is? Did you stalk me?" You exclaimed.

"Don't you remember?" Luhan chuckled.

[Adapted from Chapter 3]

You reached home and saw your mum. She gave a little quick hey, then you realised you have guests.

"Hyojin-ah, say hi to the guests," Your mother started off, "This is..." You gave a polite nod and a quick greeting before running off to your room. You only had a brief glance of them before taking off. You were shy and never liked strangers.

Your mum never completed her sentence before you ran off to your room. She sighed and sheepishly smiled at the guests as she reached for her cup of drink.

"So you and your mum were the guests? I didn't know." You realised, letting out a chuckle.

"Obviously you won't know, you ran up as soon as you stepped in the house, not even sparing a glance at me, I'm so sad..." Luhan mused, purposely sticking his bottom lip up. You laughed at his childishness while using your free hand to cover your mouth.

"Anyways, thank you for sending me hom—"

The door opened, startling the both of you. Your mother stood by the door, at first surprised to see the both of you together. The last time she noticed, Chio Hyojin and Xi Luhan were not that chummy with each other. She scanned the both of you up and down with squinted eyes, eyes lingering at the clasped hands, before letting out an amused smirk.

You, as if noticing your mother's intense radar, quickly unlaced your fingers from Luhan's, missing the quick pout on his face and his disappointed eyes. You too, feeling your cheeks getting hotter as you thought of the amount of time your fingers laced with his for so long. The gesture seemed so comfortable. Your mother, of course did not miss that out and let out a huge face-splitting smile that you could feel her cheeks would hurt to Luhan as he stared nervously back, rubbing the back of his neck to ease the awkward tension. 

Your eyebrows rose quizzably at your mother, not understanding the weird exchange you just seen between her and Luhan. Nonetheless, you waved Luhan goodbye as he waved back enthusiastically and had a huge soft smile on his face. You saw him walking away, from your front pouch..... to the next house?

You walked into the house comfortably, spotting a small smile on your face. Your mother sat at the dinner table, looking amusingly at you. You mouthed a 'What?' to her, which she threw an even more amused look to you.

"What was that about?"

"What?"

"You and Luhan...?"

"Nothing happened, Mum."

"Do I need to call Mrs Xi to clarify?"

"No, don't!"

"Do I hear wedding bells ringing?"

"Mum, no! I can't be bothered with you..." You huffed as you ran upstairs, closing the door as you still heard your mother's maniac laughter. 

You ducked your face into the pillow to calm yourself and your flaming cheeks and mumbled something incoherent of 'Mum is just making fun of me'. Your phone beeped and you went to check the message that arrived.

Xi Luhan (• — •) 

That's right, I lived next door! ^^ Aren't you glad? Are you surprised? Can... we walk to school together tomorrow?

You felt the corners of your mouth tugging upwards as your cheeks glowed back to the same colour previously. With fingers dancing across your phone screen and humming one of your favourite songs. You replied.

Hyojin:

Sure ^^

 

 


Author's Note :

This is the gift I can give you guys for reaching 50 subscribers (other than the gifs). Not sure if this chapter is a disappointment or not, but this is fluffier than the last 25 chapters I have posted. Wow, this may be the fluffiest. Hahaha, by the way, I want to know if you guys are interested in a Q&A session with me or not, or maybe my subscriber base is too small? Not very sure, but if you have questions for me, ask away! If I collected enough questions, I will post a blogpost of the answers.

If not, as always 

COMMENT

SUBSCRIBE

UPVOTE

:D