Sixteen - Over?

The Girl You Left Behind

 

{Sixteen}

 
You felt your handphone buzz in your pocket as you walk down the corridors to the next class. Puzzled, you took out your phone and opened the message. 
 
Luhan: 
 
Wanna go for a date later? MY TREAT :3
 
You smiled at the message and then quickly wiped off the grin on your face as you judged yourself in the middle of the hallway. With that, your fingers unknowingly danced across your smartphone screen. 
 
Hyojin:
 
Sure. Meet you outside the gate? Im looking forward!
 
Okay, the last part was a lie. You wanted to avoid spending time with him as much as possible. 
 
The longer it is, the harder you fall. 
 
You scoffed and shook your head to wake yourself and continued your way to the next classroom. 
 
'Poom!' A huge thud of books fell off your hands and on the floor as you accidentally dropped them as a shoulder banged into you rudely. 
 
You glared at the culprit and the culprit was just smirking at you and then attempted to walk off. 
 
He was pulled back seconds later, meeting your smirking face too. 
 
"Sorry to offend your parents in any way but, don't they teach you manners at all? Words like sorry?" You started. 
 
Although you were bullied in abstract things like love, normal concepts such as manners, you were the queen. 
 
The boy opened his mouth and before he could speak, "Seems like not, well I shall be nice and teach you some manners. When you hurt someone, say sorry. That's all." You finished as you quickly pick up your books and walk off, just like a boss. 
 
You flashed one last smile at him an never turned your head back ever again. You imagined his angry, red, pissed off face and giggled in your head.
 
"That girl's tough!" His friend chuckled looking at your backview. 
 
'Interesting one..' The culprit smirked. 
 
--
 
The rest of the day zoomed by as you walk to the gate. You saw Luhan there, standing like a supermodel for a magazine shoot. Perfect as always, you sighed and propped your backpack higher, and walked towards him. 
 
Once he spotted you, he flashed a bright smile and waved in big movements like a little kid. You swore your heart beat faster than usual as you flashed an awkward smile back and quickened your pace. 
 
Once you reached nearer, he ran towards you and hooked your arm into his, and brightly grinned at you. 
 
This sensation, was just plain weird. 
 
Pleasantly weird. 
 
Snap out of it Choi Hyojin
 
You looked up to him and smiled too. A genuine smile. 
 
"Where are we going, Luhan Oppa?" 
 
 
--
 
 
"Han River?" You stared at the river bank in front of you. It was now night time, and you two spent the whole afternoon walking around the mall, eating and playing at the arcade.  There were lights decorating the banks. You could not help but gape at the view across you. 
 
The water was calm and the whole atmosphere was just peaceful. There were some band playing indie music at a far corner, and also a few snack stalls at the park area. 
 
You did not sense the lack of presence as you sat down on one of the benches and propped your legs up to your chest and enjoyed the view in front of you. 
 
Hearing the waves, feeling the wind, you soon felt drowsy as you rest your head on your knees. 
 
As eyes drooped heavily, you gave in to the temptation and softly closed your eyes. 
 
Luhan took advantage of the chance to buy some famous buns as you spent your time admiring the view. When he returned, he saw no one at your spot. 
 
, where is Hyojin?
 
He looked around frantically until he spotted a girl with long black hair on the bench that remotely looked like you. 
 
"Hyo--" he called out as he ran towards the bench and came across the sleeping you. 
 
He stopped in his tracks and looked at the sleeping girl. 
 
Though there was not much light, the light properly illuminate your features. His eyes went to your straight flowing hair to the long lashes and then from your nose to your pink lips. 
 
He almost felt that the world stopped for a while as he looked at you. His heartbeat went a little faster as he continued to stare. 
 
Could this be? No, its just me after running for a while. 
 
Luhan shook his head to clear his thoughts. Clearing his throat, he reached his hand out. 
 
While somewhere in dreamland, you felt someone shook you. You seemed to hear soft whispers of 'Hyojin-ah'. 
 
'Sweet voice, I can hear it everyday' you thought. 
 
The voice got louder and louder as you realised that it was not a dream. You lazily opened one eye as you found yourself looking at a pair of round orbs. 
 
'Those eyes look familiar...' You thought. 
 
Realising it, you jolted awake and the full face of Luhan scared you. You took notice of the closeness as your cheeks tinted pink. You backed away as you looked at him, trying to make your cheeks turn back to the normal colour. 
 
"Why did I even sleep? I must be so embarrassing!" You grumbled in your mind as you tried to tame your flaming cheeks. 
 
Luhan chuckled at your silliness and took a seat beside you, handing you a bun. You muttered a simple and embarrassed thanks and looked straight ahead while eating the bun. 
 
You two ate in an awkward silence as you two only stared at the front, eating the bun. 
 
Luhan tried to make a conversation. 
 
"So, how's life in this ten years?" He spoke. 
 
You froze as you heard the question. 
 
'Bad.' you thought.
 
"It was okay.." You replied. "How was yours?" You asked. 
 
'Bad." Luhan thought. 
 
"It was hard adjusting at first, but it got fun, Canada is pretty great actually..." He replied. 
 
'Life must be fun without me huh?' You thought sadly but brushed that thought right away as you put on a smile. 
 
"Why did you leave? Without telling me?" Your curiosity was just killing you. 
 
Your tears threatened to fall out but you swallowed them back in. 
 
No, be strong Hyojin
 
Luhan paused for a split second, unable to think of an answer.
 
Yeah, why didn't he tell you?
 
"Because my family wanted to go there, and I had to tag along..." He started, and then looked down, unable to face you, "I didn't want to make you sad, you know so you can forget about me since we were all younger. " he said in a quiet squeaky whisper. 
 
Your insides started to hurt and you continued swallowing the bucket of tears threatening to fall out. 
 
'What? Forget about you? You made my ten years a living hell.' You bitterly thought. 
 
"Then why did you come back then?" You bursted with anger. 
 
"Because my family wants to come back..." He said, "and... I miss you... As a friend..." He said in a even quieter voice. 
 
"As a friend? Okay wake up Hyojin, he had been always treating you as a friend. You thought he felt the same too? Never ever. Throw all your stupid feelings out the window. Enough is enough." An inner voice mocked in your head. 
 
You bit your lip to stop yourself from crying as you bore holes on the ground with your sad stare. 
 
You calmed yourself down as you tried to twist your face into a smile as you looked up to him with your teary eyes and twisted smile. 
 
"I miss you too. Welcome back my friend." 
 
You said without making your voice quiver. 
 
Good job, Hyojin. Your acting improved. 
 
 
 
Author's Note :

ALLOW ME TO BE A BIT DRAMA MAMA. Woah that was a tad bit dramatic? And oh new character~~~ Well, stay tuned and don't forget to comment and subscribe ^^