Four - I'm finally back

The Girl You Left Behind

 

{Four}

 

Luhan never thought that he would return to Korea again. Living in Canada was great, but never good enough as the childhood times in Korea.

"Luhan?" His mother came into his room, knocking his bedroom door and found him reading a book.

"Yeah Mum?" Luhan answered, his eyes never leaving the book. He swore this was one of the best novels he read.

"Luhan-ah, we are moving back to Korea." His mother announced. Luhan nearly lost his grip of his book. His eyes widened as he shakily asked, "Really? Why?"

"We are leaving next Monday, go pack your stuff alright? All of them. " his mother said, grinning.

"Why?" Luhan asked again. It was good news to him. He wanted to leave and return to Korea as soon as possible the day he left for Canada. His Hyojin was back there, waiting for him, then. But now? He was not sure anymore.

Would Hyojin still remember him? For sure hell he still remembered her, or she would only recall him as a random brother in her childhood?

"We are done for Canada. Since everything is settled here, might as well go back right?" His mother said. He could tell that she was excited to go back, since nothing from Canada actually suited her tastes, from food to clothes to even a little of culture. She was a conservative woman, and those 'lets-touch-cheeks-whenever-we-meet' habits had not got to her even after a decade. His father settled and adapted pretty well though, and this actually upset his mother a little.

He smiled as he took layers and layers of clothing into the suitcases, wondering how were you now. Was your hair short or long? Were you still the boyish girl he knew? Were you that uncomfortable with skinship now? Many questions ran through his head as he finished almost half of his packing. He was excited to meet you, after so long.

It was all well until a face appeared in his mind. Jaemin, his father's partner's daughter. They were supposed to be in an arranged relationship together. He sighed. He  liked Jaemin, but not in a boy-girl way.

"Is Jaemin coming with us?" Luhan asked his mother in a small voice. His mother peered from her papers and answered, "Well of course, you two are supposed to be together at all times. "

That line shattered his heart. He felt a numb pain. With Jaemin, he could not go anywhere or do anything freely. He could not shout out to you that he was 'y, free and single'. He never was.

He sighed as he finished the rest of his packing. At least he could see you more often right? This thought perked him up a little.

Ten hours and a few thousand miles later, Luhan finally touched down in Korea. Ah Korea, he swore he could just kissed the airport floor to show how much he missed this place. Jaemin was trailing behind him, a hand covering her yawn. The plane was tiring and she could never understand what kind of hype Luhan was on, drugs maybe.

Luhan's mother wanted to meet her best friend, Mijung which Luhan offered to tag along.

He knew that this would be a chance to see Hyojin again. He never kept still in the taxi ride. Soon he reached the small white apartment. Your mother, Mijung answered the door.

They were all settled as your mum and Luhan's mum had a small talk about each other's life and such. Luhan stared at his surroundings, trying to make out how you lived for the past decade.

Not before long, the door clicked and revealed a nice but cold girl. Her aura said it all. That was you. You were in school uniform and had your hair bundled up into a pony tail. You walked in, surprised to have visitors.

Your mother started introducing Luhan and his mother, you just gave a quick greeting and ran away.

"You did not remember me anymore?" Luhan bitterly thought. Somehow, he did not feel good about it. It was like a numbing pain, just like how his mother broke the news to him that Jaemin was coming along.

"You forgotten your favourite Oppa?"
 
 
Author's Note :

Double update again ^^ I think I might as well update 2 chapters at a time haha. Anyways this is Luhan's POV (sort of) and yes he is disappointed ._. Anyways, hope you like this chapter and don't forget to comment and subscribe ^^