Eighteen - You!

The Girl You Left Behind

{Sixteen}

 

You saw a tired girl with a tear stained face, red puffy eyes and a 'rudolph' nose. You brushed your messy hair aside and shocked to see the girl do the same too. 
 
Wait, you're this girl?
 
You look... tired, just plain exhausted. 
 
No doubt you cried the whole night. You started laughing.  
 
Why are you doing this to yourself?
 
Soon, laughter turned into small sniffles. You brushed your hand across your face to wipe those tears (and mucus) away. 
 
"That's because you're an idiot," your inner voice said. You glared at your reflection. 
 
"Well obviously I'm an idiot. An idiot for the past ten years!" You scolded yourself. 
 
Tears had dried up and no new tears came out yet. Happy with your progress, you stepped into the shower and the tap. 
 
The warm comforting water enveloped you as you cleaned yourself up. Your tears, your red puffy face and most importantly, your hurt. 
 
You're going to continue to be Luhan's friend. Make that best friends, best buddies for life!
 
"You can do this Hyojin!" You egged yourself on as you look at the reflection again. This time it really looked like you. Your long hair tied up in a bun, your uniform prim and proper. 
 
You haven't mastered smiling yet, but you would keep trying. 
 
For friendship, for Luhan. You decided that would be the best way to go. 
 
Even though you lost him as a lover, (You never had him as a lover, your inner voice said), that did not steal the privilege of being his best friend, his childhood friend, his buddy. 
 
You smirked to yourself as you found a new goal. 
 
Whatever that makes -Luhan- you happy, you would do it. 
 
With this, you picked up your bag and walked to school. 
 
 
 
 
You arrived in school just in time to catch the 'peak hour' of student rush. It was about 30 minutes before the first bell rang and it was when most of the students arrived. 
 
You tried to squeeze through people and made your way to the locker. Alas, you found your petite body getting slammed at the side with another body.
 
You glared upwards at whoever the culprit was and met with a smirk. This smirk seemed familiar...
 
"So we met again..." A voice sounded, you snapped towards the face. A part of you cringed at the cheesiness of the line and another part was trying to figure out who that face belonged to. 
 
Then everything snapped back into place. That face, you scoffed inwardly. 
 
"You!" You pointed your index finger so close to his face that he almost went cross-eyed which you wanted to laugh so terribly about. 
 
"What!" He snapped in an irritated voice too. 
 
"You're the one who bumped into me and didn't say sorry. That !" You spoke so fast. 
 
"Well, duh... If not I'm the man in the ice cream truck trying to sell you ice cream all day?" He retorted. You really wanted to laugh at his lame comeback. 
 
"Aish, whatever. Go away, get out of my sight. " you said, waving your hand in front of him and attempted to walk away.
 
"Wait! Not yet." You got pulled back and threw him an icy glare which he smirked right back too. He got to admit, your glare is pretty scary but nothing would faze the Almighty --
 
"What?" You irritatedly snapped. You really wanted to get out of here and meet Hayoung, Luhan, the teacher, whatever but not him. 
 
"What's yo name?" He tried to pull it off cooly like those american rappers do. You could not help but laugh. 
 
"Is this how guys try to pick up girls now?" You said confidently. He went a little pink as he stuttered. 
 
"N-no! Pfft! Who wants you?!" He said and tried to pull it off cool, but really failed, epicly.
 
"Well, name's Hyojin. Whatever you want to do with it, I don't care. Just don't use that to borrow money from loansharks or get me into the mafia." You said while turning heel to walk to your classroom. 
 
"You know I might! Hyojin!" The guy shouted as you walked further into the classroom block. 
 
"Interesting guy..." You thought. 
 
"Gotcha!" He smugly thought. No one escapes the Almighty.... 
 
Author's Note :

Hello! Another chapter with you and the Almighty >:D Comment and subscribe!