Ten - Be....

The Girl You Left Behind

 

{Ten}

 

Luhan woke up with a splitting headache. Who said that sleeping it off would be better? He silently grumbled at his naiveness and went to the kitchen for a drink.

It was 2am in the morning. The sky was still obviously dark and that he decided he should sleep more.

He laid in bed and pondered about how was he going to 'confess' to you. Flowers and chocolate? Nah, too common. Serenade you a song? Won't that be too cheesy? He mentally crossed out all the available options in his head. Not before long, he fell asleep once again.

Morning came and you woke up at the sound of your alarm. You grudgingly grumbled as you dragged yourself off bed and went to prepare for school.

You met Hayoung at the gate and you two proceed to the classroom block together, linking hands. As you walked Hayoung to her classroom, you two chatted about what to eat for lunch and what to do after school.

You two talked till you sensed someone nearing you. You turned around and looked at that familiar face.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a while?"

It was Luhan.

"No," you snapped, not forgetting to put on your pokerface.

"Please?" He asked.

"Okay what about during break, we need to go for class soon," you quickly said as you tried to run from him and bid Hayoung a quick goodbye.

Class went as per normal and soon you were doodling on your book as you made little characters on the paper.

It was break and you quickly went out of class to find Hayoung before Luhan could catch you. You heaved a sigh of relief as you spotted Hayoung at the corridors and ran towards her.

"Hayoung!" You called as you ran towards her.

"Hey Hyojin! You look like you are running away from someone..." Hayoung joked, but upon seeing your straight face, she straightened up.

"That guy again?" Hayoung asked, and you nodded.

"Who is he?" Hayoung asked again and you pulled her to the end of the classroom block, where it was secluded.

"Luhan, new student." You simply replied. Hayoung looked at you amused.

"That's all? Definitely not enough for your reactions and this," she pointed at the location you two were in now.

"Well Darling, tell me more." Hayoung sassed as you rolled your eyes at her amusement.

Anyways you continued, "you know that childhood friend?" Hayoung nodded like a little kid.

You breathed in a huge gulp of air.

"It's him. Luhan, that friend." You sighed. Hayoung looked at you expectantly, patting your shoulders comforting you.

"You need me to fend him off?" Hayoung asked concernedly. You shook your head and slightly smiled.

"I'm fine. It has been 10 years. I should be fine, right?" You laughed at your dry humour.

Hayoung looked at you with worried eyes and hugged you, which you gladly returned the gesture back.

You two went back to your respective classes. As you went in through the door, your eyes met Luhan's. You quickly ducked your head down to avoid the gaze and sit on your seat, focussing at the front at all times.

Luhan seemed to be wanting to speak as he opened his mouth, as if to say something, but then close again his mouth again a few seconds after. You could sense him looking at you the whole time, but you ignored it as much as possible.

You did not know why were you avoiding him, but you felt the need to. Something. Something deep within you made you afraid about what he was going to say next.

Rejection? Apologies? You had no single idea at all.

Class ended not long after as you waited for everyone to pack up and leave before you do the same too. You also realised that Luhan was gone. Silently, you thanked whoever was above to fend off Luhan, or that made Luhan himself gave up.

You took your time and packed up before leaving the classroom.

As you stepped outside, you felt a force grabbing your wrist and dragging you to the furthest part of the school, the staircases.

The force slammed you against the stairwell wall as you felt a surge of pain rose up your spine. You looked up to glare at the culprit and your eyes met with a pair of familiar looking eyes, Luhan.

You stared at the awkward position you two were in and felt your cheeks reddened up. Composing yourself, you snapped.

"What do you want again?"

"Why are you avoiding me?" He asked in a low voice.

"I'm not-t," you tried toughening yourself up, but your voice ended with a quiver.

"You said that you'll talk to me during break but I could not find you anywhere in school!" He almost yelled frustratedly.

"Maybe you are just a terrible seeker?" You sarcastically replied.

He grew even more frustrated as he slammed his hand on the area beside you. You flinched at the sudden aggressiveness.

Silence.

Since when Luhan became like that, you thought as you observed his face up close. He looked like a baby, and who knew he was an aggressive baby?

"Be my girlfriend," he calmly said.

You could not believe your ears. What did he just say?

"What?" Your eyes widened.

Baffled, he repeated.

"Chio Hyojin, be my girlfriend."
 
 
Author's Note :

Hello guys! I know the above gif is not very fitting to the chapter but bear with me for a while! >< anyways, deng deng deng Luhan made his great decision, AREN'T YOU EXCITED? ;no; ;okay; ;imweird; 

 

guys? guys? 

T^T