Twenty Three - Burned Pt.2

The Girl You Left Behind

{23}

[BURNED PT.2]

 

By the time you finished your experiment with Kai, it was already near to the end of lesson. You pretty much rushed the experiment with Kai since he was such a , almost breaking every single test tube on the workbench and there were eighteen of them. EIGHTEEN. You never seen such a clumsy person in your life, and god you never laughed so much in a lesson before.

In the back of your mind, you felt bad for leaving Luhan for Kai. Although you think that Luhan would not be affected, since he got with Minyoung, the smart girl in Chemistry. 'She will help him more than I can...' you thought. You thought that you were never good enough, especially not in the area called 'Academics', so that Minyoung girl will help Luhan so much more than you could. So you planned to apologise to him since that bad feeling in your chest was almost killing you.

When you exited the laboratory with Kai and quickly bid goodbye to him before running up the stairs where the next class would be. You managed to spot Luhan walking slowly to the next class. You could see the dread of his steps and knew how much he hated Mathematics, which coicidentally was your most hated class too.

Your mind flashed back to a few weeks before where you guys were close like gum.

"Math class.... Again?" You groaned as you saw the timetable for the next lesson. It was only the second lesson of the week and you had four lessons of Math every week, and you hated every lesson of it.

Luhan's eyes rounded as he heard whatever you had said and could not help but groan with you too. It was not that he could not do Math, but he thought Math was boring and unnecessary, and thus contribute to the distaste of Math.

He groaned while laying his head on the table, preparing to sleep. He almost reached dreamland until he felt a poke at his waist. He lazily opened one eye to see the culprit and saw you looking adorably  at him. He let out a muffled 'What?' and you showed him your phone screen.

'Multiplayer Fruit Ninja? Heck yeah!' He thought and let out a grin before you returned the gesture back.

And you guys played that game for the whole lesson under the table and the boring Math lesson became so much more interesting.

You smiled at the memory before taking hurried steps to catch up with him. You tapped his back and he turned around, looking at you with a straight quizzable expression.

You suddenly lost your words as you look at his face. Perfection was written on his face, as cheesy as it sounds. You quickly snapped out of your trance as you noticed him getting a little impaitient. 

"Ehh, about just now I'm sorry..." you managed to squeak out, with nervousness evident in your voice.

You saw his straight face remained stoic and he said, "You don't have to apologise. It's not your fault." 

"But we were part--" You tried to say.

"Nevermind, its okay.." He interjected, his voice hard as metal.

"There's no need for you to account to me." his words cut you like the knife slashing you.

You were shocked. Those words kind of hurt, as much as you did not want to admit it. You wanted to say something, but no words could come out of your mouth. 

"Fine." Your pride got the better of you. If he didn't need you, then you would not need him either. It has always been the same way right?

Just in time, like a guardian angel, Kai walked up the stairs and saw the little interaction between you and Luhan. Both of your straight faces spelt trouble and that tension was almost cutting the air into pieces. Kai quickly went up to you and slung his arm around you.

Luhan looked at Kai with a straight face but within him he was extremely pissed off. 

"Sup." Kai said to Luhan to ease some of the tension, but was met with a straight face Luhan. 

"Okay....." Kai muttered as he tightened his hold around you and said, "We're going to be late, let's go?" 

You smiled at him and nodded, before looking at Luhan one last time, before walking off with Kai. 

Conclusion: Luhan hated Kai, to the core.

Who was he to put his arm around you like that?

Who was he to take you anywhere he liked, especially away from him?

Who was he to be that close to you, even closer than him to you?

Luhan hated Kai for being so close to you.

Luhan hated Kai for being a better friend than him to you.

Luhan just hated Kai.

"I swear my blood pressure is going to rise permanently because of you.." Luhan muttered to himself as he stole a glance at you. You were trying to solve the math problems in the worksheet given. Your brows furrowed to an obvious frown and you hold the pencil to your lips, trying to bite it but you're too self-conscious.

He might have regretted for snapping at you. But his emotions got better of him and he could not turn back.

You might have just took a break from the math worksheet and stole a glance at Luhan. He did not seem to have any problems with his worksheet, judging from his pen dancing across the paper so naturally, which made you a little jealous, wishing you had such mad math skills like him.

You guys were still sitting with each other since the teachers did not allow changing of seats, but the tension was so heavy and you basically ignored him and vice versa.

Kai was just sitting at the back looking at the pair being so awkward and tense with each other. He sighed at the situation, perhaps tomorrow he could make you and Luhan feel better.

Author's Note :

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER IM STILL IN THE MIDDLE OF EXAMINATIONS. Here is a short chapter that I managed to cram during this time. And yes, 3 days to national examinations.

WHO'S SCARED? ME!

Hopefully it will go well and hope you like this crappy and short chapter, and don't forget to comment and subscribe!

 

SILENT READERS,

I AM WATCHING YOU so please comment/subscribe ~