Jaemin [BONUS]

The Girl You Left Behind

LONG CHAPTER AHEAD. YES IM BACK. I HAVE 88 SUBBIES. IM SED. OK THANKS.

 


bonus }

"It is agreed that Men and Women are like Mars and Venus. We are so different, so far apart. We may not agree with each other, we may fight a lot. But all in the end, where are we? We are living in Earth. This is where we reached a comprimise and learn to give in and most of all, love one another. Thank you for your kind attention." She finished off with a bright smile and a polite bow before stepping off the podium.

"Yo Krystal, you totally nailed that presentation!" Before she knew it, a body crashed into her, nearly making her fell over, if not for the arm who was locked around her shoulder. She rolled her eyes, before muttering a small 'Thank you' to her closest friend. "What, really? This is how you thank me? For such a compliment? You know I don't easily compliment people... Jaemin..." and he kept on rambling and rambling on. Lay, also known as Yixing, is her best friend, as much as Jaemin would like to deny it. After Jaemin (Krystal) left Korea for London, she was alone. Yeah, being that independent woman she was and strived to be, she enrolled herself into a school and worked part time in a cafe and pizza place to pay for her education and met her annoying best buddy, Lay. 

Days were not easy, as she knew it the hard way. She often question herself why she did all of that, but as she watched the London skyline outside her small apartment, she knew exactly why. She wanted to break free of her parents, the social classes back in Korea, the one boy that would never loved her even he was supposed to. She knew love could not be forced. She knew that there was a complicated knot in his heart that was waiting to be untied. And she also knew that she was unfortunately not the one who could do that. 

People said when faced with a challenge, we can either fight on, or take flight. Jaemin (I said Krystal...) chose the latter. Although many people said taking flight is just a cowardly way to face your problems, but she knew it would be a good way, the best way in fact, if she left. Some problems are special, they did not need people to continue fighting on, a fight where everyone gets tired, when all they need is a person to disappear. Jaemin chose to be that person, and somewhere along the way, Jaemin became Krystal.

However running away was not that much of a breeze, along with working day and night and using up almost all her savings, Krystal led a decent life. She also kept really quiet during those days. She cut off all connections with the people she left behind in Korea, and made sure everything was done in secrecy. First, using an exchange programme to Japan as a cover-up, she changed the two-way flight to Jpan last minute as she was holding her luggage in the departure hall, and to a one-way flight to London. Until a year later, she received a phone call and a voice that she would not have expected spoke at the other side of the line. It was her mother. Her parents found out.

Things went pretty ugly after that. They had fights over the phone, even her mother visited to convince her to go back. She refused. Her mother broke down and cried, saying that the business ties would be ruined if she backed out the deal. Yup, the deal was that relationship between Jaemin and Luhan. Krystal scoffed at how things could be so ridiculous.

"Jaemin, you need to go back..." Her mother cried while tugging on her arm, "You can't just ruin this, your father and I built up this company and worked so hard, you can't let all the efforts go to waste..."

"Come on... Go back to Luhan, he is waiting for you..." Krystal remained silent, while her mother continued, "After we passed away, the company will be yours, do it for your future, Jaemin..." Krystal clenched the sheets under her until her knuckles paled. 

"Do you know so far in this conversation all you have been harping is about the company? Company this, company that. Do this for the company. Jaemin, you can't ruin the company. Have you ever thought you have a daughter. She is named Lee Jaemin by the way. And as much as you would like to deny it, she doesn't like the arrangement and Luhan doesn't too. So why are you forcing two unhappy people together? For money? For fame? For fighting to be one of the top wealthiest people in the whole of South Korea? What you don't know is that whatever you have done that was for the 'good of us' is not going to be so good for us after all. Don't you understand? I guess you never do, because in the midst of watching the figures in your bank account increase, you slowly did not noticed that your daughter, your only daughter has faded and disappeared." 

Silence was the next thing that happened. Both women sat at two different ends of the room. The older woman shifted and Krystal froze, unsure what would happen next. Warmth enveloped her, and hesitantly she wrapped her arms around the older woman too. The feeling was so foreign. Her mother hugging her. Wow, that had never happened over a long time. Krystal slowly closed her eyes to enjoy the freshness of this foreign feeling. In the cold winter night of London, this was just what she needed. Somewhere along the night, she heard a faint mutter of 'sorry' from the other woman, and Krystal nodded in response ever so slightly.

The next day Krystal's mother had to fly back to Korea because company, again. Krystal had to send her off at the airport. After sharing a final brief hug with her mother, the older woman walked into the departure gates. She promised to convince her father about the matter, and to leave Krystal alone, because "I have faith in whatever you do, and make me proud, Krystal." was what she said, and she acknowledges Krystal's new name. To be really honest Krystal did not expect such leniency from her parents since they were uptight and company-oriented all the time and to see her mother visit her again, now together with her father half a year later was indeed a surprise. Surprised at age 22 she finally got her family back, a dream she wished at age 8, because that was when everything changed and her parents loved the company more than her.

Other than knowing the annoying, legendary, charismatic, handsome, blessed with a good voice, seductive, attractive, and ((how do you get in here, Yixing?)) Yixing, Krystal made a bunch of other less annoying friends too. ((cues indignant Yixing groan)) In the last year of high school, she met Yixing and Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon or more commonly known as Venus because people could not pronounce it right, was cool and all, just really.... Her second home was the club. Not that she was really wild and drunk (sometimes she does...) and go around making bad decisions, its just that she loved to dance. So after a long time of persuading and convincing her, Hyoyeon, Yixing and Krystal pooled in all their savings to set up a dance studio. With Hyoyeon being the main runner, she focused on making choreography and teaching people all around London. Yixing sometimes popped by to do some teaching, because "we need a cute boy to attract all the ladies." said Hyoyeon. Krystal popped by too and the studio became quite successful. Other than that, Hyoyeon was majoring in Dance Studies in the University of Roehampton and Yixing was in Master of Public Health and Krystal was in Psychology. It is said that all of them 'got their together' in the end. 

In the second year of university, Krystal met The One. ((Please cue Only One by BoA)) ((Why the hell are you here again Yixing.... Hyoyeon, you too?!)) Well, it was during one of those mundane boring classes on god knows what and Krystal was bored to tears. It was not like love at first sight or anything because Krystal hated his guts for a long time because he kept kicking her chair from the back and it was pissing her off. What did he think he was in? Elementary school? It was until a few drinks, weird decisions ((WHO SAID THAT?)) and more dancing in the studio, Krystal decided that maybe, Xander or Oh Sehun might just be the one.

So who said taking flight is not a proper solution to problems? Not for Krystal, because taking flight might just mean flying to your dreams.

 


Author's Note:

HELLO EVERYONE! IM BACK WITH A NEW BONUS CHAPTER ABOUT JAEMIN. Not sure if anyone remembers Jaemin, but she was the girl who had to be 'in a relationship with' Luhan and disappeared in the middle of the story and this chapter explains why she did that and her story in London. Hope I did not bore you guys. I lost some subscribers midway of not updating anything, I guess people just don't want to read more. which is kind of sad, but im okay. other than that, you know my national exams are coming up and i really underperformed my prelims. not sure if updating this story is good for anyone i hope you enjoy it. for now, i shall go study, can't screw this one up ><

anyways, please comment, upvote and subscribe. silent readers, MAKE SOME NOISE. PLEASE. 

till then, one love exo

- jayden