Seventeen - Did I do wrong?

The Girl You Left Behind

 

{Sixteen}

 
Luhan never wanted it to end this way. He sent you home. Your hands were not linking anymore. No more closeness. Just a small space in between you two as you two shared a silence with each other.

Now he was, sitting at his house's front yard, just looking at whatever was in front of him.

"Did I do wrong? What did I do wrong?" He questioned himself. You mean he was wrong to say that you guys are friends? He don't know anymore.

He was confused as hell. The feelings would not leave him alone. When he touched you, looked at you or spoke to you, it felt like the whole earth's electrical magnetic field just attacked him at once.

His eyes grew a little bigger.

The mouth's corners went up a little.

His heart beat a little faster.

What does all these mean? He felt like the world's stupidest person ever. It never happened to him at all, not even with Jaemin.

Speaking of which, where is Jaemin?

She did not call or text him anymore. Not even a simple greeting. He even forgotten to go visit her! Or ask her out for a meal or something!

Luhan smacked his forehead at the realisation.

"What have I done?" He thought.

His fingers quickly reached for the square black device resting on the bedside table, dialling a familiar number.

The dial tone rang for a few minutes.

No answer.

He frowned as he tried dialling once again.

Still no answer.

It was 12.30am in the morning. "Maybe she fell asleep? Heard private schools are tougher..." He thought and kept his phone away, getting ready to get some sleep.


~~~


The chirpy alarm sounded as Luhan grudgingly hit the snooze button before rolling out of the bed.

He grabbed his phone and checked for any notifications.

No Hyojin.

No Jaemin.

He frowned again but brushed it off and went to clean himself up.

Now he was feeling a lot more worried. Jaemin usually text back real fast or call him early in the morning to apologise, sometimes way too early... Who knew what was this crazy girl up to at 4.30am in the morning once?

Luhan dialled the number again.

"The subscriber you just called is not in use. Please tr--" the monotonous voice said as Luhan ended the call.

Where the hell was Jaemin?

Luhan dialled another number saved to his contact list.

"Hello?" The other side of the line sounded.

"Hello Auntie! I was just wondering, how is Jaemin?" Luhan spoke with his normal voice.

"Jaemin? She went on an internship in Japan, didn't she tell you?" The voice replied. Luhan creased his eyebrows as he heard that. Why didn't she tell him?

"Eh okay, because I tried calling her but it did not work..." Luhan said rather sheepishly, rubbing the nape of his neck.

"Well, she might temporarily terminated her contract since she won't use the phone a lot..." Jaemin's mother reasoned.

"Don't worry, your wife won't run away~" she added with a sing song voice as Luhan stood rather uneasy at the other end of the line.

"Thank you Auntie, I will visit you some time." Luhan said politely before ending the call.

Internship? Jaemin did not said anything about internships before. Moreover, what was the point? She was technically the heiress to the Lee's corporations. She could easily 'intern' in her own korean company.

"Maybe her challenge mode was activated again..." Luhan thought with a chuckle.

Jaemin was always like that. She would be even more wild if she was not tied down with the heavy responsibility of being the heiress of the Lee's Corporations.
 
Nothing will happen to Jaemin right?
 
 
 
Author's Note :

Short chapter SORRY!!! But I will write more hopefully by next week! So, please comment and subscribe :D and Jaemin coming back into the story? YAY OR NAY? o - o