Prologue - The Girl You Left Behind

The Girl You Left Behind

 

{Prologue}

 

"Hyojin-ah" You heard a voice calling after you. You immediately recognise the voice and smiled to yourself a little.

"Oppa! Catch me if you can!" You teasingly said, then took off running as fast as your little feet could carry you. You ran in different odd directions to avoid him catching you easily. For a seven-year old, you were quite a smart child. Even playing little games like these, you would like to think which was the best way to play at your advantage.

"Hyojin-ah! Look, there is a icecream stand!" He suddenly shouted, causing you to suddenly stop and looked around. Your favourite, other than your Oppa was ice cream. Your eyes twinkled with excitement as you looked around, finding the stall.

"Where Oppa where?" You excitedly asked.

"Got you!" He suddenly sneaked up behind your back, and s his hands around your little waist. You halted at the sudden contact, and playfully slapped his hands away.

"You cheated!" You angrily said.

"Of course, but you won't be mad at your favourite oppa right? The eight year old casually said, plopping himself down on the field.

"Hmph" was all you could say, before you, too followed suit and laid beside him.

Both of you watched the clouds and the blue sky. As you enjoyed imagining shapes and stories about the clouds, a voice interrupted your thoughts.

"Hyojin-ah..."

"Hmm?"

"What if, I said what if, I have to go somewhere else for a long time?" Luhan asked.

"Then can I go with Oppa too?" You innocently asked.

"Nope, just me only. Will you be fine?" He cautiously asked, his eyes still glued to the sky.

"But I don't want you to leave. I want us to be friends forever!" You naively said, turning to your side and smiled at him. His face was still glued to the sky, so you could only see his side profile.

"Haha, alright then..." He uneasily said. He had to leave, for somewhere he did not know. All he knew was that he would probably never see you again. Yet, hwe could not even have the courage to say a proper goodbye to you.

He never wanted to leave, but he had to....

"Why the question Oppa?" You asked, your eyes back to the clouds.

"Nothing, I was just bored." He tried his best to sound as casual as possible. There, he never had and will never have the courage to say goodbye to you, or something along the lines of "Wait for me".

Both of you shared a comfortable silence, each of you in your own thoughts, before a car's horn interrupted the peace.

Luhan's head shot up. How he dread this moment, the moment he had to leave his favourite dongsaeng Hyojin.

"Eh, Hyojin ah, I have to go. My father is waiting for me." He pointed to the black car stopped at the road. You sat up too, waving and smiling to Luhan's father. What was strange was that a girl was beside his father.  She did not look familiar.

" Luhan has a sister other than Joohan?" You thought. The girl smiled a little at you, where you gladly returned the gesture back.

You waved the last time to Luhan and he got on the car and drove off. You resumed to looking at the clouds making stories about things.

And that was the last time you ever saw your favourite Oppa,  Luhan.








 

Soon, you grew older and you realised that Luhan had indeed left you. Your mind often wandered off to the last memory of Luhan. He did not call, visit or find you again.

"So I'm just a girl you left behind huh?" You bitterly thought to yourself every time your annoying mind thought of Luhan.