Aftermath

Finding Yourself in Seoul

“I think we have a winner here!”

 

Sweat was dripping as you were standing there, deeply inhaling oxygen. You looked up hopefully and saw all the mischievous boys grinning at you. A small smile appeared on your face as Luhan and Lay walked towards you.

 

“Way to go! No one’s beat him in years!” Luhan said excitedly.

 

“Yeah seriously! We’ll have to make sure he won’t live it down,” Lay said with agreement.

 

“Thanks guys,” you said with another smile. You took of Kai’s hat, which was now wet with sweat, and looked over at him. He was talking with one of the taller boys and rubbing the back of his sweaty neck. He didn’t look pleased. The person he was talking to was laughing contagiously while he was just sulking moodingly.

 

You snorted with amusement, he always seems to be a sore loser. “Well I should get going! I have a long day of practice ahead of me, it was nice meeting the both of you!” you said politely, then bowing. You smiled at the other boys as you left the room, returning to the dark hallway.

 

 

 

 

Closing the door behind you, you let out a giant sigh. You were proud of yourself, you also proved yourself wrong.

 

“___!” you heard a short hushed shout behind you. You turned around and saw the dim outline of a figure.

“Ne?” you asked curiously, it was obvious it was someone from the room you just left. You walked towards whoever it was, and soon enough, your mind made the connection that it was Kai. Although you couldn’t see his features, you knew the shape of his shoulders and his elevated height. “What, Kai?” you asked now, sure that it was him and slightly annoyed.

 

You finally reached him, and stopped only a couple inches away. Intensity seemed to radiate off of him and everything felt so serious all of the sudden. You started again, “Okay, this is getting old what do yo-”

 

You then suddenly felt a rough hand shove you against the dense, hard wall. You gasped as all the breath almost instantly left your body. You squeezed your eyes shut and flinched as you felt the lasting sting of the push.

 

“Listen...” you heard Kai quietly say, your eyes flew open at his words and you tried but failed to shrink back when you realized how close he was to you. “I just think my hyungs didn’t want to hurt your feelings and crush your ego, because it’s obvious that I won,” a smirk appeared on his face. You took a huge gulp when you looked at his lips, because you realized how close his were to yours. “I will admit however...” he said and paused, sighing dramatically. You could almost taste his cool minty breath mixed with his mouth-watering, intoxicating scent. “You have something in you though, I can almost see why you got let in here,”

 

 

You were starting to breath normally now, even though Kai’s smell was filling your mind. “I think you just need to accept that I’m a more advanced dancer than you and KNOW that I DESERVE to be here, unlike you,” you said harshly, but clamping your mouth shut and biting your tongue at the end to prevent yourself from becoming too cruel.

 

He narrowed his eyes, anger forming in his usually emotionless face. He looked hard at you, it felt like he was staring into your soul and uncovering all your deepest and darkest secrets. Still biting your tongue, you held your ground and returned the glare. He sent one last furiating look and then removed his hand from the wall by the side of your face and stepped away from you, finally giving both of you distance.

 

“Now, if you don’t mind,” you said quickly, “I need to go back to my dorm, I’m getting up early tomorrow,” you said with a sharp tone as you quickly took off, trying to escape the intense atmosphere.

 

You heard a confident chuckle behind you as you were quickly storming away. “See you tomorrow,” was all he said.

 

 

 

 

Making it to your still empty dorm, you closed the door and sighed heavily against it. Sliding all the way down the cheap wooden door, another heavy sigh escaping your mouth. You closed your eyes shut, you felt like your life was starting to revolve around the latest confrontation with this jerk, Kai. You told yourself the first day that you wouldn’t let anyone or anything get in the way, but lately it felt like your mind was almost always on Kai. Luckily your dancing wasn’t deteriorating, then something would definitely need to change. Even so, all this back and forth battling was getting exhausting. Fast. It was starting to take a toll on your body and mind. Mostly your mentality though, which you felt was getting more and more frazzled with every passing day. Not bothering to change into more comfy clothes, you slipped into bed tiredly. And before you knew it you effortlessly slipped into a dreamless sleep, where Kai couldn’t bother you.

 

 

 

 

Hey everyone! :3

Thank you for patiently waiting for the next chapter!
I hope to update more often from now on!

On a sidenote; it's my bestfriend's birthday today and she writes AMAZING stories, so

if you could all be so kind, maybe wish her a Happy Birthday for me and sub to some of her stories?

It would mean a ton, ^^ Her username is; kevinsforevergirl

Shinyuu; I cannot wait for this weekend, and I know this will be a fantastic year!

Daisuki da yo!!

<3- Minji