Luhan's Greetings

Finding Yourself in Seoul

“Yep, I’ll see you then.” Only focusing on Kai now.

 

You weren’t looking at Luhan anymore but you heard an upbeat “Great!” and could tell he walked away. You weren’t angry, at least not yet, all you could feel was burning pain in your heart. It felt like someone had wrung you out like a used rag. Swallowing and tasting bitterness, you walked once again towards Kai, who was helping one of his friends with a dance move. He had the face of an angel and somehow, the face of a devil at the same time.

 

Trying to control your body, you stopped when you reached Kai and slowly reached into your pocket, finding his phone. You didn’t dare yourself to utter a word, mistrusting of what you’d say if you did. Kai turned around from his previous activity and his full attention was now on you, causing your hands to shake as you handed his phone to him.

 

Slight confusion crossed Kai’s face when you shakily handed him his phone, your awkward state was nothing like he’s seen before. “Thanks?” he said, adding a note of question at the end of the sentence. You nodded quickly, not meeting his eyes, before turning and sitting down at Eun Bi.

 

 

 

*****

 

 

You landed on your bed with a thump. Face first into your many pillows. Class was finally over with for the day, and although it wasn’t too physically exhausting, you were mentally drained. Completely. You were still shaking and jittery from being with Kai. It was obvious, you were sure you looked like a trapped wild bird. Luckily Director-Nim kept going in and out and wasn’t paying attention to anyone, today was just more of a workshop for the partners. Even so, when he asked the two of you to relay the night before, you could barely muster out a sentence. Director-Nim just took that for you being tired from the night before. Throughout class, Kai kept giving you concerned looks and asked you numerous times what was wrong, trying to have a conversation with you while the two of you were practicing. His hands burning into your skin, painfully this time. You felt weak and sick, realizing how played you were and worst of all, you let yourself be played.

 

“Please tell me what happened,” Eun Bi begged, walking in right after you. She noticed right away that something was wrong after you had talked to Luhan.

 

“I don’t want to talk about it,” you mumbled, without energy, through your pillow. You heard a sigh and Eun Bi’s bed creak as she sat down. Hoping she’d leave you alone you added, “We’re going to the party though, leaving at ten.”

 

Eun Bi didn’t say anything, only a small groan of approvement. Hesitating for a moment more, she pulled herself up off the bed, only to leave back through the apartment door.

Your eyes trailed after where Eun Bi had left, a spark of curiosity forming inside of you. Yet, at the moment, you had too many other things on your mind to really care too much. Exhaling airily, you slunk down into your covers, the squishy mattress forming around your dejected figure. You had no motivation to go to the party tonight, but you already promised Luhan. Maybe I can just fake sick? No... I’m terrible at acting, he’d see right through it. I have to be strong. I need to face Kai, and it’s either tonight, or never.

 

You stayed in your room for who knows how long, just thinking and thinking until an abrupt knock startled you from your thoughts. As you jumped up to go answer the door, you noticed that the sky was a deep periwinkle. It was already twilight.

 

“Eun Bi,” you smiled, relieved that it was only you goofy roommate, but your face instantly fell. Unfortunately, it was Luhan, clad in a dark, sleek suit hovered just behind her. All words left you and you found yourself only able to stand in the doorway dumbly.

 

Luckily, Luhan, being outgoing, took the lead by stepping forward while extending his hand. “Kai’s party starts soon, but...” Showing the whites of his teeth, he giggled lightly. “You’re not too dressed up. That’s okay though.” he added happily.

 

Realization horrifically dawned on you that you really had just been moseying around in your room for the past five hours. You weren’t sure if you had just decided to put off getting ready for Kai’s party, or if your thoughts really encased your mind that much.

 

“Uhm, could you give me a couple minutes?” You asked, cheesily smiling with your eyes slightly closed. With a light laugh Luhan nodded, and you casually closed the door.

 

Right when the door closed, you exhaled a giant sigh of frustration and panic. You ran your hands through your hair in a rushed manner and took a giant stride towards your closet. Screaming on the inside, you started ripping clothes and clothes out of your closet. Finding a pair of dark-wash skinny jeans and a cream colored wrap cardigan, you decided that that was the best option last minute. Pulling the cardigan over your solid black tank top, you put your hair into a loose side braid and shrugged at your reflection when you saw the finished product. “Here goes nothing,” you muttered, your stomach already turning from both Luhan and Kai.

 

Grabbing the doorknob, you ripped the door open and said, “I’m ready!” as excitingly as you could.

 

“Great! You look great, really great,” Luhan said with an eye-smile as he stumbled over his words. Smiling back at him, you accepted his offer of linking arms with him and started walking towards the elevator in the dingy hallway. “You know, I’ve never understood why the rest of the building is so nice and then there’s...”

 

“This?” you finished for him, with a laugh you continued, “Yeah I was really confused at first too, but in a way I guess it grows on you.”

 

“Yeah, sort of like where I live actually.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, definitely grows on you.” The elevator door opened with a ding, the pristine polished buttons waiting to be selected. “Which level again? I don’t really know this place that well yet,” Luhan asked. You replied and the conversation seemed to cease. Picking at your nails, you were aching to go crawl back into your bed. You were the farthest from being in a party mood.

 

The elevator coming to a stop at the selected floor, Luhan took your hand in his and lead you through the hallways.You gave him an apprehensive look; he was being so forward. The expression on Luhan’s face was innocent though, which made you wonder if him taking your hand was just a natural reaction to him.

 

You saw some people farther down the dark hallway walking towards a room. It was confusing though, you couldn’t hear anything and just saw a faint glow of light that looked completely normal. You cleared your throat and said, “Have you been to one of these parties before?” you questioned out of curiosity.

 

“Yeah, they’re a lot of fun and can get pretty packed at times, Kai’s notorious for holding the more popular ones.”

 

“Of course,” you muttered under your breath, adding in a foul name more quietly.


The two of you reached the closed door and you were greeted by Kai’s roommate. You saw figures moving inside, the frosted glass making it hard to see anything more specifically. He gave the both of you a warm smile and opened the door.

 

 

 

I LOVE YOU ALL

SORRY I AND DON'T UPDATE OFTEN

But I know what to write for the next couple of chapters.. kekeke ;)

;o; Mianhae, you guy's are the absolutel best for sticking around <33

Comment & sub please!!

<3- Minji