Meet & Greet

Finding Yourself in Seoul

Oh God. It’s him. Your mind froze right when you met his eyes, you smiled timidly to try to make peace but instead his face just hardened coldly and he turned around stiffly. Why was he holding such a huge grudge against you??? You then bowed lowly and greeted everyone.

“Hey you!” called what looked like to be one of the instructors, you turned around and looked at him with a confused expression, “Yes you! Come here so we can find you on the rooster and figure out your schedule.” You walked over quickly and felt extremely grateful that he interfered from the awkward meeting of your fellow peers. “What’s your name?” he asked while scanning the list of names.

“____ imnida,” you replied politely.

“Excellent! You traveled a long way haven’t you? Well, don’t worry after we introduce you to everything you can finally settle in.” he announced.

You thanked him, found a spot on the floor and plopped down with all your bags. You made such a loud noise as you sat down that everyone stopped talking and stared at you. “What is this... middle school?” you mumbled under your breath. You tried smiling cutely to ease the attention and you were mentally gagging at how corny you smile must look. Aegyo is the worst, you thought.

A short girl with denim shorts and black knee high socks skipped over to you and sat down after everything returned back to normal.

“You’re the foreigner right? Ooooooh, how exoctic!” she said as she winked, then laughing at her own joke. “What’s your name by the way?” I’m Eun Bi!” she stuck out her small, ring covered hand inferring for you to grab it.

“I’m ____. I’m glad I finally met someone friendly,” you grinned as you shook her hand.

“____-ah you say? That’s AWESOME. I saw the dorm list and I’m pretty sure, wait, I know I’m sure that we are going to be roommates, which means we’ll be living in the same dorm!!” she expressed excitedly, and with that she instantly got up and started dancing away. Wow, what a hyper girl you thought... You shrugged, she seemed nice enough anyway.

A couple minutes later the room was fairly full, boys and girls that looked to be around your age, perhaps a little older and a little younger, and of all different styles were here. The main instructor that you talked to earlier walked to the front of the room, in front of the clear spotless mirrors.  He clapped his hands to get everyones attention.

“Alright everybody, you are now a part of this company’s summer dance training camp! We already know how great our reputation is and blah blah blah, so I don’t need to go on about that, do I? Also! Some of you have been come here for years now,” the director said, “so be nice to the newbies!” he added with a sly smile, leaning into the front of the crowd.

He continued to drone on about the plans and schedules you would have in the upcoming months. He then started talking about the dorms, you’d each have a person of the same gender room with you but he said that he couldn’t guarantee about the gender of your neighbors. He then started listing of roommates,

“Seung Ri and Lee Joo...

Dong Min and Seung Ho....

Kai and Hyun Woo...

Eun Bi and ____...”

You heard a smothered squeal of joy and laughed because it was probably Eun Bi. Some people were trying to hide their annoyance at which roommates they got, while others were as happy as Eun Bi. You didn’t know why she was so happy, the two of you didn’t even know each other, other than your names. Pushing that aside, you thought that maybe she was just looking for a friend.

After he was finishing up with the introduction, the people that have obviously been here before started to gather their stuff and walk out, the guy you ran into at the airport was gathering his stuff with one of his friends when the instructor yelled his name.

“Kai!” So that’s what his name is... “Since you’ve been here for the longest why don’t you go show the newbie around and help her find her dorm,” he said casually.

Kai instantly dropped his bags, and started whining, “Are you kidding me?! Can’t anyone else do it? I don’t want to lug her around.”

The director simply stared at him and replied, “I gave you a task didn’t I? Now do it.”

You gulped at the tension and shuffled your foot on the floor nervously, you heaved your bags onto your shoulders and looked at Kai. The way he was looking at you, you swear if looks could kill, you would have been flat-out dead seconds ago.

 

 

So I actually really enjoy writing this so far and I hope you like it as well! <3

Comments and feedback mean SOOooo much to me and I always reply, :) 

Thanks again!

<3-Minji