Gamjjang (Surprise)

Finding Yourself in Seoul

Kai’s lips fell into yours, one of his hands cupped your cheek as the other wound around your waist. You instantly kissed him back; his supple lips passionately burning through yours. Your mind slowed to a standstill as Kai’s tongue s in between your lips.


Your heart pounding felt like the bass back in the room, it pulsed with every burst of music that echoed out the door and down the hallway. Adrenaline rushed through you, your stomach doing summer-saults as Kai longingly your name into your lips. The longer Kai’s lips were glued to yours, the harder it was to hold back.


The sound of your heavy breathing matched with Kai’s drowned out the little voice in your head begging you to stop. Kai’s hair was just so soft as you ran hands through it. He smelled so good. He’s the definition of perfection, everything a girl could ever want in a guy. He has a girlfriend though. He has a girlfriend.


Shoving Kai off of you, he stumbling back, a look of utmost confusion flashing across his face.


“I can’t do this,” you mumbled, pushing past him.


Kai spun around, bewildered. “_____?” he called after you. “Wait, _____!”


You let his voice drift through one ear and out the other. Not wanting to say one more word to Kai, let alone talk to him, you picked up your pace. Your head ached, your eyes beginning to sting as they got warmer and warmer. You liked Kai, but he’s just been playing with you this entire time. And once again, you’d given into temptation and let Kai take advantage of you.


“_____, there you are!”


You jumped back, startled as a smiling Luhan rounded the corner.


“The dance is getting really boring, and Eun Bi ditched me, and-”


Shoving through Luhan just like you had done Kai, you rushed back into the dance room and slammed the door behind you, leaving both Kai and Luhan behind. You were reunited once again with the ear-popping music, which disorientated and messed with your senses. More and more people had joined the party, barely leaving enough room to even squeeze your way through the raving crowd.


Just as you reached the back entrance, you noticed the door you had come in through swing open. Kai and Luhan stepped inside, but you disappeared out the back entrance before they even had the chance to spot you.


***


Exhaling loudly, you pulled yourself off of your bed. After lying in your room for who knows how long, your thoughts were doing nothing to comfort you. If anything, they were eating you alive. It hurt you more and more every time you thought about Kai and how he took advantage of you. The pain you felt in the pit of your stomach made you feel used, hopeless, sad, and an array of other emotions that you couldn’t even describe.


Maybe talking to Luhan would help. You somewhat regretted leaving him behind before, but you weren’t in a good enough mood to talk to anyone. Luckily, Kai and Luhan hadn’t come by your room since you’d left the party. You were thankful for that because you really needed time by yourself. It didn’t make any difference in the end though, so going back to the party to talk with Luhan would help clear your mind.


You shoved your feet back into your arched black stilettos and pulled the black party dress you had worn down to ensure that it wouldn’t ride up. Making your way over to the door, you hesitated turning the knob when the sound of voices filtered in from the other side. You quickly honed in on them.


“Why won’t you? C’mon, let’s just do it!”


“Eun Bi stop. You’re drunk, so let go!” Kai hissed.


You had to cover your mouth to mask the gasp that escaped through your lips. It was Kai and Eun Bi.


“What do you even see in _____? Just kiss me,” Eun Bi drawled out, the alcohol making her almost impossible to understand.


“S-stop talking nonsense,” Kai said. “Here. Lets just go inside your room. You need to lie down.”


“I like you Kai,” Eun Bi blurt out. “Just kiss me right now. No one’s going to know.”


Kai began to speak again, but a thump sounded and both him and Eun Bi fell silent.


Yanking the door open, your heart froze when you came upon Kai. His body loomed over Eun Bi’s, his hands pressed against the wall on on either side of her. Her arms were woven around his mid-section, urging him closer. What really made your blood run cold was that they weren’t only huddled up against each other, their lips were also connected.