Tour

Finding Yourself in Seoul

Kai sighed angrily and walked towards you. You just stood there meekly, unsure of what to say or do for that matter. Easing uncomfortable situations was definitely not a quality of yours, but you always thought you were fairly likeable...

“Let’s just get this over with,” he muttered as he walked past you and went out the door. Not wanting to miss him and get lost, you gulped out of nervousness and then hurried out of the room.

Your heavy bags were really starting to weigh you down. After carrying them around for what felt like hours, your bags were like solid concrete on your bare shoulders. Not too mention, distractions, once again, were everywhere. The building looked to be top quality, with extravagant and intricate embroidery on the walls, as well as deep plush carpets that’d morph into glossy polished oak wood floors. It was difficult for you not to hold you breath thinking this was all a dream. As well as Kai, who was just as gorgeous if not more than all of that, was walking right in front of you. You were chewing on your lip trying to figure out what was so disagreeable about you. And why did he have to be so attractive??? It’d be so much easier to detest him as much as he did for you if he looked like a gorilla. Maybe he’s too perfect to make mistakes like I did you thought sarcastically.

You were lost in your thoughts when he turned abruptly, now onto another seemingly endless hallway, “Here are the private practice rooms, that are open after hours for students. We use them for parties sometimes though,” he shrugged his shoulders and walked on. “Of course, you’ll probably never ever be invited to any of them so you don’t have to worry about that,” he said with a bitter tone but then gave you an eye-smile.

You didn’t know what to say, quick and instant comebacks were not usually your thing. Ugh, what a jerk. You just rolled your eyes and continued to follow him. He was walking a couple feet in front of you, being naturally observant you took in as many details about him as you could. He was wearing classic black Converses, scuffs could be seen everywhere and there happened to be a tear or two. Your eyes then slowly traveled upward, he had on simple black skinny jeans that hung low on his hips, the pockets were studded adding an edge that he could only pull off. A belt that had gun shell casings aligned over it tied it together, then a grey cotton-knit tank was dripping loosely off of him. You were so caught up in starting to mentally describe his hair that you almost rammed right into him. Luckily for you, you stopped right before your body collided into his. You in your breath quickly, unluckily for you the momentum of stopping so quickly sent the bags on your arms into Kai’s broad back.

You winced, and tucked your head into your scarf, bracing yourself for his harsh voice. He turned around, and glared at you. He let out a short laugh, “Get ahold of youself,” he said cruelly.

You had enough, “What did I honestly ever do to you???” the pitch of your voice raised, straining with frustration.

“The moment you ran into me, you instantly became an annoyance and that’s all you’ll ever be,” he stepped closer to you, covering all the distance that was originally between the both of you, you could somehow feel cool heat radiating from his body.

You heart was beating hastily, you took a deep breath trying to get it under control, “You’re just a jackass and that’s all you’ll ever be,” you retorted.

He smirked and his eyes gleamed, “Maybe you have more fight in you than I thought, anyways let’s finish this. Follow me,” he commanded.

He led you around a majority of the building, you weren’t sure if he did that because he genuinely wanted to give you a good tour or if he just wanted to make you pass out from all the walking with your luggage. He showed you everything from the five-star restaurant to where you could do your laundry. You started lagging behind after an hour of walking around. Usually he’d looked back at you and would glare, waiting for you to catch up. One time he started reaching his hand out and you thought that he was starting to grab one of your bags, to ease your burden, but then a wicked smirk filled his face and he kept on walking. You groaned inwardly, why did the instructor chose the rudest person to introduce you to the camp?

 

 

*****


“Now all that’s left is the dorms, and then I’m free,” he said as you two walked in the elevator, he leaned against the wall and stretched his arms above his head then hooking them behind his neck. You just huffed at his words, his comments sent your stomach in a twist but you wouldn’t dare let him see that, he’d probably just get ruder.

The elevator arrived on the 38th floor, opening into a dimly lit hallway, as your eyes adjusted you saw that it wasn’t as glamorous as the rest of the building. Oh well, you probably weren’t going to spend a lot of time here anyway.

“You should know your dorm number, I’m going to mine,” he called out to you, already walking away, “Oh and please stop staring at me, you’re more than likely decreasing my charm,” he said cockily then giving you a vicious smile before he turned around.

“HAH!” you screamed, “IT’S THE OPPOSITE WAY AROUND, ALRIGHT?!?!” you screamed, making an effort on winning that small battle of words. You held out your hand by your head trying to hear if you got a response. Nothing. You twitched your upper lip, jerk... I know I won that one...

You started scanning the dorm numbers, and kept passing them, you were at the end of the hallway and saw Kai trying to open the door. It looked like the crappy key wasn’t opening the poorly-made lock. His hair was hanging in his eyes, and he was silently swearing as he kept jiggling the handle. Your smirked at his hardship.

You paused looking at the dorm number right by his, he was still distracted and started pounding the key into the lock. Your eyes increased significantly when you realized the number on your sheet was the number of the door right next to Kai’s. This is going to be absolute hell. You slowly took out your key that was given to you, trying not to get noticed. You slipped the key into the lock and tried turn it. Of course, it wouldn’t turn, you’d probably have to jiggle the handle to get it open. Kai stopped what he was doing and turned to face you as he realized you were trying to get in the room right next to him.

You froze and just stared at him with an open mouth and wide eyes. You could feel a dark confident aura, a sideways smirk appear, “It seems to be that we’re neighbors, I can’t wait,”

 

 

I worked really hard on this chapter, so I hope everyone likes it! :3

I hope you all anticipate the next chapter! Thanks again!! 

<3- Minji