Ditching Class

Finding Yourself in Seoul

You spent the rest of the night under your covers in an anxiety-ridden haze. A couple minutes later after you had jumped in bed, pulling the covers over your head and accidentally leaving the door slightly ajar; Eun Bi tip-toed in, trying to be as quiet as possible. Stress covered your entire body, making the muscles in the back of your neck twist and knot. Also a pulsing migraine filled your head until you drifted into a dreamless sleep.

 

You slept through your alarm and woke up an hour late. Groaning, your shoved your face into your pillow. Which you noticed was slightly damp. Great, I hope that's drool rather than tears. Your pulsing migraine was still drifting over your mind, making everything harder to process. Sighing, you realized that you could not physically go to dance practice today. Or mentally actually. You pretty much felt like your brain had been turned to mush.  


After what felt like hours, you finally found the strength to drag your weary body from the safe haven of your bed. Taking a peek at your reflection in the mirror, you grimaced. Dark, sunken bags hung below your eyes, your skin a pasty, washed out color with red blotches from probably crying. Yikes. If you felt crappy on the inside, it was certainly showing on the outside.


You slumped back onto your bed in a haze. Your heart felt shattered, like it was in a bunch of tiny, fragmented pieces. You didn’t know what to do, what would make you feel even a little bit better. The images of Kai and Eun Bi together were permanently stamped into your mind.


You sat, hunched over, turning option after option over in your head of things that you could do. And so far, the ‘ditch going to dance practice to avoid Kai and Eun Bi’ decision sounded best. Mustering up enough energy to pull your seemingly lifeless being from your bed, you glanced one last time in the mirror before grabbing your old, leather handbag and heading out the door.


The damp, city air hit you hard as you exited out the back door of the building. You figured that, since dance practice wasn’t happening. You might as well go explore the city some and nestle yourself down in some cozy corner cafe. You turned random corners again and again, people continuously passed you, yet all their faces looked the same. You were sure you looked like some zombie with your dull and exhausted eyes.


After awhile of pointless exploring, your feet were finally starting to feel it. Ultimately you chose on a cafe right by a common subway station. Even though its name, “Sweet Thunder,” was a bit odd, the rich, intoxicating smell of cocoa beckoned you in. You noticed to your delight that It’s exterior design was warm and friendly with cream and beige colors. People were walking out of the cafe with iced and steaming beverages, making your mouth dry with thirst.


You grabbed a spot in line, scanning the overhead menu, pondering on what to order. However, you were yanked from your thoughts when someone’s body bumped into yours. A black baseball cap put on backwards was all you could see in your field of vision. You waited for an ‘excuse me’ or an apology but not even that was said. Slightly annoyed, you let it go, and turned back to the line. However the familiar rudeness and style reminded you of someone.

 

And as you turned around, you couldn’t help the name slip out of your mouth.


He spun around, surprised by your voice and answering to your call. And you knew, instanty, it was Kai. Your eyes met and you were completely surprised with what you saw. Normally, his eyes were emotionless or cocky. Never much of anything else, except in extremely rare and vulnerable moments. But it startled you to see that, now, they were tinged with sadness and completely overrun with confusion. Not only that, but his emotions seemed to intensify when he recognized you and walked over.


Stopping to my spot in line, Kai stared at his beat-up Converses. The fringe of his dark chocolate brown hair covering his eyes. What do I say? What am I supposed to do? You were trying to rapidly sort out all of your emotions that were piling on top of each other at once. Part of you wanted to scream at him and say to never look at you again, another part wanted to pretend that he doesn’t even exist. While a giant chunk, which you tried to shove deep down and keept it quiet, wanted to figure out what was paining him. Because it looked like he was hurting almost as much as you were and as far as you knew, Kai didn't let himself get hurt.


The result of all your thought processing was useless because all you could say was a muttered, “Why aren’t you in class?”


His eyes slightly flickered upwards but then down again, “I guess I needed to clear my head.”


Your heart swelled with bitter pain when you heard his voice. You tried to force yourself to think clearly and ignore the throbbing ache in your chest. “Oh,” you were definitely having a brain malfunction. “Me too,” your hurriedly added, so you wouldn’t sound so braindead.


Even with your pathetic attempts at a normal conversation, you were sure you sounded dull and rather empty. From the looks of him, he seemed the exact same. A question popped out of your mouth before you could even stop yourself, “Where are you going now?”


He was slightly hesitant to answer, but Kai met your eyes when he did. “I need to catch a train in a couple of minutes,” he responded plainly. You felt like it would be wrong to pry so you turned and started staring at the menu again, trying to decide if you really wanted something or not.


What you didn’t notice during then was Kai’s analytic stare. He noticed your eyes were tinted with red and slightly puffy. He saw your slightly curled hair from last nights party thrown up in a careless bun. Your forehead was even still a little bit blotchy from crying last night. So he asked, “Would you like to come with me?”

 

 

GUYS!!
oMG. I'm so sorry for not updating in seriously forever. ;o;

Fogive me <33

I've been insanely busy and haven't had a time to sit down and write this out.

I realy wanted to get /something/ out for everyone that's waited so long, so thank you. :')

Also i was at Japanese camp for quite awhile (with no internet ect,) so that's another reason why my updates

were so far and few in between.

How is everyone??

I'll keep writing!
<3- Minji