Argument

Finding Yourself in Seoul

You felt your insides start to boil. It was almost like this sickness, your feelings for him, they were taking over you. It was taking over your mind.

 

You faintly heard him give a small laugh, the blood was rushing through your ears. You saw him say something, but the words were silent on his mouth. You felt all the warmth was leaving your fingers and toes, the coldness crawling up your body, only to make you feel more sick. This must be what anxiety feels like.


Your head only cleared a little when your heard your chopsticks clatter on the floor, not realizing your had dropped them. Kai’s face scrunched up with slight worry as he leaned down and picked them up, handing them to you. You took them slowly from his hands, as if your joints were old machines that needed to be oiled.

 

“Sorry, what did you say?” you asked.

 

Holding your gaze, he repeated himself, “I said… I said, I really like you, I’ve never felt this way about anyone which is why it’s so hard for me to believe,” he seemed out of breath all of the sudden.

 

 

 

You were completely knocked out of oxygen, forgetting to breathe. Your eyes widened, they probably looked like they were ready to pop out of your head. You couldn’t filter what came out of your mouth. “The hell?” It accidentally spilled out if your mouth, t was your reaction of complete surprise but probably seemed completely rude.

 

He chewed on his lip and fiddled with his hands which laid at his lap. His ramen was still untouched, just like yours. “I mean it. I mean, I’ve never been good at sharing my feelings especially expressing them openly... But you’ve been the first person in a long time to make me feel anything. I’ve always been numb to everything else,” he elongated.

 

Your jaw dropped, this is the complete opposite of what you were expecting to hear. His words were tearing your heart open again, ripping at your blood vessels and soaring through your veins. This time it seemed to be more painful than the last. “Really?” you whispered, unable to go any louder.

 

He took a deep breath and offered you a shaky smile. He’s so gorgeous. “Really,” Kai replied.

 

 

Then logical data seemed to spew into your mind, he had a girlfriend remember? You saw him kissing Eun Bi, one of your only friends here. How could he like you if he was already committed to someone else? “I know the truth,” you mentioned, slightly louder this time.

 

He raised his eyebrows, “I didn’t think I was that obvious but maybe it was-”

 

“No. That’s not what I meant,” your words came out strained and clipped. Taking a deep shaky breath, you carried on, “I know that you have a girlfriend, I know that you cheated on her… with me,” Anger was kindling and growing inside of you. You voice had started to rise as you started again, “You didn’t think someone wouldn’t tell me? You didn’t think I would find out!? I’m not just a toy for you to mess around with when you get bored, and right now, all of this that you’re telling me? Is a PERFECT example of you messing with my ing emotions!” you screamed. You were breathing heavily, not realizing that your hands were slammed down on top of the table. Aggressively leaning over, your eruption had caused you too look like a barbarian. “And to make the situation even better, I saw you last night outside my room. You and Eun Bi. How could you? She’s my only real friend here, and - and you had to soil that too,” Tears started to brim your eyes and you were starting to choke on your words, suddenly wishing you had never came to this city.

 

Kai’s eyes were flooded with emotions but you were to overcome with yours to notice his. He leaned over the poorly made table, now your faces were moderately close together. His forehead was knitted together in confusion. “I honestly, truly, have no idea what you’re talking about with me having a girlfriend,” he articulated pleadingly. His voice dropped to a soft mutter, almost if he was talking to himself, “You’ve been the only girl that I have ever cared about this much…” His eyes drifted downward to the table. “Please believe me.”

 

“You’ve never given me a reason to trust you,” you answered coldly. Flashbacks from times you spent with flared into your mind, you shut them out instantly.

 

“And about Eun Bi, I can explain -” he formulated, a tinge of frazzled desperation noted in his voice.

 

“Save it,” You had enough of his words, actions are what mean the most and his thick sugar-coated words made you sick to your stomach with animosity.

 

Storming out of the small gas station, you saw a glimpse of the old ahjumma, concern crossed her face as she watched you run out. You heard Kai’s voice rang out, calling your name. Running on the sidewalk, you ducked left into a random alleyway, stairs leading down into it. Your shoes slapped against the cemented stairs.


Making it into the alleyway, you felt a light grasp around your wrist, spinning you around. Warm lips instantly pressed against yours, moving carefully with passion. Between that and the familiar intoxicating aroma, you knew it was Kai, he had come after you.

 

 

Hey everyone!! ^^

Thanks for all the lovely comments, you guys honestly make my day. :)

I love hearing from you so comment away.

<3- Minji