Unexplainable

Finding Yourself in Seoul

It was 4:39 A.M. On the dot. All your thoughts had kept you awake. About camp. About your family and friends back at home. Luhan. Kai. You didn’t want to admit to yourself but he was on your mind the most.



After reading Luhan’s text on Kai’s phone, it felt like your blood had run completely cold. You were beyond confused ,you didn’t know what to feel but you knew you felt something. Whether for Kai or for Luhan, you weren’t sure... You weren’t sure about almost anything anymore. Which made you even more confused. A throbbing headache was pressured behind your temples. You couldn’t possibly fathom Luhan liking you, nor could you even begin to unroot Kai’s motive on stealing you away. You really didn’t want to get in the way of their friendship as well. Wanting to pound your head into the wall, you instead just curled into a ball, feeling extremely frustrated. Things were getting exceptionally complicated. I guess it’s too hard to just label Kai as a jerk and be done with it.


As you were wandering more and more into the maze of your mind, how would you even begin to explain to Eun Bi what happened? You were dreading every minute that was passing. It only got you closer to stumbling over your words with Eub Bi, stretching out your stiff and cramped muscles at practice, and the worst of all, seeing Kai. How would you be able to explain to Kai that you had his phone? It was a common accident, at first... But he’d see that you read his text messages... AISH.


Maybe I should just delete it and pretend it never happened?


No! That’d be terrible, even if I am deadmeat, I couldn’t do something so... so... sneaky like that!


Sighing with all the heaviness in your body, you agreed that you’d ask for Eun Bi’s advice when she’d wake up. “Overthinking ,” you muttered quietly. And if Kai or Eun Bi didn’t finish you off first, your parents definitely would for losing your phone.


You envisioned how the conversation would go, “Yeah, Mom... Dad... I lost my phone when I went out clubbing and was dancing extremely close with two guys. Oh yeah, don’t forget I kissed one of them too.”


Yeah, that’d go over extremely well...


You turned over to the other side of the bed, scrunching your pillow underneath your head. So many thoughts were floating through your head, you decided you might as well get some sleep and pulled up the covers of your comforter to your chin.


You sighed more lightly this time but with a note of sadness when you realized that dancing might not even bring you peace this time.




*****



“____!” you heard a rushed whisper of your name.


Your eyes flew open and you found yourself face to face with a fuming Kai.


A hand shot over your mouth just as a shallow shriek passed your lips. Kai towered over you, his sharp eyes boring into mine.


“Sheesh, keep it down!” he pressed. “Do you want to wake up the entire dorm?”


Your eyes darted to the sleeping Eun Bi to the bed across the room. Luckily she hadn’t been awoken by either you or Kai. And by the sound of her snoring, she wasn’t waking up anytime soon.


Kai sighed in annoyance and latched onto your hand. “Come on, let’s talk outside.”


You fought against Kai’s pull but only in vain, in the end letting him drag you out into the deathly quiet halls.




Kai’s heart began to beat a little bit faster once he saw your sleeping form. You looked so troubled but angelic, the late moonlight framing your face. But he had to find answers.  He found himself becoming more nervous but he wasn’t exactly sure why. Little did you know that Kai had been looking for you for the whole night, however he wasn’t about to tell you that though.


“Where have you been? And why did you leave the club?” Kai crossed his arms firmly and tapped his foot.


“I should be asking YOU that,” you retorted. “I looked everywhere for you.”


Kai gave you a scrutinizing look, narrowing his eyes at you, not sure whether to believe what you had said or not. “So you didn’t ditch me?”


“Pshhh, no. Why would I ditch you?” you replied without a second thought. “We just got separated during that stupid mosh pit.”


“Well, good,” Kai shoved his hands into his pockets and tossed his bangs from his face.



The atmosphere around us grew quiet, it seemed like Kai had more to say, but for some reason or another couldn’t.


“Ah,” Kai’s eyes lit up as he fished through one of his coat pockets. “This is yours, right?” He pulled out a sleek, white iPhone and held it out to you.


“Oh, my phone,” you mumbled, hesitantly taking it from him. Other than a small scratch on the back cover, my phone looked almost untouched. You were extremely thankful that you had a password set; you couldn’t even begin to imagine how embarrassed you would’ve been if Kai read your messages; considering most of your texts to Eun Bi were about him. Usually being a complete jerk though.


Your stomach quickly dropped. You still had Kai’s phone, and by the way he was raising his eyebrows expectantly at you, he was waiting for you to return his phone back to him.


“Uhm,” you fumbled. “Well- I- ah- I left it in my room, can’t I just give it back to you during practice?”


A smirk formed on Kai’s face, “I can just come in with you and grab it quick.”


Your chest constricted a bit, “NO-  I mean, it’s just- like, it’s not a big deal right? You can’t even wait until practice without it?” You were trying to turn the attention back on him as you were slowly backing towards your dorm room door.


An even wider smile appeared on his face as he said, “Nah, I’ll just take it right now.” Your plan wasn’t working.



Slight anxiety bubbled in your throat as you tried to sputter out another excuse, Kai grabbed your wrist and began to laugh light-heartedly because he knew you were completely lying. He could tell from the beginning that you were lying. Now, a small sound of laughter escaped you as you felt the mood between the two of you lighten. You pushed your hands against his chest trying to push him away, but to no avail, he was a lot stronger than you.


“Ya-yah!” you tried to say quietly but laughter took your words away. He started tickling you, all over your ribs and quickly behind your knees. Your hands were scrambling all over the place attempting to save yourself. He was still laughing, in a really cute dorky way. His hair was hanging over his eyes, as he was moving left and right and ducking to escape your outstretched hands.




You heard a slight jiggle and pressure fall away as your door opened. Your eyes darted to the doorknob and you saw Kai’s hand gripping it. You gasped suddenly as you lost your balance and went stumbling into your dark room, along with Kai right behind you. Pinching your eyes shut, you crashed into the back of the door with a thud. A surprised scream was about to bypass your lips but once more Kai’s hand found your mouth to quiet you. Your eyes popped open instantly and saw Kai’s face only a few iinches from yours. You heard a muffled squeal and recognized it was your own.



You heard a feminine gasp that wasn’t yours and your eyes quickly shot over to Eun Bi’s bed. Kai turned his neck slightly, hearing the gasp as well.


“OH. MY. GOD. What are you two doing?” Eun Bi said delightedly and with volume, she was starting to jump up and down with uncontrollable excitement. “Well...? SPILL IT.”



Uh oh.. Things just got even more complicated.

 

 

 

A/N: Hey guys! It's Minji, :)

I really apoligize for not having updated in awhile! I've been sooo busy with school, and everything.

I'm balancing numerous jobs and finals are coming up, so I haven't had much time to write.

I also wanted to say THANK YOU to EVERYONE that's voted, comment and subbed.
You're the sole reason why I work so hard on updating a lot and I say this quite often but it  really does means a lot to me. :)

Especially the consistent commentors, I definitely recognize you and it makes my day. <3

School will be out soon and I'm going to be traveling so I'll have plane time to write a lot!

Don't be silent readers and I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter ^^

Hwaiting~

<3- Minji